JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Patience can pay off. In the last 2 weeks I've scored 2,000 rounds of .22lr simply by being patient. I bought online and my highest price paid, with shipping was .073 cents per round. Considering I hadn't scored any in a few months, I'm pretty pleased with that. Now I'll have enough ammo to do some shooting and continue my track of not being a 'panic' buyer. It can be done. That said, if you want to stand in line at a place like Cabela's to score a brick, then good luck to you.

Saw this on another forum, about a Cabela's store announcing .22LR.

"the line stretched for several hundred yards and consisted of at least a thousand people, some of whom had been in line since 3:30am."

Nebraska coverage -
Cabelas-Ammo-Sale-jpg.jpg
"LA VISTA, Neb. —About 500 people lined up outside Cabela's in La Vista Saturday, all to buy gun ammunition.
The attention was specifically for boxes of 500 and 1,000 rounds of .22 ammo.
One man arrived at 4 a.m., the boxes sold out in less than 30 minutes."

Read more: http://www.ketv.com/news/ammo-sale-attracts-hundreds/24994478#ixzz2w41zQvtf

Last Edited:
My offer stands:
3-4000 rounds of various .22
A ruger 10/22 w with 7 25rnd mags
And 3 10rnd mags and cheap red dot
A marlin 7000 w/4-10rnd mags and simons scope...
All for an evening date with
Eva Mendes

OR (new trade offer)

A socom 16..
Gotta be practical, ya know? ;)

My offer stands:
3-4000 rounds of various .22
A ruger 10/22 w with 7 25rnd mags
And 3 10rnd mags and cheap red dot
A marlin 7000 w/4-10rnd mags and simons scope...
All for an evening date with
Eva Mendes

OR (new trade offer)

A socom 16..
Gotta be practical, ya know? ;)
ZA, SOLD. You can have a date with me. Eva is busy. If you don't mind my rope like mustache. But no worries. I don't kiss on the first date, and you only get one date. Ha Ha. I will be expecting my .22 ammo ASAP.

I don't think people know what price gouging and scalping mean. Buyers have alternatives. They can buy from the same store these "scalpers" buy from any week. They are not sold out items like Super Bowl or concert tickets.

If you don't want to drive around looking for the ammo or wait in lines then you may have to pay a premium.

WELL SAID!!! Remember people its just a hobby rite??? I hope mr. 22lr was joking about getting death threats. I would take a very small man to make death threats over a classified add!!!
Good gawd people its just 22 ammo. this is the USA if you dont like a price DONT BUY. Its super simple.

Thats my .0000002 cents

I sold a box of 500 for 20 bucks today, I made $1.01. High rolling.

Good on you brother. If more people out there were interested in helping their fellow gun nuts instead of trying to make an easy buck this crap would stop. Course people could stop buyin it at ridiculous prices. Demand dries up prices are gonna start coming down so the gougers can get some of their money back.

Got a 525 brick of golden's today from a buddy of mine. $21.97 and he gave me the three cents back too. :)

As soon [hopefully ] 22lr is abundant and the price in normal or better yet on discount I will buy 10,000 rounds to re stock up. 500 rounds per month is 6,000 per year so I will have almost 2 years worth.

For what I am seeing . It's the reselling Price Gougers that are selling .22 on-line and @ gunshow tables that are out in the open and taking all the heat for being the greedy Dirtbags . Easy to dog-pile on them as there out in the open and the easiest to see . But they Do Not Have all the millions of rounds of .22lr that is out there and that is being manufactured .
It's pretty Obvious .. It's getting horded in the pallets before it even gets to retail sales . CCI did not stop manufacturing it, plus where the hell are the millions of rounds of the cheapass Mexican Aguila .22 being horded at ?, they did not stop manufacturing and importing either .
I have always had more than a case of my favorite .22lr, so I am not sweating it . But question is, There IS Huge Amount of .22 LR stacked by the pallets hidden , Where, and by Who ???

For what I am seeing . It's the reselling Price Gougers that are selling .22 on-line and @ gunshow tables that are out in the open and taking all the heat for being the greedy Dirtbags . Easy to dog-pile on them as there out in the open and the easiest to see . But they Do Not Have all the millions of rounds of .22lr that is out there and that is being manufactured .
It's pretty Obvious .. It's getting horded in the pallets before it even gets to retail sales . CCI did not stop manufacturing it, plus where the hell are the millions of rounds of the cheapass Mexican Aguila .22 being horded at ?, they did not stop manufacturing and importing either .
I have always had more than a case of my favorite .22lr, so I am not sweating it . But question is, There IS Huge Amount of .22 LR stacked by the pallets hidden , Where, and by Who ???

I stopped at a LGS a few days ago and they a good number of bricks of the Aguila .22. I asked, "How much for a brick?"

"$49.99 a brick", said the sales guy.

"I don't need it that badly", I said. Then I left. Then Friday I pop into Bimart up in Vancouver and they have .22 in 50 round boxes. Only allowed to buy 2 boxes but only paid approx. 2.00 a box.

Good things to those that wait.

Ben's loan in Renton has Federal American Eagle 50rd boxes of .22lr in stock as of 4hrs ago.

They had a case worth of them and are limiting them to 2 boxes per customer.

$3.99 per box of 50 (roughly $0.08/rd)

Thought I would pass the word along since I was just in their shop around 1:30pm or so and their shelf was pretty full of it.

Ben's loan in Renton has Federal American Eagle 50rd boxes of .22lr in stock as of 4hrs ago.

They had a case worth of them and are limiting them to 2 boxes per customer.

$3.99 per box of 50 (roughly $0.08/rd)

Thought I would pass the word along since I was just in their shop around 1:30pm or so and their shelf was pretty full of it.

Ben's loan is a good shop. I bought my first Kimber there!

And to the rest. I have given up on .22LR for now. No need for expensive bricks. No reason to stand in line. I suggest you all do the same and get us back to where things were. Something tells me most of you .22LR buyers have plenty but just want more. Right? You see a brick and pay for it and walk out although you have thousands of rounds at home. You hit your local Bi-Mart or Walmart or whatever in hopes to find another. You can never have too much right? How do I know? Been there, done that. Get over it. The .22LR will be produced until the end of time. Europe outlawed guns but still allows rimfire ammo. So calm down. Walk into Bimart and even if they have CCI Minimags just keep walking. You see an ad on Armslist for a brick for $60+ dollars just keep walking. You're friend's friend's friend has a brick for $60 just keep walking. Only then will we all see it available again.

Last Edited:
Ben's loan is a good shop. I bought my first Kimber there!

Only then will we all see it available again.

Just so I'm clear on this ^ . Am I supposed to keep walking when I see this? Or is it okay at this point to buy every box they'll let me? lol

I hardly shoot 22. AFTER this mess started I bought a Browning Buckmark from a member and have shot it very little. I also have a 10-22 from the early '80s that probably hasn't seen more that 100 rounds in the last twenty years.
There has to be an incredible amount of 22lr in peoples closets. The people that always had a good stock probably have triple or more now due to the mentality that all this could get even worse! I even have the urge to get more, even though I barely shoot 22! I have about 1300 round! Whoopee! More than I've ever had in my life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top