JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
California, New York and Washington saw gun sales surge due to coronavirus

How many of these would-be buyers are tied up in red tape due to their own votes for anti-gun initiatives? If I was a dealer I would create three lanes at the cash register 1) "If you voted for anti-gun initiatives pay here"; 2) "If you didn't vote, pay here"; 3) "If you voted against anti-gun initiatives pay here".

Might work well for me. Have a couple guns I would love to sell but it's such a hassle unless you want to almost give them away. If we do get another good panic shortage may have to take a couple to the shop to toss up. The one 9mm PCC I could even toss in a few boxes of ammo if it dries up :D

See i bought my lowers prior. Now its just been completing them. Unfortunately i chose a company that is notoriously out of stock and i dont see that getting better lmao

See i bought my lowers prior. Now its just been completing them. Unfortunately i chose a company that is notoriously out of stock and i dont see that getting better lmao

Don't tell us............ PSA???

The only other one I know that is always out is Hardened Arms in the San Juans. But it only takes 2wks for them to build me an upper.

I have a few I could let go of if the price is right. And the right price is determined Rick Grimes-style:

1) How many articles from The Trace have you copied and posted to Facebook? Twitter? Instagram?

2) How many cases of toilet paper did you buy back in March of 2020?

The answers determine my gouging... uh, I mean going rate.
Everyone I care about is already armed.

It's rather amazing by 2020 that people aren't already armed to the teeth and quite comfortable with what they own.

I wonder if these buyers are "I don't believe in owning guns" type that have suddenly changed their mind.

I was in BiMart this afternoon and there was a good dozen people around the gun counter. Lucky for me I had the beer shelves all to myself.:D

It's rather amazing by 2020 that people aren't already armed to the teeth and quite comfortable with what they own.

I wonder if these buyers are "I don't believe in owning guns" type that have suddenly changed their mind.
Remember LA and the King riots? Heston said several people he knew who lived in the "high end" called him. They were getting scared. Wanted to know if he could "loan then" a gun. He said you have money, go buy one. They said "but there is a long wait to get one". He said didn't you support that? :s0140:

Saw this comment on OFF's FB page:
I was at Bi mart and Costal yesterday and I cant belive the ammount of people who have no clue what they are doing buying firearms. A clerk asked a guy what could he help him with and the guy says I would like to buy a gun. Clerk ask well what is it your looking for guys goes well anything i guess that shoots a bullet.

Am I correct that the current gun buyers are the uninformed, naive, likely metro Portland, fancy pants, bata males or naive anti-establishment fashionable woman and or pro the brown stain? To anyone's knowledge is there a frequency of established, knowledgeable and gun sports minded poeple buying guns in numbers?

My liberal buddy just bought a Glock 17 because of the current madness.

We live in the the land of the free, I hope those that voted against freedom finally become cognizant of what their votes have actually done.

Wake up America. Damn fools...

I like having my guns and the skill in which to use them well...Its also comforting having the wisdom of experience to help guide me times like these.

Not that I am overly worried 'bout anything...just as I said comforting in knowing what I have , in both items owned and knowledge of myself.
Andy

Backing up the question, but are there large number of people like us out there buying up guns in numbers? Or, are those panic types the first time buyers?

If there are panic buyers...
I hope that they understand that it takes more than just pulling the trigger , in order to shoot a firearm effectively.
Having a firearm is important....
Having the skill , the willingness to use that skill and the wisdom to use it effectively is just as important.
Andy

If there are panic buyers...
I hope that they understand that it takes more than just pulling the trigger , in order to shoot a firearm effectively.
Having a firearm is important....
Having the skill , the willingness to use that skill and the wisdom to use it effectively is just as important.
Andy
The high treason day on the big island is a popular day to go shooting. Everybody goes to the public range. I watched a guy in camo decked out as a mall ninja walk up to an IPSC target and unload all ten rounds and miss each shot from maybe three yards. I'm not usually one to judge, but I guess it was the mall ninja getup that got to me. I don't like shooting on high treason day here due to the mall ninjas...

*Edit* it was a full sized pistol BTW

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class