JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you indent text on the new version? Here it is this:

upload_2019-6-13_14-27-53.png

I'm not seeing the same on the new one. Thanks.

I'm a "New Post" type of user and went and looked at Southwest Firearms to see what it would look like. The only question I have after a bit of a look is will there be WTS/WTB type tags similar to what we have now? "WTB OR" for example? The classified ads in Southwest Firearms sort of blend in.

I'm a "New Post" type of user and went and looked at Southwest Firearms to see what it would look like. The only question I have after a bit of a look is will there be WTS/WTB type tags similar to what we have now? "WTB OR" for example? The classified ads in Southwest Firearms sort of blend in.

Great question! We won't be using thread prefixes for classifieds with V4. Instead we'll be using custom fields, which are far better as you can sort and filter to find exactly what you're looking for. For example, maybe you want a "9mm under $200 in Oregon", you can do exactly that.

If you're on a desktop or tablet click the Filters bar to open the options.

Closed

upload_2019-6-13_15-41-29.png

Open

upload_2019-6-13_15-41-50.png

If you're on mobile tap "Tap here to search and filter" to slide out the filter menu.

Closed

upload_2019-6-13_15-43-4.png

Open

upload_2019-6-13_15-43-23.png

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll just get used to looking for location information for a quick classified indicator, or learn something new like filtering. :D Other than that, looks great.

I'm looking forward to forgetting you're going to make the upgrade and check back on July 16th and go "What happened?!?!".

The other thing to note is that if you're just browsing we put the ad type, price, and location on the ad list itself.

Desktop/Tablet

upload_2019-6-13_15-52-25.png

Mobile

upload_2019-6-13_15-53-12.png

Of course we all know that advertising is the commerce upon which this all floats. And we also know that any research we do online about a ladder, an axe handle or a plasma cutter (for instance) will come back in future pop-ups whenever we go online. Kinda eerie, but a fact of life when navigating the Internet highway.

Don't get me wrong, most of the young babes that pop up here on NWFA are top-notch lookers. And I appreciate ogling appealing bimbage in snappy fashions as much as the next guy. Perhaps even more. But I have learned to position my laptop where Mrs. Teflon and my 24 yo step-daughter cannot see everything over my shoulder whenever I log on here, lest they think that's where ALL my searches go.

Dude, I get the Russian Mail Order Brides add's all over the place, and I have never once ever checked any of those sights, ( I already got my Ukrainian bride) but apparently if you use any of the comms options to call family, they some how tie that in to the brides sights! Gotta admit, some of those ladies are down right smokin!

It sucks, bring it down, bring it all down!

J/k. There was too much productive feedback happening here so I had to throw in some levity. When I sampled the SWFA site it worked fine for everything I use.

Of course we all know that advertising is the commerce upon which this all floats. And we also know that any research we do online about a ladder, an axe handle or a plasma cutter (for instance) will come back in future pop-ups whenever we go online. Kinda eerie, but a fact of life when navigating the Internet highway.

Don't get me wrong, most of the young babes that pop up here on NWFA are top-notch lookers. And I appreciate ogling appealing bimbage in snappy fashions as much as the next guy. Perhaps even more. But I have learned to position my laptop where Mrs. Teflon and my 24 yo step-daughter cannot see everything over my shoulder whenever I log on here, lest they think that's where ALL my searches go.

Dude, I get the Russian Mail Order Brides add's all over the place, and I have never once ever checked any of those sights, ( I already got my Ukrainian bride) but apparently if you use any of the comms options to call family, they some how tie that in to the brides sights! Gotta admit, some of those ladies are down right smokin!

Unfortunately most of the reputable ad networks refuse to do business with gun sites, so we get the bottom of the barrel (and they barely bring in a few hundred per month). It really makes me angry knowing that the big companies in the firearm industry advertise with companies like Google and Facebook when those same companies won't let us participate in their ad networks on the publisher end. As soon as the update work is done I'm going to work on our ad situation. For a family friendly site, the mail-order ads are unacceptable.

I say leave it alone. It's not broke, don't fix it. Like Gunbroker, they always try to make it better, but just make it worse. My .02

Unfortunately, that's not an option. Below is an excerpt from the fundraiser we had this past March. Some sites are willing to run outdated software and gamble with their user data, we won't ;)

For the past two years we've been working on a major upgrade for our community, Northwest Firearms Version 4. This upgrade has undoubtedly been the single largest expense of both time and money that we have ever incurred. While most people are happy with the way the site works now, the current version of our software will be unsupported by the developer as of May 31, 2019, leaving us open to hackers, scammers, and others hostile to our community. Our choice was to either upgrade to the latest version of the software or risk compromising both the security of the website and the personal information of our members. Though it's a huge endeavor, the choice was clear.

Unfortunately most of the reputable ad networks refuse to do business with gun sites, so we get the bottom of the barrel (and they barely bring in a few hundred per month). It really makes me angry knowing that the big companies in the firearm industry advertise with companies like Google and Facebook when those same companies won't let us participate in their ad networks on the publisher end. As soon as the update work is done I'm going to work on our ad situation. For a family friendly site, the mail-order ads are unacceptable.

Unfortunately, that's not an option. Below is an excerpt from the fundraiser we had this past March. Some sites are willing to run outdated software and gamble with their user data, we won't ;)

Totally understand. Like I said, some of them are very cute. I'm just careful where I'm sitting in the house when I log on.

Anyone can complain. Personally, I think it's a great site and you're doing a fine job of running it!

I like the Xenforo software and V4 is not a huge change.

For members who haven't used Xenforo V4 it might take a bit of getting used to but with some exploring you'll find it is a good forum platform.

Looking forward to the upgrade!

www.vaguntrader.com

I am a member on this site, Virginia Gun Trader. I used this site for several years prior to moving to this area. Honestly I liked the layout and function of their forum format. It is pretty basic but it gets the job done. Maybe it's just me because I used that site a lot and familiar with it versus this site. I liked the live shout box the most. You should add that feature. Still like this site and glad it exists!

Looks good to me. I do not see Curio and Relic Classifieds. Did SW ever have that category? Its one of my favorite. Hope to see it here in the new version.

SWFA doesn't have a C&R classified section yet, but it will eventually. We're keeping the categories to a minimum until the site gets larger :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top