JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I'm against it so far as some of you use it for a political statement. I don't think it's terribly useful as that. BEFORE FLAMING KEEP READING

However, it is a right. I will never vote to restrict a right, regardless of how I personally feel about it. I feel there are times where open carry is appropriate. Out in the woods, hiking, a few other times. I don't really think there are any advantages to it in urban environments. So I won't do it. All I would ask is that those of you who decide to do it follow the example of most of the people on this forum and do it low key. Dressed appropriately, not drawing attention to yourself. I don't agree with the guy with the gun on his hip in Starbuck's, but I realize its his/her right and so...

For. I think it is stupid to carry openly as a political statement. I think it should be done practically. I think it is stupid to tell everyone that you have a gun, I think it stupid to put it on your side then walk around. Especially if you don't know how to stay on guard. But even that won't matter, if you hit a crowded area. It is very easy to restrain someone from behind and then take a gun off their hip when it is in plain view. No decently intelligent criminal trying to rob you is going to let you know their coming.

But I won't tell you that you don't have a right to do it.

No, no, no... it says "....shall not be infringed." no training, no class, no license, nada...the government is to be absent from a citizens right to 'keep' (own) and 'bear' (carry, open or concealed ).

Now for one minute let's tear apart this stupid licensing idea.

You take ONE test to drive a car when you are 16 and then NEVER have to prove competency again. The test is simple, multiple choice and teaches you nothing that you can't read on your own. You take ONE driving test and then NEVER have to prove your ability ever again, EVER . Your driver’s license is recognized in any of the 50 states. Therefore, you can have learned to drive in Alaska with very little traffic, yet your license is good in New York, New York or Los Angeles, CA.

You can therefore be 66 years old and have not taken a test, written or physical in 50 YEARS. Do you think cars have changed in the last 50 years? The 'you have to have a license to drive' argument doesn't hold water, it is a joke. How many times driving have you said to yourself; 'that old man shouldn't be driving', 'that woman shouldn't be driving', 'that immigrant shouldn't be driving', 'that teenager shouldn't be driving?' We have all said this to ourselves. The argument simply is ridiculous and is now null and void.

And even with licensing, we still have; drunk drivers, negligent drivers, hit and runs, get away (from crime) drivers, stolen cars, speeding in school zones and more .

YOU SEE THAT LICENSING DRIVERS (AND CARS) DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME FROM CARS...OR FROM DRIVERS .

We must all simply accept that we choose to live in a free society. In a free society their are inherit risks and there is evil and there is great joy. Part of living in a free society is that we must accept responsibility for our actions. There are things in a free society that people will always not like and will always be opposed to and never agree upon, we must learn to accept that and yet choose to live together in peace and respect .

Excellent :s0155:

To my knowledge this has never happened to a true open carrier. (not LEO or a uniformed security). I am not saying that it can not happen, but if it does the statistical relevance will be something like 0.00001%.

Those who commit crimes and those that commit murder are very different people by FBI analysis. The liklihood that someone who is bent on murder is where an open carrier is at the same time is incredibly small. However, the liklihood that the average career criminal see's an open carry individual and moves on to a less formidble opponent and crime is realistic.

Here.

Open carry guys were regularly shot first in the old West..

For ( for you ) as far as I am concerned , concealed is the way to go because I want my ability to protect myself to come as an unpleasant surprise to any piece of work that attempts to threaten my family , friends or myself . I consider your right to carry openly as fundamental and constitutional but I will continue to keep my status under wraps.

Unfortunately, giving up any right in the 2nd Amendment battle is a very slippery slope. So even if people didn't like OC enough to want it to go away, I very much doubt that you will find anyone in our community willing to make it illegal, as it would very likely lead to a loss of momentum in our favor, and lead to further restrictions of the 2nd Amendment rights...

The gun grabbers want so called "assault weapons" made illegal again. They will cite the drug gang problems in Mexico as a reason, but it's not really about Mexico: it's about trying to make civilians powerless in the face of governmental control. That is why everyone must unite to make sure NO GUN RIGHTS ARE LOST. ONCE THEY ARE GONE, THEY'LL NEVER COME BACK.

The gun grabbers want so called "assault weapons" made illegal again. They will cite the drug gang problems in Mexico as a reason, but it's not really about Mexico: it's about trying to make civilians powerless in the face of governmental control. That is why everyone must unite to make sure NO GUN RIGHTS ARE LOST. ONCE THEY ARE GONE, THEY'LL NEVER COME BACK.

I used to believe that but I have changed my mind after viewing the recent startling victories we have achieved. We are slowly winning back our 2nd amendment liberties. I will go so far as to say we will regain our full auto rights in my lifetime if we can make some other much needed social changes, such as securing our borders and deporting the illegals who are here

it's about trying to make civilians powerless in the face of governmental control. That is why everyone must unite to make sure NO GUN RIGHTS ARE LOST. ONCE THEY ARE GONE, THEY'LL NEVER COME BACK.

If enough of We the People demand it we can get back all of our gun rights. There has been an collective change towards it in the last few years I guess. Lets hope we continue to make headway.

Most people that I see oc are nice , normal folks observing their right to bear arms , the ones that concern me are the attitude ninjas that pose with their weapons trying to elicit a reaction . I think that the few who do this hurt us all and I question their motives. I guess you can't have it both ways , but it is the responsibility of all of us to do nothing to feed the fire of the anti gun crowd and their hysteria about carrying firearms. Be responsible , be a good representative of the pro gun movement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top