JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mmmm tasty...
soylent-green-wafers.jpg

Hey at least them zombies are good for something. :s0064:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm for, however I choose not to. It's nobody else's business whether or not I have one. Because, even though it's legal, and I'm within my rights, I know that there are people who will report a "man with a gun" at the drop of a hat. If you don't mind the hassle, that's entirely up to you.

Now, I was speaking of OCing in town. When I'm hiking, or fishing some little stream out in the middle of nowhere, I most certainly OC. And have a concealed BUG.

Just my opinion!

Against in most cases...but it should be our right none the less.

*edit*

As for the why? I've said this before in my other thread, most individuals aren't trained in weapons retention and like to buy a cheap Level I holster...LEOs have a manditory requirement of Level II and up (in some cases, Level III+) and train annually in weapons retention.

Some people chose to take the above comment as I am stating that some people cannot "hold their own" when this is not the case at all. Fighting and maintaining a firearm are two different animals...heck even sport fighting and "fight-for-life" fighting are two different animals as well (different subject).

Concealed carry gives you the element of surprise...something that open carry does not. Open carry opens up more problems than it solves....but it IS your constitutional right. Therefore, my opinion means jack squat.

Nevertheless, when I see people interested in firearms I will still try to educate them to assist them in buying and familiarizing them with their weapon system. Just because you go out and buy a gun and know how to shoot it, doesn't mean the learning stops there. I never stop learning about shooting, techniques, tactics and new ways of defending yourself. Carrying a firearm comes with a mindset....a defensive, survival mindset. Not an Elitist one that I see happen to so many people that carry a firearm or a badge.

I'm for people's right to choose how they carry, but I personally don't see any reason to do it myself. I'm in the process of getting a concealed carry permit for Oregon.

I'll continue.. Had to stop for wife and 3yo...

We as a nation had a right to carry firearms. It didn't say only at home or only open carry.

I disagree with many many laws that have been passed without our consent and I choose not to ask for Permission from other people in our government who decided that they wanted to make up a law that makes me ask for their permission to carry a firearm under my shirt.

Presuming they decide not to shoot you first.

To my knowledge this has never happened to a true open carrier. (not LEO or a uniformed security). I am not saying that it can not happen, but if it does the statistical relevance will be something like 0.00001%.

Those who commit crimes and those that commit murder are very different people by FBI analysis. The liklihood that someone who is bent on murder is where an open carrier is at the same time is incredibly small. However, the liklihood that the average career criminal see's an open carry individual and moves on to a less formidble opponent and crime is realistic.

Here.

Interviewing a group of prison inmates, Stossel reports, "Some maximum security felons I spoke to in New Jersey scoffed at measures like the Brady law. They said they'll have no trouble getting guns if they want them. A Justice Department study confirmed what the prisoners said. But get this: the felons say that the thing they fear the most is not the police, not time in prison, but, you, another American who might be armed."

I'M for it, but i also think you should be licensed to do so, some people should'nt have a weapon let alone be able to carry legal or not. those type are quick to pull a gun, where people like us forget we have them on us 90% of the time. (so yes but with certification:s0155:

I find it rather childish to have to show everyone how patriotic you are by "exercising" your "right" to OC. Just demonstrates how people have lost their ability to be civil and practice a little restraint. "Hey looky at me everyone here at BiMart, I gots me a gun on my hip and I'm vot'n for Sarah Palin 'cause she's hot"

I find it rather childish to have to show everyone how patriotic you are by "exercising" your "right" to OC. Just demonstrates how people have lost their ability to be civil and practice a little restraint. "Hey looky at me everyone here at BiMart, I gots me a gun on my hip and I'm vot'n for Sarah Palin 'cause she's hot"

Really!? Childish? Civil? You might want to read your own post...

Your opinion is fine. Your snide remarks are Childish and do not help to support your opinion.

Good day Sir.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads