JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FOR

I will say FOR, but I live in Skamania County and I think it is looked upon much differently than in the Portland / Vancouver area. I could walk into the Stevenson grocery store and not sweat it. I think most of the locals would not look twice except for the ones that want to check out my piece (1911). Not the time or the place. As for heading into downtown Vancouver or Portland I would not be as comfortable and choose to carry concealed. This is just what I am comfortable doing but think it is totally up the individual. I also think there is a lot to be said for the tactical advantage of carrying concealed. Surprise, Surprise!

Just my 2 cents......

FOR

I will say FOR, but I live in Skamania County and I think it is looked upon much differently than in the Portland / Vancouver area. I could walk into the Stevenson grocery store and not sweat it. I think most of the locals would not look twice except for the ones that want to check out my piece (1911). Not the time or the place. As for heading into downtown Vancouver or Portland I would not be as comfortable and choose to carry concealed. This is just what I am comfortable doing but think it is totally up the individual. I also think there is a lot to be said for the tactical advantage of carrying concealed. Surprise, Surprise!

Just my 2 cents……

FOR, and I do carry open daily as much as 90% of the time.

I carry in Seattle, Tacoma, Federal Way......that's right, downtown Seattle! With no issues other than curiousity.

I will give you this on "tactical advantage", yes you can "Surprise" the bad guy AFTER the crime has been started/committed! But the crime is now in progress. However, it is possible to DETER the crime from happening in your presence if the bad guy see's your firearm and chooses to go somewhere else.

I'm for it. Just like I'm for flag-burning, screaming at my wife in public, flipping the finger to police officers, putting pictures of aborted fetuses on my car, and calling racial minorities ugly names.

Whenever you have a constitutional right, you should exercise it fully, even if it's useless or even counterproductive. Always. Because drawing attention to yourself trumps any considerations of civil public behavior.

I'm for it. Just like I'm for flag-burning, screaming at my wife in public, flipping the finger to police officers, putting pictures of aborted fetuses on my car, and calling racial minorities ugly names.

Whenever you have a constitutional right, you should exercise it fully, even if it's useless or even counterproductive. Always. Because drawing attention to yourself trumps any considerations of civil public behavior.

Ugh! How is carrying a properly holstered handgun equivalent to the immoral, unethical and downright tawdry behavior you describe above? All but one require an action, while carrying a handgun in a holster is passive.

How is carrying openly useless? How is it counterproductive?

How is it not civil public behavior?

I will say this again, 99.99% of the people in public do not see the firearm I carry openly because my BEHAVIOR and DRESS form trust in the public setting. It is not about an inanimate object, but rather about the behavior and demeanor of the person behind the firearm.

How many times times must the same subject come up before it is put in the never ending pointless pile.

CEF, that was a hoot! By that way, has that aborted fetus car proven any good for picking up babes?

"Lo' I am become Sarcasm, destroyer of Threads!"

I'm against it. I'm also against free speech that offends me, dresses that reveal too much ankle, and people sitting at the front of the bus if they don't have my skin color.

I think there is no real need on a daily bases. But, I don't want to lose the right! I do it in the outdoors all the time. Just don't need to or want to anywhere else. I guess I'm split on it.

For it.

I usually stay concealed too though. I'm just not a big fan of drawing unnecessary attention to myself, but I strongly believe others should be able to do so if they don't mind it. I can think of a few cases where open carry might be the most practical thing to do as well.

Suppose you're out jogging or biking on a hot day? I just got my carry permit last December so this will be something I will have to experiment with soon. Are you going to wear enough clothes to cover your gun? Are you going to simply switch to a tiny .380? Too much clothes will be too hot and I prefer to carry a full size handgun. I think this coming summer I may switch to open carry when I'm out exercising.

For.

I open carry in all cases except when I have to by rules not laws, such as: I carry concealed at work and at Costco as work does not allow carry, so better to hide it and protect myself than open carry, get fired, or not carry and get killed,
BTW: before I carried I have been drawn down again by a psychotic man out of anger at the company, not me personally, but he was going to use me as the message (I was lucky to talk my way out of it though), assaulted, etc. at work, big reason in me carrying to begin with.
Or at places like Costco, who don't care about firearms, they just have a policy about visible firearms, I respect their wishes and want to keep shopping there, so I will tuck it in when I go there or other places' private property with similar rules. Otherwise, I open carry everywhere I go.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top