JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm for anything that gets the illogical emotional party worked up.

Right now in Oregon there are very few public places that are marked no firearms. Force the OC issue with stores, malls, restaurants, and other public places and we will see them posting no firearms allowed on their property (which is their Constitutional right). In states where OC is a common practice I have found many malls and other private properties banning firearms. So would you rather have your firearm with you concealed or risk the chance that the businesses ban them due to nervous shoppers. I would rather as some have already said, "fly under the radar". It is a property rights issue also.

Signs that say "no firearms" mean nothing. The people running the business can ask you to leave if they know you are carrying a firearm. Smart business owners won't run off customers.

If the sight of a firearm makes someone nervous that is their own issue. People should learn not to fear inanimate objects. The more that people see them and learn that they aren't going to jump out of a holster and attack them the more they will learn to not fear them.

Sue happy idiots do more harm to property rights than any other group of people.

Appeasement is your choice.....

We all pick our hills to fight on. I would rather find a more important battle to wage other than something that is often considered ill mannered. We have legal CHL available, if it makes others comfortable not knowing, why not? I see nothing wrong with manners. Then again, I have nothing to prove.

The people that know me from other boards know I have quite the warped sense of humor, unfortunately it doesn't play well on a family forum. :D

I've always felt if a guy doesn't have a sense of humor he doesn't have anything. Sarcastic humor I love above all others!

A guy doesn't need a sense of humor after all we have duty, work, and responsibility. Oh yeah, I forgot beer.

The funniest thing is when I'm alone and observing my mind in action. The constant flow of insanity, fiction, remaking my past, getting accolades for so many wonderful things I will never do (both xxx rated and gp), and the extent of fame, love, and adoration that I'm completely deserving of, just about says it all. Given this rich fantasy life in union with our real lives (not that I'm complaining, ahem) I'd have to say sacasm is just about our most honest action.

We all pick our hills to fight on. I would rather find a more important battle to wage other than something that is often considered ill mannered. We have legal CHL available, if it makes others comfortable not knowing, why not? I see nothing wrong with manners. Then again, I have nothing to prove.

In response to this quote and the 'I don't think it will work as a political strategy' quoted earlier... consider this...

Last year a young man name Chris showed up at a Obama event in Arizona carrying a pistol and something else (see pic)... everyone gasped! The NRA and other's in 'favor' of gun rights didn't want to touch this issue! Many said that this is a poor political strategy, it makes others uncomfortable, it is ill mannered. If we do this they will ban all guns, they will ban open carry, they will ban concealed carry!!! These are the things all the nay sayers were typing and hollering to the open carry advocates!

By the way, Arizona's Constitution is word for word what Washington's Constitution is, why? Because they copied Washington word for word!

Last week the Governor of Arizona passed 'Constitutional Carry' elimanating the need for a government permission slip to lawfully carry a firearm in public! Either concealed or OPEN!

In any struggle for a civil right it is leaders like Chris who make this happen!

chris.jpg

chrisback.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilderness areas - open all the way.

Cities and downs: Nope. It just aggravates the anti-gun people more and might result in more legislation restricting carrying.

No need to rub people's noses in it just to assert our rights. It's just going to backfire and cause problems.

I believe if I am legal..And which I am..I shouldn't have to ask permission to carry it under my shirt. Its real stupid to me.

Bingo!! We have a winner!!

You are so right. If the bad guys DON"T have to seek permission then why should I? It's all a matter of intent. I do not intend to commit a crime with my weapon so I have to ask the government to give me a permit! That just seems so backwards.

I'm not going to get started on a rant. I need a drink. :)

Nope. It just aggravates the anti-gun people more and might result in more legislation restricting carrying.

No need to rub people's noses in it just to assert our rights. It's just going to backfire and cause problems.

What's wrong with bringing the debate out into the public? Should we all just hide and be thankful that the government (federal or state) has given us the privilege to carry concealed in some states?

I don't care if it makes some people uncomfortable--too bad! It only "looks bad" if we let/help them (the media) to spin it that way.

Just like every other group that has fought for recognition, you have to be seen and heard intelligently.

Alright, alright......... I'll go get that drink now.:D

Bottom line as we all know......it's all about control..... if the day comes and we the legal citizens can't have and or carry guns....well guess what? I will still carry and be a "criminal". I've said it before and I will say it again....i have no RESPECT for stupid laws. I make the choice to be responsible with my guns and I have the permid and the right to have guns and no one will ever take that away from me. You want my guns? Come get them..... out of my dead cold hands but you better be ready to collect the ammo first because I am gonna give it to you one at a time lol. SAWDUST, I too could go for a drink lol AMF…? Hahahaha or maybe a long island :)

FOR !!

I see a lot of CC guys posting that I don't want to tip my hand.... have some of you looked at how you dress? You wear those sporting vests, 5-11 clothing, bulky jackets. Look the way your arm swings when you walk, the way you position yourself when you get something from a shelf. You all have your "tell signs" and just don't realize it.

How to spot a hidden handgun:
http://contexts.org/graphicsociology/2009/02/19/megan-jaegerman-spotting-a-hidden-handgun/

A lot of folks have been CC'ing for so long and have become comfortable with it that no amount of persuasion will get them to do otherwise. I grew up in a OC state, Kentucky, CC was not available till 2006 (?) and when I had to CC, it was the most uncomfortable thing for me. I don't knock CC, it has its time and place but I much prefer to OC.

In response to this quote and the 'I don't think it will work as a political strategy' quoted earlier... consider this...

Last year a young man name Chris showed up at a Obama event in Arizona carrying a pistol and something else (see pic)... everyone gasped! The NRA and other's in 'favor' of gun rights didn't want to touch this issue! Many said that this is a poor political strategy, it makes others uncomfortable, it is ill mannered. If we do this they will ban all guns, they will ban open carry, they will ban concealed carry!!! These are the things all the nay sayers were typing and hollering to the open carry advocates!

By the way, Arizona's Constitution is word for word what Washington's Constitution is, why? Because they copied Washington word for word!

Last week the Governor of Arizona passed 'Constitutional Carry' elimanating the need for a government permission slip to lawfully carry a firearm in public! Either concealed or OPEN!

In any struggle for a civil right it is leaders like Chris who make this happen!

chris.jpg

chrisback.jpg

Personally I think he was a fool and don't find him a person to venerate as a civil rights leader. Not impressed with in your face politics from either side. And I am not a fan of Arizona politics anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think he was a fool and don't find him a person to venerate as a civil rights leader. Not impressed with in your face politics from either side. And I am not a fan of Arizona politics anyway.

Was the 'in your face' dumping of tea into Boston Harbor impressive?

Was the 'in your face' march by the 'Bonus Expeditionary Force' in the Depression impressive?

Was the 'in your face' protests in Selma, Alabama impressive?

I'm not content to let "Mall Ninjas" and "Suburban Tough Guys" be the only public example of gun owners. I'm also not so spineless as to let fear of association make decisions for me: "Ooh, I won't open carry because people will think I'm 'that kind' of person. Ooh, I won't buy a Glock because everyone will think I'm a koolaid drinker. Ooh, I won't like a band that's popular because everyone will think I'm a lemming who just follows the crowd."

I'm not content to let "Mall Ninjas" and "Suburban Tough Guys" be the only public example of gun owners. I'm also not so spineless as to let fear of association make decisions for me: "Ooh, I won't open carry because people will think I'm 'that kind' of person. Ooh, I won't buy a Glock because everyone will think I'm a koolaid drinker. Ooh, I won't like a band that's popular because everyone will think I'm a lemming who just follows the crowd."

Good examples of why I am not for OC. No koolaid for me, I make my choices, not bend to them or to the gun store commandos who want to show off their shiny toys.

I just had to share this with you, LOL! Why would you carry an unloaded sidearm? Only in kaliforniee, Uh yup occifer, my guns unloaded, left them there bullets at home, like to carry my gun to impress the bad guys. What the bad guys have bullets and we can't? Awww, that ain't fair.
Like the old saying goes, stupid is as stupid does.

CA Assemblywoman wants to ban open carry
In California it is legal to open carry an unloaded and holstered handgun. But that may soon be changing.

From KTVU.com:

A state assemblywoman is working to change a little known law that has triggered a good deal of controversy recently. It's California's open carry law that allows gun owners to wear a holstered handgun in public, as long as the gun is not loaded.

In the past year, there have been a rising number of so called "open carry" events in the Bay Area. At the events, large groups of people with (UNLOADED) handguns in plain view socialize at local coffee shops and restaurants. Gun owners claim they want to express their legal right to carry a gun, but the controversial gatherings have caught eye of a lawmaker looking to take that right away.

Assemblywoman Lori Saldana (D-San Diego) authored the bill that would make openly carrying a gun in a public place a misdemeanor.

"Studies have consistently shown that the presence of guns increase the risk of violence," said Saldana.

You can contact Assemblywoman Saldana via e-mail (by clicking here) or by phone at (619) 645-3090.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top