JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I despise death threats as much as anyone else, but multiple accounts are expressly prohibited per the Rules page.

"9. The creation or use of more than one account is prohibited.
No member is to create or use more than one account, for any reason. No member is allowed to use the account of another member for any purpose."

You cannot know that the person buying it from you @ $46 won't flip it somewhere else for $90.

Maybe the hypocrisy he's talking about is the fact that some still think that it's only the sellers who are responsible for the shortage. In any free market system like we have, it takes two to tango. There are many factors outside of just the scalpers that are helping to create the shortage. Perhaps hypocrisy is not the right word, but it would be inconsistent, in my view, to extol the virtues of capitalism without recognizing the role of buyers in the market. They, too, are culpable of what's happening.
Do the manufacturers who continue to advertise their .22 guns on the "economical" nature of the caliber deserve some blame? How about the ammo manufacturers who haven't added manufacturing lines? How about the gun reviewers who rarely mention the shortage? [Guns & Ammo did an introduction video of CCI suppressor ammo and said it is currently on the shelves for about $3/box. What planet are they living on?] How about the Obama administration? They didn't seem to budge during the Giffords shooting, nor the Colorado theater shooting. [I think the Reagan administration took more action on guns.] It took the killing of innocent kids to get them to move. Is Adam Lanza even partially culpable for current market conditions?

The Canadian example is a sobering point. When looking for CCI Stingers, it turns out the only stores with any regular supply are Canadian Tire stores, which are now branching out to become general merchandise stores. Would be nice to pick up some ammo while getting your tires rotated. They do have stricter purchasing requirements, however.

I do agree with you that there are multiple parties responsible for the current shortage, and I agree the buyers are just as responsible. I would not lay the blame for the shortage solely at the feet of those who seek to profit from it, I merely express my feeling that I will continue down the path of refusing to pay what I still believe to be ridiculous prices. If I do buy at those prices, then I am as guilty as the others who continue to encourage the fear that leads to hoarding, etc. I've walked away from a number of .22lr ammo in stock deals just because they were charging far too much.

I have enough ammo on hand that I can shoot from time to time, just not as often as I like. Every now and then, I get lucky and score a box of ammo at what I consider a reasonable price and I buy it. I do believe this will come to an end eventually and the market will adjust and stabilize. Until then, I encourage everyone I know to just stay calm and celebrate the little .22lr victories that come along once in a blue moon. We've already seen some stabilization in the selling prices of guns and other ammo over what was happening last year. I remember seeing a stock, off the shelf 10/22 going for over $500 and people snapping them up at that price. You'd be hard pressed to pull that off today. .22lr ammo will come back around, eventually.

One would think with the obvious overstocking of Canadian suppliers with the reduced demand the manufacturers would 'shunt' some of it to American distributors knowing full well it WILL sell much faster - unless it is Canadians who make up the majority of scalpers.

I doubt it as they can't sell and ship ammo across the border.

and to transport across the border you need a permit. >.<

Last Edited:
"Compelled to create a duplicate account"? Well nothing wrong with that, is there?
I do not and will not buy anything from scalpers. I do reserve an exception for the second coming of Elvis concert!

Popped into the Lincoln City BiMart to buy printer ink (my least favorite purchase ever) and cruised the ammo counter like you have to if you go to BiMart.

There was a 333rnd brick of Winchesters sitting right there on the shelf like they should be. $15. That used to be my target price for a 550 round brick, but I compromised. Made the sting of buying that ¥£*^#%!! Overpriced Printer ink go away.

Popped into the Lincoln City BiMart to buy printer ink (my least favorite purchase ever) and cruised the ammo counter like you have to if you go to BiMart.

There was a 333rnd brick of Winchesters sitting right there on the shelf like they should be. $15. That used to be my target price for a 550 round brick, but I compromised. Made the sting of buying that ¥£*^#%!! Overpriced Printer ink go away.

You must be off your meds... There is no BIMART in LC no more it is now a Goodwill, Because surly it didn't move to a off the main drag and sometimes more fruitful than other Bi-Marts.... Right, Right... Wink, Wink....

If you catch them on the rıght day/time you can get 500 round packs of Thunderbolt for $18. If the scalpers haven't been there before you and the clerks are honest.

OK .... I've been silent on this for the most part.
This is a capitalist based society,or used to be. You don't have to buy 22 ammo so it's not scalping or burning anyone.
You to can get up on the morning that wally's gets 22 ammo and sell your soul to get in line.If enough people do this they will limit it to a brick a day,letting others get the ammo they so desire.
If you don't want to do that,like me, then you have nothing to complain about.This is supply and demand,period. If you want the ammo enough to pay $45 a brick the the demand is there.If you can't get to wally world to buy ammo and it's important enough to you,you will get there and cause a stink.
I only have about 6k rounds and I'm not going to wait or ask some clerk to go find the ammo for me. I'll quit shooting 22 before that happens. Honestly I stopped in 1 morning and the girl said she had none,right after my buddy bought some. I decided it wasn't worth my soul to play wally's game.
I hate being in that communistic store anyway.And I call my friends communists for shopping there.

Anyway,don't whine if you aint gunna do what it takes to buy the ammo

After reading most of this thread heaping abuse on this member using the classifieds to sell his ammo I guess the rules about not badmouthing a seller in classifieds is no longer in force. I see outrageous prices on firearms but the rules say to just move on and don't comment if you don't like a price. How is ammo different? I've seen lots worse prices than this member wants and just ignored them and moved on. Local stores have strict limits on 22lr purchase and the shelves are still empty. Scalpers don't cause that. Most other calibers are in reasonable supply but more expensive than a couple years ago. Why wouldn't it be. Lesson for the future don't run out of ammo before going to buy more. Look at all the comments here badmouthing this man and ending with "I have thousands of rounds of 22lr so it doesn't affect me". Just move on.

After reading most of this thread heaping abuse on this member using the classifieds to sell his ammo I guess the rules about not badmouthing a seller in classifieds is no longer in force. I see outrageous prices on firearms but the rules say to just move on and don't comment if you don't like a price. How is ammo different? I've seen lots worse prices than this member wants and just ignored them and moved on. Local stores have strict limits on 22lr purchase and the shelves are still empty. Scalpers don't cause that. Most other calibers are in reasonable supply but more expensive than a couple years ago. Why wouldn't it be. Lesson for the future don't run out of ammo before going to buy more. Look at all the comments here badmouthing this man and ending with "I have thousands of rounds of 22lr so it doesn't affect me". Just move on.
If you check closely, this is under general firearm discussion and is not a classified ad, so rule #12 is not applicable on this thread.

I don't think people know what price gouging and scalping mean. Buyers have alternatives. They can buy from the same store these "scalpers" buy from any week. They are not sold out items like Super Bowl or concert tickets.

If you don't want to drive around looking for the ammo or wait in lines then you may have to pay a premium.

I don't think people know what price gouging and scalping mean. Buyers have alternatives. They can buy from the same store these "scalpers" buy from any week. They are not sold out items like Super Bowl or concert tickets.

If you don't want to drive around looking for the ammo or wait in lines then you may have to pay a premium.
Can I get a "Hallelujah!"

Last Edited:
You must be off your meds... There is no BIMART in LC no more it is now a Goodwill, Because surly it didn't move to a off the main drag and sometimes more fruitful than other Bi-Marts.... Right, Right... Wink, Wink....

LOL. I just got your sarcasm.

YOUR INBOX IS FULL MARK! I'll have to post it here...Please excuse the hijack of this well worn thread.
http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm. I haven't used these but have a friend that does and has success. Also if you have a Costco card they refill for a reasonable price.

Just say NO to overpriced, OEM printer ink!

Mike

I find its usually only the new kids in the game that'll pay scalper prices..
In turn keeping demand and prices high.

Ive just plain moved on from .22
Even offered to sell it all off (Jokingly):
3-4000 rounds (mixed)
A new 10/22 + mags and a Marlin 7000+mags
All for a date with Eva Mendes.. Or a running Ford Bronco.. Or a house.
I mean.. Thats fair current MSRP right? Haha.

YOUR INBOX IS FULL MARK! I'll have to post it here...Please excuse the hijack of this well worn thread.
http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm. I haven't used these but have a friend that does and has success. Also if you have a Costco card they refill for a reasonable price.

Just say NO to overpriced, OEM printer ink!

Mike
Mike.. Thanks for the heads up.

To the folks who objected to the term 'Scalper', I would argue that it is applicable and appropriate. I don't have a problem with scalpers, nor to I have a problem with people who pay their prices. I just refuse to participate and perpetuate the market condition that exists.

A friend of mine was low on 22 and his boys weren't able to shoot. That brick from Bimart in Lincoln City is making some boys happy this weekend.

Here's a video a fella took at the Oly Cabelas yesterday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top