JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's hard to believe that it was this day thirteen years ago which I decided to roll the dice on starting a local community for gun owners. You wouldn't believe how many people told me it'd never work, and I almost let them talk me out of it. For better and worse, my life has been completely different due to this one decision. Some people never find their passion in life and work on something they believe truly matters. I feel like mine came early, and for that I'm grateful.

A huge thank you to our members for making this place what it is! We wouldn't be here without you guys.
Here's to 13 more! :s0090:
Thank you to you, Joe, for all your hard work. Happy Annaversary.

Huzzah! I have much reason for celebration in addition to NWFA. 13 years ago this month, I began chemotherapy against what would end up being three simultaneous cancers. A triple crown in bizarro world. And 6 years ago July, I began life as a chimera with two separate DNAs.

Huzzah! I have much reason for celebration in addition to NWFA. 13 years ago this month, I began chemotherapy against what would end up being three simultaneous cancers. A triple crown in bizarro world. And 6 years ago July, I began life as a chimera with two separate DNAs.
Please elaborate on your last statement….

Please elaborate on your last statement….
Long story medium: Started off with an unidentifed sub-type of peripheral T-Cell non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Stage IV. 50+ tumors. Two relapses. At second relapse, it was at stage IV again, two dozen tumors, but it had also mutated into two distinct types of lymphoma: the original plus a type known as Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. From 7 years of constant treatment, I also developed Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), a bone marrow cancer and precursor to Acute Myeloid Leukemia. All three simultaneously in 2014-2015. Having no further drugs available, I underwent a haploidentical (5/10 match) stem cell transplant, similar to a bone marrow transplant. That involved high-dose chemo (about 10-15X dosage) over a short period, plus total body irradiation to kill my defective marrow. I was at that point living on transfusions. I received my son's stem cells, which engrafted in my marrow and completely replaced my immune system with his, and changed my blood type to his. Thus, I have 2 distinct sets of DNA in my body. Easy? No, but that is the cost of living.

Oh. My. God.. Wow, what a story.
Great to hear that you're a survivor.

My older sister died of AML (Acute Myelogenous Leukemia - that's what they called it back then).
She was only 32, back in 1988. It was really rapid.
Took all of 6 months from onset to death.

I was in my finals week of my senior year at university.
It was she who interceded with my dad to help me get back in school while he and I were somewhat estranged.
She knew I was going to graduate, but there was no happiness at the end of finals week...

Last Edited:
Long story medium: Started off with an unidentifed sub-type of peripheral T-Cell non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Stage IV. 50+ tumors. Two relapses. At second relapse, it was at stage IV again, two dozen tumors, but it had also mutated into two distinct types of lymphoma: the original plus a type known as Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. From 7 years of constant treatment, I also developed Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), a bone marrow cancer and precursor to Acute Myeloid Leukemia. All three simultaneously in 2014-2015. Having no further drugs available, I underwent a haploidentical (5/10 match) stem cell transplant, similar to a bone marrow transplant. That involved high-dose chemo (about 10-15X dosage) over a short period, plus total body irradiation to kill my defective marrow. I was at that point living on transfusions. I received my son's stem cells, which engrafted in my marrow and completely replaced my immune system with his, and changed my blood type to his. Thus, I have 2 distinct sets of DNA in my body. Easy? No, but that is the cost of living.
SURVIVOR!! :s0152:

Thanks for sharing friend.

A big thanks for creating this site and all your hard work keeping it going. Even tho i don"t talk allot I do come here allot and read what people are saying.

THANKS

Wow, that is quite the ordeal you went thru. I'm glad that your son's stem cells were able to graft with your bone marrow and give you a new lease on life!!! 👍

As others have noted, this is one of two forums that I have daily contact with. The other is specialized to hunting in Africa. Both offer the same generally congenial members and postings. Sometimes things get a little out of hand on both sites, but it never gets truly stupid..

Thanks for the site Joe and congratulations on 13 fine years!

Congrats Joe! I still recall the day when you mentioned that you were leaving the pyro fold to pursue this endeavor. At the time I wasn't sure why you would want to do this but I sure am glad that you followed through on your decision!

If you ever want to smell the smoke again, the club holds an annual event where both fireworks AND firearms are enjoyed.

Thumper.

I found this place around ten years ago before we moved to Oregon and signed up to get the scoop on laws and the 2A community.
Face to face transfers were legal and my C&R license was valid when we got here but not anymore and now Oregon is burning and turning into Kalifornia.

There's an NWFA fundraiser going on right now as well and if you haven't joined or kicked in some money, please consider doing so. We members are responsible to keep things going.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top