JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With a name like "22lrforsale" shouldn't he be in the vendor section and subject to those rules? If the person was here to be a part of the community I'm fairly certain a more personal user name would have been chosen.

Also; I just set scalpers to ignore. Yes price equates to demand and supply, but there is such a thing as bending over members of the community you belong to. That ends up in ill will and lost future customers. Alienate your profit base and you've screwed yourself out of lasting returns for the short term.

Then again isn't that how commerce has evolved in the past 50 years?

I am with Mikej, people are not shooting the stuff, just hoarding it and just can't psychologically get over needing to always buy more.

As I mentioned before, NO need to shoot .22lr anymore. You can shoot cast reloaded bullets for almost as cheap IF you have powder.

If you are not reloading, it is time to start.

I have not fired a .22lr in well over a year now. The centerfire stuff is almost as cheap reloaded compared to scalper .22lr and makes a bigger boom. Does fun things to reactive targets too.

Eventually, people will wake up at how ridiculous the hoarding is.

I still have a brick or two of .22lr that I will shoot if it makes sense (like taking the kids) and when it is gone, just move on. I will not buy .22lr until I don't have to ask for it, just walk in the store, pull it off the shelf and buy it.

I am shooting plenty and have not bought any for well over a year, maybe even two now.

Well I did buy 2000 rds of .22 Win Auto, but that is a different story.

I'm done buying regular 22lr for personal use for now. I am still on the lookout for my buddy though as he asked me to get him some if I come across it.

However if I find 22lr subsonic ammo at a reasonable price, I will be all over that as I am quite low on that and it is my preferred round to shoot since I have a suppressor.

Suppressor seems kinda pointless on the rifle without subsonic ammo.

The pistol however will shoot whatever I put through it quietly.
I just don't like shooting the pistol as much with the suppressor because I can't see over the can with the iron sights.

Gonna havta get a red-dot mount for it and put a red dot sight on it so I can see over the can without guessing.

Just picked up a bucket of Golden bullet 1400 ct for one of the sons for $57, he shoots the "shoot" out of the stuff with the grand kids. I wont pay scalper prices but will pick it up when available for a good price. I'm no where near short and probably never will be so you fellas can call me one of those there hoarders if you wish, but in reality I just loves to shoot dem sage rats. It was a calling that hit me long ago before this "shortage" came along.

Last Edited:
VP of Sales at Sierra Bullets shares his views on the .22LR shortage -
http://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/why-cant-i-find-22-lr-ammunition/

Was at Hillsboro Dick's Sporting Goods earlier today looking at airguns. Peered over the ammo counter and they had Winchester lead-free Varmint 50-rd boxes at $9.99 (passed). I overheard the clerk mentioning that they'd been getting .22 in for the first time in a long time, with another shipment due for tomorrow morning. Walmart in Portland-Vancouver area has been getting big drops in the past couple of nights, after being dry for 5-6 days. The usual stuff. M-22, Federal 550-rd packs, and Remington Golden Bullet 225 packs. But some stuff I haven't seen around here before, like Remington Target and Golden Bullet 525 packs.

I've picked up 2100 rounds in the past couple days for about 1 cent per round. It's .177 caliber, though. :D Have found my airgun shooting has gone way up in the past weeks. .22LR shooting way down. But the satisfaction in shooting is still about the same.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top