JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0733_zpsbxyzohee.jpg

9mm and 10mm
I love the tommy gun but its heavy.
A 30 carbine in 10mm I would buy in a hart beet

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
That's your opinion but obviously not alot of others since it's the hottest selling items on the market right now. Wait 6mons to a yr and it'll be something else you don't like lol.

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
Maybe a Gease Gun or a Thompson but not an M1 carbine.
Now that defines ugly !

Maybe that ugliness was a design feature intended to insult the enemy ?
What an insult to be shot by such an ugly gun !

:)

Oh, the concept may be called into question, and some of them do look a little on the silly side. But, what if the pistol-caliber carbine was still a pistol? And a carbine? The grip frame on this MechTech .45 looks hauntingly familiar. Am thinking .45 Super or .460 Rowland. Not exactly a .450 SOCOM, but not all that far away - especially in .460. And, should involve no FFL or transfer.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 2.53.15 PM.png

The Mechtechs are on my radar but I wish the builds would come in a bit lighter. A build like you have pictured there would come in at over 8#'s if I don't miss my guess.

Moral of this thread.

I like ugly guns apparently.

Sheesh, for a gun forum, there are a lot of gun owners here complaining about guns they don't like.

Thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

:s0104:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads