JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really?

Oh I had a fine time last time I was there. Homeless junkies everywhere. A nice fine young lady screaming at the top of her lungs throwing things around right in front of those gates in Chinatown while everyone just walks by pretending she isn't there fighting demons.

Having a little chat with a young security guard in a little strip mall telling me how all he does all day is chase off homeless vagrants...

Not as bad as downtown Chicago but then again my buddies that live in Chicago are always saying "it isn't as bad as people say..." so what do I know?

Though I will admit I'd walk around downtown Portland at night and not worry too might about going into the wrong neighborhood whereas I wouldn't get out of my car at night in most areas of Chicago. 🤣
Seem like driving around in Chitown often leads to you walking while someone else drives off in your car :s0140:

The thing is it's an America problem (large blue cities) not just a Portland problem.

It has long lasting effects on our country. Simply due to the ignorance/blinders to crime/evil and a devoted spirit to Anti America ideologies. No one wants to serve in LE, Military or other first responder fields. Our country is getting weaker by the minute and I promise you we will see a violent effect from what the American people have allowed to take place and evolve into what it is today.

Tolerance breeds violence.
Ding ding ding.....we have a winner folks! Well said sir

Really?

Oh I had a fine time last time I was there. Homeless junkies everywhere. A nice fine young lady screaming at the top of her lungs throwing things around right in front of those gates in Chinatown while everyone just walks by pretending she isn't there fighting demons.

Having a little chat with a young security guard in a little strip mall telling me how all he does all day is chase off homeless vagrants...

Not as bad as downtown Chicago but then again my buddies that live in Chicago are always saying "it isn't as bad as people say..." so what do I know?

Though I will admit I'd walk around downtown Portland at night and not worry too much about going into the wrong neighborhood whereas I wouldn't get out of my car at night in most areas of Chicago. 🤣
The best is when you get to watch someone have a boxing match with a light pole or a screaming match with their reflection in a store window.

Watching someone drop their pants and spew out diarrhea on a bus stop bench is nice too.

Oh and don't forget the individual lying down using the curb as a pillow with half of his body laying in the street and a needle hanging out his arm.

Or the time a murder took place across the street where I worked and the suspect apparently rode away on his bike laughing.

Good times.

Seem like driving around in Chitown often leads to you walking while someone else drives off in your car :s0140:
Oh yeah. A friend of mine was attending college in Chicago in early 2000s and a group of underprivileged guys attempted to carjack him.

They stopped a car in front of him and on the side. One of them jumped out with a gun. My friend hit the gas and made dude a speed bump.

He didn't stop to find out how the poor fellow was but his assumption was he might not have made it to carjack anyone else anytime soon.

What I really want to know is how many of the people that say they would never go to downtown PDX now actually ever went there before
I did . Food trucks, small shops, just generally walking around wasting time.

F that now . Seattle and Portland both can rot. I still got Spokane FWIW.
Mostly we're going to Alaska more on our short trips. Lol , unfortunately that's not driving distance

The lefties were so sure they could create a utopia they didn't bother to check whether it had been tried before.
It has.

It failed.

It always will.

But don't you worry! They'll keep trying….. cause this time it will be different.

That's disgusting....that's definitely not normal. It's sad people up there are ok with that being everyday life.....I'll stay home
Besides, he's not that funny. Being rude, crude, and lewd isn't comedy (not since Don Rickles, anyway). But some folks seem to think every F-bomb is a knee slapper.
Junkies jonesing for a fix aren't going to steal my car —they can't—but they'll break a window in the middle of the night for….damn near anything not attached to the car they might be able to sell. The latter poses absolutely zero danger to my personal safety and my response to the risk is to avoid the hassle.
I think the difference is that some of us can remember when these things didn't happen, and think things used to be better that way.

I can't say much about Portland , since I don't live or work there.
However...
My in laws live in Beaverton...and when visiting them....a trip to Powells was always done.
I won't visit the main store any more...I have no desire to see if the reputation of downtown Portland is true or hype.

Something to consider here is reputation....
True or not...it can affect how something / someone is viewed...and if bad enough , true or not...
It will make people avoid you or it.
Andy

Lol.
I had a bike or 2 stolen, geezus buddy where'd you acquire so much bad Karma? ( pun! )
No idea, and they were both total POS's Never heard that they were used in any other crime. Both in Phoenix Az, one got driven through the garage wall of a home condemned for freeway expansion and the other one ended up burned outside of Clovis NM about 6 months after it was stolen

Besides, he's not that funny. Being rude, crude, and lewd isn't comedy (not since Don Rickles, anyway). But some folks seem to think every F-bomb is a knee slapper.
Are you referring to Dave Chapelle? Because if so im thinking you haven't seen or heard much of his more recent sets.

Does he cuss? Yeah but that is definitely not his shtick.

No idea, and they were both total POS's Never heard that they were used in any other crime. Both in Phoenix Az, one got driven through the garage wall of a home condemned for freeway expansion and the other one ended up burned outside of Clovis NM about 6 months after it was stolen
Kids I guess. Probably not a lot to do in Phoenix besides joyride in a stolen Chevy cavalier.

No, I confess I haven't. Watched him once and didn't find him that humorous.
GVAF20h.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top