JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're getting closer!

Since posting this thread we've put in several hundred hours of additional development time, particularly on the classifieds and reviews section.

Thoughts, ideas, comments, etc are greatly appreciated (positive or negative) :)

I have been digging changes in the adds, and see there are new tools sellers can use which should make our jobs easier! Plus, its a lot easier to find items during a search with out having to wade through all the adds in that section! Nice!:)

Not being a computer person, I thought this one was one of the best. However, as long as it's kept simple but informative any change is a good one when it comes to security. Like all things specific, there comes with it haters who enjoy damaging for any and all. I'm not sure there is a cure for it, but given the best possible is likely all that can be done:D. Thank you for all your efforts. I know it had to be exhausting, just as the battle for 2nd Amendment rights that seems to be more intense than easing up. I haven't checked the new works yet, but I just wanted to take time first to give a heart felt thanks for all that you do!

In the template under the classifieds you currently have:

Ad Type:
Price:
Manufacturer:
Caliber:
City:
State:

I would love to see you add a few more items on here:

Who is paying the transfer costs: Buyer or Seller

Extras: This could be magazines, grips, sling, etc just a spot to add these types of items so that they don't have to be asked via posting or PM and wait hours or days for an answer.

Willing to ship----Yes or No

Shipping Cost: Included in posted price or At Buyers expense

Just a few items to make it easier and eliminate having to ask either in the open forum or via PM, then wait around hours or days for a reply. I would love to see it mandatory that each of these items is required to be filled in before it can actually be posted. :s0053:

In the template under the classifieds you currently have:

Ad Type:
Price:
Manufacturer:
Caliber:
City:
State:

I would love to see you add a few more items on here:

Who is paying the transfer costs: Buyer or Seller

Extras: This could be magazines, grips, sling, etc just a spot to add these types of items so that they don't have to be asked via posting or PM and wait hours or days for an answer.

Willing to ship----Yes or No

Shipping Cost: Included in posted price or At Buyers expense

Just a few items to make it easier and eliminate having to ask either in the open forum or via PM, then wait around hours or days for a reply. I would love to see it mandatory that each of these items is required to be filled in before it can actually be posted. :s0053:

The problem is: all that should be listed in the add body its self, not as part of the listing headder! Otherwise, whats the point of having a add if all the details are part of the search hedder.
As Joe has it set up, the basic search features are enough to enable a more searchable prosess, reather then having to wade through through all the adds in that section!

Appriciate the imput, after all, this is FOR THE MEMBERS!:)

I didn't want to come right out and say it, but the simple fact is that a large part of the population has no idea how to write a classified add. I was not even thinking about the search functions. I just figured the more info we can extract from a seller right up front, we may not need to ask questions. I simply like to get all the info in a single post so I don't have to wait hours or days for a reply, which sometime just brings up another question, which may require hours or days for an answer.

As some of you have heard, we've been working on the new version of Northwest Firearms for almost two years now. We're getting to the home stretch, meaning we're ready to hear your thoughts and opinions!

I spent a week preparing a beta site for testing and feedback purposes before getting tired of performing every task in triplicate (dev site, NWFA beta, SWFA beta). Because it's much smaller, I decided to focus on upgrading the live Southwest Firearms site first and direct NWFA folks there for testing and evaluation. While there were some hiccups, I'm happy to report that upgrade is now complete.

Southwest Firearms Forum - Arizona, Nevada, and Utah Gun Owners

Feel free to head over there, take a look, and report back in this thread. Keep in mind that is the color scheme for Southwest Firearms, we'll be keeping the gray, black, and red for Northwest Firearms.

Those with an account can log in using their existing information, those without can register if you'd like. I'll let you hunt for the new features (and bugs!) on your own for now, but I highly recommend you check out the new classified filters (above the thread list on desktop/tablet and using the 'filter' button on mobile). I'll note that just because this is live on SWFA that does not mean it isn't a very early beta. Things can and will change, so if you really like or hate something please be sure to let us know!

The @Moderators and I are happy to answer any questions you might have.

Wow, are all those Dashboard categories going to be available on the NW version?

Nice, and very easy to get through with this format. It covers just about anything that I could want. In a way it's kind of refreshing to have coverage for an area but still have it open for those interested. Not related to the shooting sports, I know of one other organization that is set up on a National level and broken down into regional, and from there into a state. Very easy to find the area of interest if it happens to be area interest that can effect other areas. Very outstanding job Joe!

Quick update :)

Things have been moving along steadily for the past couple months, we're where we want to be and I'm getting excited for the upgrade! As much as I'd like to hammer down a timeline, it's still up in the air at this point. The upgrade itself is a couple days of work (hoping for only a few hours of downtime though). The part that takes planning is everything that happens after the upgrade (questions, training, unexpected bugs, etc). My plan is to take as much time off as possible so I'll have a clear schedule. If I had to guess I'd say we're on track for just after July 4th :s0155:

If any of you have a bit of free time and want to help ensure this upgrade goes as smooth as possible, we still need A LOT of beta testing. Very few people have volunteered to provide feedback and look for issues, and it's going to take much longer to resolve them after the upgrade than if we catch them before. If you're interested check out the first post in this thread and send me a message if you have any questions :s0090:

Timer request.

When a post is made there is a timer before another post can be made. This include "reporting posts"
Can that timer be made visible, or can the "post" button be greyed out until the timer reaches zero?

Timer request.

When a post is made there is a timer before another post can be made. This include "reporting posts"
Can that timer be made visible, or can the "post" button be greyed out until the timer reaches zero?

I'm not sure why we'd want to do this, to limit peoples posting?

I have a new feature sneak preview for you guys, this is too cool to not share it :D

upload_2019-6-5_11-44-31.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top