JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A person describes his experience in trying to purchase a gun for the first time in Portland.

Coronavirus Lockdown! Now It Gets Tough
Relevant part starts at 12 minutes in

Last Edited:
I don't have an hour to sit through that. Can you give just give us the Cliff Notes?

I provided a link to the directly relevant part of the interview so you don't have to listen to an entire hour. Request denied.
Dang! I feel like I just came out of the ring of a WWE SmackDown event... o_O

I didn't see a link other than to a video that indicates that it lasts for an hour.
Not trying to be snarky, but what arrow, link, etc. am I not clicking correctly?

I don't have an hour to sit through that. Can you give just give us the Cliff Notes?
I didn't see a link other than to a video that indicates that it lasts for an hour.
Not trying to be snarky, but what arrow, link, etc. am I not clicking correctly?

I made an error, the link goes directly to the beginning if you are watching for the first time. Go to the part that starts 12 minutes into the interview.

I made an error, the link goes directly to the beginning if you are watching for the first time. Go to the part that starts 12 minutes into the interview.
Thanks! That's the info that I was looking for. We're all good! :s0080:

Hhhhmmm, I started at 12 minutes and listened for 5.

Utterly boring listening to middle age guys whine like they're unique..ugh.

Last Edited:
Hhhhmmm, I started at 12 minutes and listened for 5.

Utterly boring listening to middle age guys whine like they're unique..ugh.
I started in at 12 minutes and listened for about a minute or two. Closed out once the first guy was done talking about gun stores and the video started switching back and forth between the two different middle-aged guys whining with each other.

I started in at 12 minutes and listened for about a minute or two. Closed out once the first guy was done talking about gun stores and the video started switching back and forth between the two different middle-aged guys whining with each other.

There was something instructive in this video, which is - a first time buyer got frustrated by other first time buyers who all assumed that they other first time buyers didn't exist and wouldn't compete for the same resources all at the same time. Lesson: don't wait until the crises hits before you prepare. (But most people here already know that)

There was something instructive in this video, which is - a first time buyer got frustrated by other first time buyers who all assumed that they other first time buyers didn't exist and wouldn't compete for the same resources all at the same time. Lesson: don't wait until the crises hits before you prepare. (But most people here already know that)

He said he is not a gun guy so I am has been taught the basics on how to handle gun even? I cannot find any sympathy for him or others about not needing a gun. It takes many range sessions and some training to actually use a firearm effectively.

You need to go to shooting once a month or more so don't loose your edge. Dry firing, malfunction drills, dummy rounds loaded with live rounds so you practice clearing a dud round. Probably cannot do that in indoor ranges but you can outdoors in outdoor shooting areas.

I wear a side all of the time when I am at home. I don't things are that bad yet, but I have AR sitting next to me when I am at home now.

I also told my GF cook during the daytime and then heat up the food in the microwave oven. We don't have any window shades on the kitchen window, so no sense showing that food is prepared at our home at night.

Last Edited:
What are all these new gun owners going to do with no ammo? Like most here who have seen multiple outages occur over the years: I'm well stocked. OK, way overstocked is more like it. I was feeling pretty damned cocky about that too until just the other day I saw my wife looking around for a new house. Thinking that moving the amount of ammo I own will be difficult, slow and painful. Be better to sell most of it off and buy more when she figures out where we're moving to.

Some of the 5.56
Ammo-in-Sentinal-safe.jpg

Last Edited:
"You can never have too much ammo... unless you're drowning..."
Unknown

Hey Sobo, good looking safe. I bought some of these for my pistols when I ran out of room in my gun safe: I'm pretty happy. The only issue is putting in and out can bang a pistol if you're not careful. So for those too costly to bang pistols I wrap them in a silicone gun rag. There use to be a Sobo poster on Cascadeclimbers.

?
accessories-snapsafe-8-gun-pistol-rack-1_large.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top