JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I check mine like once every few years, so yea, I guess I was ignoring folks, and @CountryGent, happy holidays to you too Brother, only two years late!:s0140:

Haha, no worries. That is actually what I use the feature for; something so short a PM really isn't in order. Could be wishing happy holidays, saying hello to a new member, saying something to my better half, a quick thank you to someone who helped me with research, etc. Not a big loss if it went away, but I did use it at times.

Actually, it's not the "Profile Posts" I use, its the other features under the Members Profile I use, I can search quickly and more accurately for their content and see what mischief they might have been up to!

Me too. Joe responded....

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Just to be clear, this is only the "Profile Posts" page on the profile, not the profile itself :)

Less is more IMO. I would axe it. I didn't even know it existed.
66FF2038-EE5D-4210-901E-3970B91596E3.jpeg

Remove it.

As another member said, use the KISS method.

I have my settings set to letting a member send me a private message.

I have the other stuff set on OFF. I think that is what you are talking about here if someone sends you a public message. Pardon my denseness in the matter. LOL

The LESS that is like FAKEBOOK - the better that I like a place.

I never had a Fakebook account and I do not plan on making one.

Thank you.

Cate

Last Edited:
Woah, Woah.
Moderators here seem to be in the minority toward keeping it, advising they use it. As a person who was offered that position at one point (politely declining),
I'd like a brief window on that process... if that wouldn't be too much trouble. Let 'em make their case.

I agree with this.

If a moderator needs to send someone a quick message - let them PM the member or another moderator.

It does not or should not take any longer to do this but I could be wrong. I am no computer whiz.

It reminds me of people who say that they TEXT each other instead of just picking up a telephone and calling the person or leaving a message on their answering machine or voice mail.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads