JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's hard to believe that it was this day thirteen years ago which I decided to roll the dice on starting a local community for gun owners. You wouldn't believe how many people told me it'd never work, and I almost let them talk me out of it. For better and worse, my life has been completely different due to this one decision. Some people never find their passion in life and work on something they believe truly matters. I feel like mine came early, and for that I'm grateful.

A huge thank you to our members for making this place what it is! We wouldn't be here without you guys.
Here's to 13 more! :s0090:

I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for this site. Prolly get a lot more done around the house... :oops:

Thanks, Joe, for making this site and all you do!

Wow, 13 years…. And it's still growing, that's awesome. Only forum I'm involved with on-line. It's a great community of gun owners and firearms enthusiasts. A great family, brothers and sisters in arms. Thank you @Joe Link for creating and maintaining this awesome community.

And I agree, the wife can't know how much this site has caused me to spend over the 5-6 years I've been here.
:eek:

I'm amazed at how many others besides myself apparently have this as the only forum they participate in.

13 years, huh? I wouldn't have had any idea when it got off the ground. I wasn't a member when it started. The gun board that I used to participate in fairly regularly just kind of withered away. It started with a basis that revolved around a certain firearm, then expanded some but never had the relative universality of NWFA. It's really dead and buried deep now; last time I looked, there hadn't been a single post there for several years. The members all drifted away as I did. They're even gone from my desktop now. So I decided to look for a new home for this interest.

I can't recall how long I've been a member here, several years, I'd guess. Nor do I recall how I found my way here, but by accident because I don't remember anyone recommending it to me.

This is the only forum I participate in now. I have memberships in a few others but go to them very rarely. I'm still a member at the CMP forum, don't visit there often now and it's extremely rare for me to post. I think I just tired of all the piddly-bubblegum, tiny detail in some of the discussions. I just couldn't muster all that much focus on every little drawing number, force-matching parts in guns to enhance (bogus) originality, etc. It's a great forum, I decided to spend any gun social media time on less specialization and more on general discussion.

To some extent, NWFA has replaced my active Wash. Arms Collectors membership. That whole experience took a different turn. Anyway, it's lots easier to visit NWFA than to drive down to Puke-it-all-up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top