JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Earlier in the day, I did a bit of shooting up on our home range. The rifle I brought along was the Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum and I put about 150 rounds of 240-grain, JHP through said. What I love about this platform is it "just works". Totally reliable (I've never had a malfunction of any kind), 11 shots on tap, surprisingly accurate at closer ranges, and hits with authority. Later, I gave it (and some other guns) a good cleaning, it is easy-peasy to maintain.

Granted, it isn't cutting edge, whizz-bag technology, but there is something to be said about "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (attributed, probably inaccurately, to Da Vinci).

And if you can't stop nearly any animal found in the Pacific Northwest with 11 rounds of .44 Magnum, or at least fun with said on the range, you are having a very bad day indeed. :s0112:

@Alexx1401 In case anyone wanted to see the response from KelTec customer support. 6k rounds.View attachment 581287

<sigh>
No headers, the earlier links you put up were from a message board, were posters did not support what you claimed and they were from about a decade ago. Ok got it you have a hate going on for Kel-Tec and are desperate to tell all. I give up. By all means never buy one. I don't own a piece of the Co so matters not to me. The net is a giant watering hole and it is amazing how "invested" some get in what they read there.
I am sure Elvis is still out there performing too, after all I read it on the net :D

<sigh>
No headers, the earlier links you put up were from a message board, were posters did not support what you claimed and they were from about a decade ago. Ok got it you have a hate going on for Kel-Tec and are desperate to tell all. I give up. By all means never buy one. I don't own a piece of the Co so matters not to me. The net is a giant watering hole and it is amazing how "invested" some get in what they read there.
I am sure Elvis is still out there performing too, after all I read it on the net :D
Of course he is, grandma just saw him in Vegas right before she got ran over by a reindeer.

@Alexx1401 Good Lord, you want the headers too? I'd provide them while redacting my own email address, but I think you'd have something to say about that too. This is like the Dems and Mueller Report part 2: Alexx1401 seeks to rebut a KelTec widely known number.

How about you email KelTec and ask the same question? www.keltecweapons.com maybe I spoofed their entire website on your computer tho! Tricky computers these days! Can't trust 'em! Their website has a nice applet to ask your questions and they're very responsive.

I definitely like KelTec a lot more than willfully ignorant people with their head in the sand.

Heres some important tidbits from the kel tec info posted.
First; expecte life of 6,000 rounds or more

Second
at least6,000 rounds before parts are needed.

This seems to indicate that Kel Tec expects them to last 6,000 rounds at the mimimum, not the maximum

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
Yes, they are just crazy looking to not have power behind them. Its like putting an old VW engine in a Ferrari. Wish I hadn't sold my HK-94 paratrooper bought in 1977 for $550 though. Sold it 7 years ago for $650 when I needed some cash. Cant afford one now!

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
Apparently you think the M3 45 caliber grease gun looks good. Or the Sten. Perhaps that looks good.
I don't think any of the WWll sub guns were particularly attractive. The Thompson submachine gun came the closest, but even the German sub guns looked like some kind of refugee from a parts bin.
On the other hand, looks had very little if anything to do with performance, and they all performed their respective tasks as well as any sub guns before or since.

It would be neat to see an M1 Carbine lookalike in :
.45acp
9mm
.40S&W
10mm

Or have Ruger bring back there original .44 Magnum carbine , but in the above calibers with the original tube magazine that Ruger had for their .44 Magnum carbines.
Andy
Several years ago there was a guy who could take an M1 carbine and rebarrel it to 45 magnum. I thought that was a much better idea than the 30 caliber it came with, but at the time I could not afford either the original carbine or the conversion.

Several years ago there was a guy who could take an M1 carbine and rebarrel it to 45 magnum. I thought that was a much better idea than the 30 caliber it came with, but at the time I could not afford either the original carbine or the conversion.

I remember those. One of the outfits that built them, as I recall, was Le Mag. They made a .45 Winchester Magnum and a .50 AE conversion for the M1 Carbine. I vaguely recall the made a M1 Garand version in something .338 that fed from a box magazine. Neat-o work. Makes me wonder what happened with them.

Heres some important tidbits from the kel tec info posted.
First; expecte life of 6,000 rounds or more

Second
at least6,000 rounds before parts are needed.

This seems to indicate that Kel Tec expects them to last 6,000 rounds at the mimimum, not the maximum

The first links were to a conversation from an old message group/ board I used to be a member of. Not even sure it's still active, owner ran it into the ground when I was a member. In any case it was almost a decade old and several were saying it was myth then if you read the thread.The second, some kind of screen shot, that from that you can't even tell it id actually came from anyone at the Co, or if the person even had any clue what they were talking about. As I mentioned if someone is overly invested in some idea and search enough its not hard to find someone on the net saying the same thing. Then of course link to it. Again it's some random person who no one has any idea if they know anything. Risky way to take any kind of "info" at best.
At the time that one conversation was going on Kel-Tec was still getting over the mistake of making the P40. It was a small very light auto in .40. it was just too much gun in too small a package. If you did not keep a real good hold they would not cycle well. People kept returning them. Co would test them, find nothing wrong send them back. The price on them was so cheap many would then take to the net to pronounce everything made as junk and tell each other the same. Co finally just gave up making the pistol as it was more trouble than it was work. Long after they stopped making them I got to shoot a couple of them and damn if they were not a handful to try to shoot well with. At the time you could still get a conversion to make the 9mm version which I had and still have, use .40. After tying one I could not see any point in it as it was just too damn hard to hit anything with on follow up shots. Now and then you still see the pistols and the conversions show up for sale and they of course go for insane prices now, just because they are no longer made. At the time I had a Firestar in 40 that was the same size and worked great. Of course that was because it was all steel and weighed about twice as much. It earned the nickname of Firebrick it carried. They were a great little powerhouse but heavy as hell.

I remember those. One of the outfits that built them, as I recall, was Le Mag. They made a .45 Winchester Magnum and a .50 AE conversion for the M1 Carbine. I vaguely recall the made a M1 Garand version in something .338 that fed from a box magazine. Neat-o work. Makes me wonder what happened with them.

The biggest downfall of stuff like that is it is great but, problem of course is price. Some small outfit making stuff like that just can't do it cheap enough to get a mass market going. Imagine an M-1 Carbine in 10mm taking Glock mags? Now that would be a fun little rifle! Sadly of course I doubt anyone is going to spend the cash to tool up to mass produce it so the price point would be attractive.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

What are your thoughts?

They for the most part are fun guns! Many that can't hit squat with a hand gun do surprisingly good with one of these. I bought one for fun, and in 40 cal., it was exactly that. However, some of the replica firearms are very nice, and really an improvement over some of the original caliber. An early Rossi is a ringer for a Winchester 92, but in 44 Mag. Caliber sits next to my 94s. Functional and much better than some of the older calibers. Although a bit pricey, but nicely made even if not exact copies are the Henry line, and even some imports. It's a matter of choice, and each has it, and we live in a country where those choices can be had. I know years back, I could never figure out how anyone could ever favor an AR. Crap, own one and they grow on you also. I think mine bred while I wasn't looking as now they are a family of four!

I'm pretty late to this party, but I really like my Beretta CX-4 Storm Sci-Fi gun! I even have a barrel shroud that makes it look like the the Battlestar Galactica 'Colonial Carbine'. ( geek trivia for ya). As a practical piece, it's very accurate and the overall length is about the same as a "Pistol" wink, wink AR with a shockwave blade. Yet a full 16" barrel so no grey areas here. Pairs with my 92 to share mags. Fun and practical as a house gun.

of course I believe that all my PCCs look like space guns. But they are darn accurate and cheap to shoot a lot.
I always have either a Scorpion or a Vector with me for every range trip. The AR15s sit, for the most part.
If 300 Blackout was cheaper to shoot I would probably shoot it more, but at 2x 45ACP and 3x 9mm costs, it just doesn't get as much action.

Been thinking about the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Either the carbine or the pistol, but I'm kind of leaning towards the pistol. Still thinking about it.

91351_with_czpdw_32rd_manticore_smoke_mag_1_.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top