JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, my friend, you are feeding my shenanigans. And naturally, I heartily approve of said. :D
Just discoverd a possable carbine build project, if the P80 glock frames come in a G-20 config, i will be doing up a 10 mm Mech -Tech build Just as soon as I can get a frame kit!:)
I really, really want a semi auto PCC in 10mm that can compete with the AR for mission adaptability!

Still don't see the wackiness of this design:

E90992A0-CDCE-4110-8186-945ACE8EAA9F.jpeg

Scratching my head on a basic rifle design, besides the magazine sticking out.

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
The concept of carrying a longarm that can use the same ammunition as your side arm dates back to the cowboy days

Guess they just forgot that aesthetics are important too

Still don't see the wackiness of this design:

View attachment 580447

Scratching my head on a basic rifle design, besides the magazine sticking out.

When it was a new idea they were saying was coming the one derogatory comment (other than the I hate all PCC's crowd) was the mag well. How funny or off it looked. I thought the same thing until I read what it was for and why it looked like that. After I got mine it confirmed a very smart idea. Since many who own a handgun would love to have a rifle that uses the same mag and this one was ready to go for 3 different ones. After seeing how it was made first thing I thought was sure looks like after market could make inserts for others later if they felt there was market.
When Kel-Tec first hit with the S2K this was one of it's selling points. Sadly the one that uses Glock mags is only Glock. They do make it in another version that will use 3 different kinds of mags with just a swap out of the catch to the one desired. Great idea but not nearly as easy to do as the Ruger design. Not to mention Ruger made sure they offered Glock mag along with their own mags from the start. By the time Ruger jumped into this market there was already a lot of PCC's using Glock mags and they were quite popular as a mag choice for these. Sure worked out well for me as I don't own any Glock pistols but already had a box full of Glock mags since I already had a couple PCC's in 9mm that use them too.

Gimme a Ruger M77/44 any day, wish they would bring them back, maybe in .454, or .45 Colt, and i would break my arm getting my wallet out for one in 10mm!
Or give me a ruger hawkeye in .30-06 with iron sights and a full length stock.

That way I wouldn't need to buy a surplus rifle just to have irons (then it'd be cause I want a surplus rifle :D).

I love my PCCs.
Granted, according to an earlier post, they might be more considered to be looking like SMGs than PCCs...
I prefer modern firearms that are very easy for a novice shooter to get hits with, and love Glock magazine compatibility.
And the Scorpion is also an absolute favorite now that it has a tailhook (not pictured).

DSC-6399cw16.jpg

Pretty vague answer from KT about the 6K round expectancy.
I wonder what 'parts' they are referring to.

Blanket policies tend to be vague but it gives you an indication of the designed service life.

Also I hope this puts the idea that the 6k round number is fake to rest for at least a few people. Of course it is just as likely to be ignored.

The only way to make a PCC look more like conventional rifle is to go bolt action, pump action, or lever action (the last two, with tubular magazines) ... otherwise, until parts of the NFA can be repealed, we are stuck with 16" barreled carbines, or pistols with braces :confused:

For the 16" barreled PCCs, it seems to make them more handy and easy to move around; one has to go bullpup, beyond sticking an upper on a handgun frame type with handgun magazines in the main grip :rolleyes:

The Ruger PC series and Marlin Camp are the closest to looking coventional, and some still complain about them :rolleyes:

I wonder how do people think of the old AR-7 design.. if they are "too sci fi/weirdly shaped/ugly"... because it is minimalist with a floating stock... and its been around for quite a while.

Edit. Actually, someone or some specific organization could bring a suit against the Federal Govt to repeal parts of the NFA and use the Miller decision to repeal it because "2A protects arms suitable for militia uses, including those in common use with the military", specifically SBRs and suppressors, possibly even machine guns.. since the M4 is under 16" barrel, and suppressors are used with marksmen units...and we all know machine guns are standard issue :rolleyes:

And just as likely most will never see 6K rounds.

Must be people like my buddy that buys more and more guns but only fires the ones he has a few times then puts them away in the safe.:rolleyes:

Psssh most of my guns go out every week or two for range time. My vepr12 has a couple thousand shells through it already.
my first AR15 has at least 2k+ through it now.
my 7.62x39 is less than a year old and already has around 2k through it.
my 308 has at least 1000rds through it already and it isn't even 6 months old yet.

what's the point of having all these guns if you never use them?! sure they wear out...get a 55 gallon drum as a trophy holder. wear out the barrels till they won't group anymore, toss the worn barrel in the drum and put a new one in and wear it out too! fill that drum up! then you can show off to your friends your worn out barrel collection!

my walther P22 has had enough 22lr through it that it's short barrel is smooth bore. the action is sloppy, and it's on its second slide cause the first one broke in half :D think that thing has has in the neighborhood of 10-20k rounds through it. had it 15yrs now. So I can't be mad that it's getting sloppy in the action or that the barrel rifling is all but gone in it. it's had a long life. time for a new barrel lol.

I had probably close to a 1000 rounds through my S2K when I sold it and it was already starting to show signs of wear - loosening plastic parts etc.
I didn't learn about the barrel issue until after I sold it so fortunately I did not have to deal with that.

My 20+ year old hi point 995 probably has had over 10,000 rounds through it and its still chugging through... accuracy wise? Can't tell if its worsened since I got it heavily used :rolleyes: does have that nifty lifetime warranty going for it though.

With the boom in these I have been kind of surprised someone has not again come out with a Semi, rifle, version of the old M3. The design was super simple and cheap to make, clone would be easy. Of course to tool up to make something like this is NOT what many "imagine" it to be. It would take some real money to become a manufacturer and be able to crank them out at a price point to compete now.
Now that would be interesting. An AK action made in pistol caliber. Does anyone make such? Seems like it would be great for those who own and use an AK.

Yes , I think one is PSA .. If one was built right with quality materials and most parts interchangeable with the standard AK it would be a winner

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top