JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm for it. Just like I'm for flag-burning, screaming at my wife in public, flipping the finger to police officers, putting pictures of aborted fetuses on my car, and calling racial minorities ugly names.

Whenever you have a constitutional right, you should exercise it fully, even if it's useless or even counterproductive. Always. Because drawing attention to yourself trumps any considerations of civil public behavior.

Yes well I'll be ignoring any of your further posts in this thread. You have proved in the past to be nothing more then a rabble rouser and I find it to be disgusting and anoying. I further more sugest that nobody else take his bate and entertain him with a response. I can assure you that he's only here to stir the pot.

"Lo' I am become Sarcasm, destroyer of Threads!"

I'm against it. I'm also against free speech that offends me, dresses that reveal too much ankle, and people sitting at the front of the bus if they don't have my skin color.

Really? Is that your honest opinion or are you just responding to stir the pot as well?

For the record I am completely FOR open carry but as others have posted 95% of the time I choose to CC. I personally do not like to draw attention to myself most of the time. I agree that it is easier to draw and allows you to carry a larger gun while open carrying.

How many times times must the same subject come up before it is put in the never ending pointless pile.

CEF, that was a hoot! By that way, has that aborted fetus car proven any good for picking up babes?

Yes as a matter of fact.

soygreen2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am for the right (privelage?) to open carry and that is why I am against it. I feel the attention many of you speak of does not help our cause. And seeing how California is now attempting to ban open carry I believe this proves my point.

I am for the right (privelage?) to open carry and that is why I am against it. I feel the attention many of you speak of does not help our cause. And seeing how California is now attempting to ban open carry I believe this proves my point.

California is a poor example. Cali and NY have no state constitutional protection, they are truely states in their own realm. Therefore, it does not prove a point unless you chose to live in California. And California is not trying to change the law, but a very liberal legislator from San Francisco. And California is a 'may issue' state (not shall issue, like in WA and OR) with virtually no CPL/CHL license's issued.

Washington Constitution:

ARTICLE I
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1 POLITICAL POWER. All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Well, I have to agree with you on one thing. California is a poor example of just about everything. But bringing this a closer to home, Portland and a few other cities already have restrictions on open carry, unconstitutional yet we still play by their rules.

The thing I was pointing out was that the attention is not always good.

Well, I have to agree with you on one thing. California is a poor example of just about everything. But bringing this a closer to home, Portland and a few other cities already have restrictions on open carry, unconstitutional yet we still play by their rules.

The thing I was pointing out was that the attention is not always good.

Attention, this seems to be the catch....catch 22 in some cases...

Let me explain, I do not seek attention, but do seek education. However, 99.99% of the people do not see my holstered firearm when I am out and about. Personally, because my dress and behavior I gain trust in the public arena.

However, attention can also be good. I am a well dressed businessman, father, high school basketball referee, former PTA president and active in the community. I hunt but never wear camo in public. I am very seldom in a shirt without a collar.

I live in WA but have an OR CHL which 'permits' me to OC in Portland and the banned cities. I refuse to sit in the back of the bus anymore.

In my opinion it is gun owners that have allowed ourselves to be so demonized by the media and anti-gunners. That they have told us to keep it hidden when we know that an inanimate object causes no harm.

I do believe that OC is not for everyone and I respect those who understand that it is a different level of responsibility. I have choosen to take that on, to change the stereotypes that exist. I will tell you this that my dress and demeanor absolutely drive the anti-gunners nuts. I do not fit their profile.

Really? Is that your honest opinion or are you just responding to stir the pot as well?

Okay yeah, I was maybe wiggling the spoon a bit. Couldn't help myself.

Although I routinely carry concealed, I'm very much in support of open carry. However, I think of open carry as the Sales position in our "company" of firearms owners. Sales people need to be a good outward representative, well-informed about the product, good-natured, calm, mature, and respectful toward others. If you don't have these qualities, then you should work in Accounting and stay concealed.

JumpWing, I like your comment about being in the Sales position... I think that is dead on. Only thing is, the other day I was shopping for a couch and there was a mildly pushy, passive aggressive, distasteful employee really trying to make a sale... I think some people in the "sales position" are self-proclaimed salesmen, and actually do more harm then good.

I didn't buy a couch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top