JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an effort to save server resources and speed up the responsiveness of the site we've installed an add-on this afternoon that will now lazy load images. In a nutshell, this means that images won't load until they're needed, which should increase page speeds. This saves resources by not loading images that there's a chance you'll never see. For example, say you view the first post of a thread which has images toward the bottom, but you click away before scrolling down. Before, those images would be loaded regardless of whether you scroll down to view them. Now they load once you scroll down, so if you don't scroll down the server doesn't have to load those images.

The images should load just before they come into view. If you spin your mouse wheel Price is Right style you'll probably see a delay, but I don't imagine people actually do that in a normal usage scenario. Click through a few pages of the Show Your Guns thread to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

The reason I'm posting a feedback request thread is because I value your user experience above all else. If we can avoid a server upgrade by finding efficiencies I'd rather do that, but not at the expense of our members. Some of you might not notice a difference, some of you might run into major issues. Either way, I'd like to hear your opinions :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top