JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True market value to me is what it sells for in a retail store ie Bi mart Walmart etc. When those stores start selling it for 45 bucks a brick then I will consider that price fair market value. I also wont sell any of what I have to anyone I dont know friends and family only. If I were to sell a brick it would be probably around 20 bucks and I wouldnt wany some joker buying my fairly priced brick for 20 then tring to get 50 for it on Armslist. I could have done that myself but im not that kind of person and wouldnt help A rip off artist do it to someone else.

Last Edited:
Im ok with with a guy selling bricks for $50...go to a gun shop or gun show...they want alot more than that....that being said I dont buy at those prices...but for a guy who doesn't have time to go to Wal-Mart, $50 for a brick is alot better than a gun shop or gun show that wants $80-$100...

Just another ignore button that's all. Let "her" be and make a few bucks. Obviously "she" needs the extra few dollars to justify the sweet new hi point.

Let me clarify that I do find my high point 995 carbine rifle a sweet gun. However it was 150 and had to be sent back to be able to feed 2 rounds in a row. Excellent plinker but what is the point of a HD rifle that only holds 10 in 9mm.
Ok on topic I am sure that at the cost he/she is selling its a 20 dollar markup so in high volume 7 bricks might get you that High point. I have to admit I went against my better judgement and paid a little more for .22 mag for the PMR-30 I found last weekend and now the wife does not even want to shoot it. Kicking myself for giving in to a marked up price on ammo. 26 a box when it is 14 from my favorite gun shop and that 14 is for CCI maxi mag tnt hollow points. Now it is just for sell or trade since I would not plink with something someone else would love to have and use often. Finding the wife a HD gun is a hard task. She is not this picky with anything else.

Im ok with with a guy selling bricks for $50...go to a gun shop or gun show...they want alot more than that....that being said I dont buy at those prices...but for a guy who doesn't have time to go to Wal-Mart, $50 for a brick is alot better than a gun shop or gun show that wants $80-$100...

Ok some gun shops but not the shops I go to. I will say it again and again. Frontline Arms does not overcharge and you can ask for a large quantity to be ordered for you. Up until finding that place I hated walking into most shops but now I go buy something once a week or so just cause they are close and good guys. Rare to find a place like that and I want them to stay open so I will keep trying to get others to give them a chance until they have enough income to fill all the walls with well priced ammo and guns.

I thought alter egos were a no no.... you knew u were doing an injustice just by this statement alone...

Yes it is a simple way to be banned. If you do not want death threats then do not show up in a gun forum with a get rich quick crappy scheme. There are too many smart folks here. As well as too many angry folks.

Ok some gun shops but not the shops I go to. I will say it again and again. Frontline Arms does not overcharge and you can ask for a large quantity to be ordered for you. Up until finding that place I hated walking into most shops but now I go buy something once a week or so just cause they are close and good guys. Rare to find a place like that and I want them to stay open so I will keep trying to get others to give them a chance until they have enough income to fill all the walls with well priced ammo and guns.

I agree...and .frontline is a good place to support

I don't agree with death threats, but if you are getting them and also getting your tires slashed that might be a clue that you need to rethink things a bit.

I don't agree with death threats, but if you are getting them and also getting your tires slashed that might be a clue that you need to rethink things a bit.

You are right as any kind of threat is wrong. There is a reason you can just ignore people. However when you do something shady you are walking the fine line of ticking of angry rednecks. I avoid that but to each their own. I wish no ill will on people for ripping people off other than them getting stuck with a lot of ammo they bought up when it is back on the shelves.

It's kind of funny... I've been keeping an eye out for 22lr just because it's not been on the shelves for a while, but I can't tell you the last time I shot one of my 22s! I think that my thought process is like many others, "If it's hard to find I should buy some when I see it", at reasonable prices of course. I don't "need" it, but I'm thinking I should buy it... ? I must be nutz.

Then yesterday, when I was cleaning out my range bag and putting ammo back in the cabinet I noticed I had more 22LR than I thought. Kind of like this thread, if you know what I mean.

I think this is the mentality of a lot of people, gougers and regular, decent people like orygun and I. It's become the excitement of the search! I just realized I'm sitting on a little over 1000 of .22. I don't shoot much .22, but boy-howdy, what if it went away completely again?

When I started reloading I bought powder by the pound, when that was gone, I'd try a different powder. If I see, and can afford it, I'm gonna' buy 16#s or more of any kind pistol powder. Hell, I can always sell it for cost if I don't like it. Point is it's come to be an exciting experience and I think there may be something lacking if things get back to normal, what ever that will be.

I think this is the mentality of a lot of people, gougers and regular, decent people like orygun and I. It's become the excitement of the search! I just realized I'm sitting on a little over 1000 of .22. I don't shoot much .22, but boy-howdy, what if it went away completely again?

When I started reloading I bought powder by the pound, when that was gone, I'd try a different powder. If I see, and can afford it, I'm gonna' buy 16#s or more of any kind pistol powder. Hell, I can always sell it for cost if I don't like it. Point is it's come to be an exciting experience and I think there may be something lacking if things get back to normal, what ever that will be.

I agree that it is exciting to see that brick when you are buying for personal use at a regular price. It feels like seeing gold at 18 a box. I smile and come home and tell my boy we are going shooting this weekend. is love of it is worth the looking. He is getting better than me with a .22 (which is not all that hard to do) but still he listens well and I am starting to think its time for him to have his own pistol...locked in my safe aside from when we are shooting of course.

We should be having this discussion about gas. The ammo thing will work itself out. The price per brick you pay now will not last forever; eventually the wholesalers will raise their prices to the retailers and then the retailers to you.
For those of you that stocked up, how about getting off of your high horse and selling some at cost to some that don't have any and will have to pay scalper prices. Are you guys that have a huge piled up back stock any better than the scalpers? You don't need 10,000 rounds or even 5,000 rounds. Most of you probably shoot a brick at a time or less when you shoot. So at some point you all bought way more than what you would shoot and that is why you have so much saved up. So, sell everything except one brick and then go shoot it and then go buy another and then do it again. There will be enough for everyone that way. There is more than one solution to the problem; it's not all the scalpers.
How about we sell all of our fırearms and just rent the ones we want to shoot when we want to shoot them?

Everything I feel about this has really already been said. I'm for a free market and I keep my emotions in check so I don't spend more than what I think something is worth. If it's too expensive, I don't buy it. I try very hard to never be in a position where I have to 'panic' on an item like this. I refuse to support this type of business practice with my money, plain and simple. I also reserve the right to have a very negative opinion of those that take advantage. As already stated, until all these places like Bi-Mart, Wallyworld, etc. start selling bulk .22lr for $45 a box, I will continue to believe the market value is NOT $45/box. That is panic pricing, nothing more. It amazes me how hard these folks work to justify what they are doing to their fellow human beings. Reminds me of a guy who got 30 pieces of silver to turn his 'buddy' over to the authorities.

I have seen 22lr at costs more expensive than 7.62x39 for a tiny bubblegum round.

fyi 7.62x39 goes for $0.21/rd and some people think it is okay to charge that much for .22lr

I have seen 22lr at costs more expensive than 7.62x39 for a tiny bubblegum round.

fyi 7.62x39 goes for $0.21/rd and some people think it is okay to charge that much for .22lr

Yep.. Through the whole ammo scare I've been shooting 7.62x39 rather than .22lr, because it was almost always available and at the same cost as before.

I've said it before.. If you told me that in 2013 I would be grabbing an AK or SKS to shoot because it was cheaper than a .22, I'd laugh at you.

As I stated, I disagree with you. Just because you want to sell it above the current market value doesn't mean that you're right and I'm wrong. You are under the impression that a permanent jump in prices in inevitable, but you just don't know that. It's two different opinions, plain and simple. I will continue to refuse to pay inflated prices based on panic. I didn't say you couldn't do what you want, simply that I won't be someone that will support it with my money. My value for this product is below what you charge, and I'm not in high demand, that's my market value. And that's the beauty of living in America.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top