JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Edit: We've set a date and time for the upgrade, Monday, July 15th @ 3AM - View the announcement here

As some of you have heard, we've been working on the new version of Northwest Firearms for almost two years now. We're getting to the home stretch, meaning we're ready to hear your thoughts and opinions!

I spent a week preparing a beta site for testing and feedback purposes before getting tired of performing every task in triplicate (dev site, NWFA beta, SWFA beta). Because it's much smaller, I decided to focus on upgrading the live Southwest Firearms site first and direct NWFA folks there for testing and evaluation. While there were some hiccups, I'm happy to report that upgrade is now complete.

Southwest Firearms Forum - Arizona, Nevada, and Utah Gun Owners

Feel free to head over there, take a look, and report back in this thread. Keep in mind that is the color scheme for Southwest Firearms, we'll be keeping the gray, black, and red for Northwest Firearms.

Those with an account can log in using their existing information, those without can register if you'd like. I'll let you hunt for the new features (and bugs!) on your own for now, but I highly recommend you check out the new classified filters (above the thread list on desktop/tablet and using the 'filter' button on mobile). I'll note that just because this is live on SWFA that does not mean it isn't a very early beta. Things can and will change, so if you really like or hate something please be sure to let us know!

The @Moderators and I are happy to answer any questions you might have.

Last Edited:
Tags
In the current version a short 2 letter tag is not allowed. CA
for example. These postal abbreviations should be white-listed.

Tags in replies, not just the thread starter, would be desirable.

Tags
In the current version a short 2 letter tag is not allowed. CA
for example. These postal abbreviations should be white-listed.

Tags in replies, not just the thread starter, would be desirable.

The reason short tags aren't used is because they're a huge drain on server resources. I'll keep this in mind though :)

I'm a little surprised (and worried) by the lack of feedback here!

Now's the time (during development) to share your thoughts and opinions. The further along we get the more difficult it becomes to make changes :)

why does everyone think things need to be all bubbly and stuff. if it isn't broke don't fix it

The quote below is from the Spring Fundraiser conversation which I sent to all of our members.

While most people are happy with the way the site works now, the current version of our software will be unsupported by the developer as of May 31, 2019, leaving us open to hackers, scammers, and others hostile to our community. Our choice was to either upgrade to the latest version of the software or risk compromising both the security of the website and the personal information of our members. Though it's a huge endeavor, the choice was clear.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top