JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although I am not against it, I personally would not carry openly. Far better to keep the bad guys guessing about who is armed and who is not. Makes for a nasty surprise when someone who has been targeted as unarmed stands their ground and calmly starts cutting loose. I also don't see open carry as a means of making a statement about gun rights. You're asking for some idiot hoplophobe to report you, or some idiot cop to arrest you or write you a ticket. Want to make a statement then join the NRA, vote, and quietly keep yourself armed and ready for when the balloon goes up. Practice daily and carry concealed in condition one.

. You're asking for some idiot hoplophobe to report you, or some idiot cop to arrest you or write you a ticket.

**** man, that's a dollar word, and you're dealing with my two bit mind!

Firearms instructor and writer Colonel Jeff Cooper claimed to have coined the word in 1962 to describe a "mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons". Above definition courtesy of Wikipedia. Now please don't tell me you never heard of the Colonel?! Heaven forbid.

Sorry, let me clarify. Those that normally carry are the minority. For example, Washighton County, OR has an estimated population of 537,318, yet only 11,100 concealed handgun permits have been issued. I think we we can agree that would define a minority.

Yes, but some 6 million now have a concealed permit accross the USA, the numbers are growing.

Quite a few OPEN Carry people here today at the rally in Oly.
It was a WET, I say again, WET, good time. I got a few pics during a dry moment, I say again, MOMENT. Grrrrrr. :)
Dave

Olympia015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but some 6 million now have a concealed permit accross the USA, the numbers are growing.

With an estimated population of 300 million that is still just 2% of the population.

I guess I just don't see the logic in smacking the face of the majority of the population just to make them aware of a right we already have.

Sorry, let me clarify. Those that normally carry are the minority. For example, Washighton County, OR has an estimated population of 537,318, yet only 11,100 concealed handgun permits have been issued. I think we we can agree that would define a minority.

One in 19 WA adults have a CCL

Although I am not against it, I personally would not carry openly. Far better to keep the bad guys guessing about who is armed and who is not. Makes for a nasty surprise when someone who has been targeted as unarmed stands their ground and calmly starts cutting loose. I also don't see open carry as a means of making a statement about gun rights. You're asking for some idiot hoplophobe to report you, or some idiot cop to arrest you or write you a ticket. Want to make a statement then join the NRA, vote, and quietly keep yourself armed and ready for when the balloon goes up. Practice daily and carry concealed in condition one.

Yesterday a gang banger type critter appeared to be headed right at my wife and I as we exited our vehicle at the supermarket. I got in front of her (she carries a .357 magnum) unzipped my photojournalist vest and stared him down, apparently he got the picture and veered off at a 45 degree angle.. so it's not always the surprise but the "risk factor" and predators can sense that..

Quite a few OPEN Carry people here today at the rally in Oly.
It was a WET, I say again, WET, good time. I got a few pics during a dry moment, I say again, MOMENT. Grrrrrr. :)
Dave

Olympia015.jpg

Please PM me next time there is a rally. I am in Lacey and would love to attend !

Last edited by a moderator:
Firearms instructor and writer Colonel Jeff Cooper claimed to have coined the word in 1962 to describe a "mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons". Above definition courtesy of Wikipedia. Now please don't tell me you never heard of the Colonel?! Heaven forbid.

Just another phobia that libtards carry ;)

One in 19 WA adults have a CCL

Well instead of people setting up Open carry events why dont you set up CCW picnics... Where people provide the information, maybe have an instructor there willing to teach a class and have the public invited to it and then have them sigh up for the class or educate them on the world of CC... I know when i first heard about it i didnt know much..

I know WA doesnt require a class soo i guess this would be directed to the OR peeps... just a thought :D

I don't doubt that this would be a better society if more law abiding citizens were armed. As it is, among my leftist friends (I'm liberal, mostly) I'm seen as kind of a nut job. Being responsible and armed is the best feeling in the world, and it's too bad so many have a prejudice against it. Some kind of event to promote concealed carry sounds like a great idea.

Right now in Oregon there are very few public places that are marked no firearms. Force the OC issue with stores, malls, restaurants, and other public places and we will see them posting no firearms allowed on their property (which is their Constitutional right). In states where OC is a common practice I have found many malls and other private properties banning firearms. So would you rather have your firearm with you concealed or risk the chance that the businesses ban them due to nervous shoppers. I would rather as some have already said, "fly under the radar". It is a property rights issue also.

Yesterday a gang banger type critter appeared to be headed right at my wife and I as we exited our vehicle at the supermarket. I got in front of her (she carries a .357 magnum) unzipped my photojournalist vest and stared him down, apparently he got the picture and veered off at a 45 degree angle.. so it's not always the surprise but the "risk factor" and predators can sense that..

I know what you mean. Once when I was riding a high end motorcycle I had a couple of bangers drive by and eyeball me real hard sizing me (and my bike) up while I was waiting for the car wash to clean my ride. When they came around the second time I put my hand in my pocket (containing a Ruger SP101 2.25" .357 mag) faced them squarely and stared back at them with a "you don't want to go there" look on my face. They sought their entertainment elsewhere. Didn't have to show a gun, but they got the picture.

Another time I had an obvious banger show up on my porch at night (with 4 or 5 more in their car) supposedly looking for someone. I had the same Ruger in my hip pocket with my hand on it while I spoke with him sanding in the doorway. He didn't take his eye off my hidden arm the whole time and promptly left.

Most serious bangers are sufficiently gun savvy to tell if someone is packing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top