JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sidebar on this: I've got a buddy who is a rep in the Portland area for a distributor. Their warehouse is stocked and trucks are delivering. Problem is, bars and restaurants are closed or have gone take-out only with drastically limited menu items. He has the product and means he of delivery but no buyers.
If you are having trouble getting staples and know someone in the bar or restaurant world, this could be another resource.
Why not deliver it to local hospital cafeterias? What extras can be given to healthcare workers to take home. Many are working OT and can't get to stores before closing if there anything at all (dry goods).

Why not deliver it to local hospital cafeterias? What extras can be given to healthcare workers to take home. Many are working OT and can't get to stores before closing if there anything at all (dry goods).

The food and dry goods panic is finally coming to a close around me. I figured it would not take too long for the lemming to realize the food supply was not coming to a damn end. Stopped at a Grocery store after work this morning. It had just opened and normally only a few will be there then and it was more like an afternoon crowd. They had TP and paper towels on the shelves. People had not grabbed every roll. I went looking for some gravy mix for breakfast. They had a whole section of it along with flour and sugar again. Canned stuff has empty spots on the shelf but there was a huge selection again. So between people having no more room to horde and people seeing it's not the end of the food, people can buy stuff again. Now of course ammo does not come out as fast as food so that's going to feed on it's self for some time to come.

The food and dry goods panic is finally coming to a close around me. I figured it would not take too long for the lemming to realize the food supply was not coming to a damn end. Stopped at a Grocery store after work this morning. It had just opened and normally only a few will be there then and it was more like an afternoon crowd. They had TP and paper towels on the shelves. People had not grabbed every roll. I went looking for some gravy mix for breakfast. They had a whole section of it along with flour and sugar again. Canned stuff has empty spots on the shelf but there was a huge selection again. So between people having no more room to horde and people seeing it's not the end of the food, people can buy stuff again. Now of course ammo does not come out as fast as food so that's going to feed on it's self for some time to come.

Not here. We are a couple of weeks behind you . Costco has set up barricades with workers with bullhorns telling people to stay 6 feet apart and they are enforcing a few hundred people in the store. I did manage to get chicken today but toilet paper is non existent. On the bright side I have 7 thousand rounds of 9mm and enough .223 to equip my own squad for a 3 month battle.

On the other bright side gas is a buck fifty a gallon.

Last Edited:
Not here. We are a couple of weeks behind you . Costco has set up barricades with workers with bullhorns telling people to stay 6 feet apart and they are enforcing a few hundred people in the store. I did manage to get chicken today but toilet paper is non existent. On the bright side I have 7 thousand rounds of 9mm and enough .223 to equip my own squad for a 3 month battle.
Places like Costco and Wally will be a little slower. Those were the first places to sell out. If you need something just go to the normal stores. They are not as cheap of course but they will have stuff. Lot of Costco sales have long been businesses too. Hell of a lot of them are shuttered right now. Lot of restaurants had to close. Not enough orders to make it worth staying open. So even the warehouse will have it again soon. When enough people have every spare bit of space filled with it. I LOVED how Costco has told these fools that they CAN NOT bring the TP back. So it a week or so when the shelves are full I hope they enjoy the room in their house stacked to the ceiling with it. :s0140:

Places like Costco and Wally will be a little slower. Those were the first places to sell out. If you need something just go to the normal stores. They are not as cheap of course but they will have stuff. Lot of Costco sales have long been businesses too. Hell of a lot of them are shuttered right now. Lot of restaurants had to close. Not enough orders to make it worth staying open. So even the warehouse will have it again soon. When enough people have every spare bit of space filled with it. I LOVED how Costco has told these fools that they CAN NOT bring the TP back. So it a week or so when the shelves are full I hope they enjoy the room in their house stacked to the ceiling with it. :s0140:

Yeah my wife thinks I'm an idiot. Nothing new there. Why do we need 100 lbs of rice and 6 cases of beer? OK. Its better to not need it and have it than to need it and not not have it. I am guessing I will at some point use the toilet paper I bought just before it got bad and I know the beer isnt going to be around long enough spoil. I saw what was happening on the West Coast and stocked up in time. Luckily I got a big bonus a few months back and loaded up on ammo.

No toilet paper anywhere in any store. And chicken is as rare as hens teeth in the same chickens.

Last Edited:
Yeah my wife thinks I'm an idiot. Nothing new there. Why do we need 100 lbs of rice and 6 cases of beer? OK. Its better to not need it and have it than to need it and not not have it. I am guessing I will at some point use the toilet paper I bought just before it got bad and I know the beer isnt going to be around long enough spoil. I saw what was happening on the West Coast and stocked up in time. Luckily I got a big bonus a few months back and loaded up on ammo.

No toilet paper anywhere in any store. And chicken is as rare as hens teeth in the same chickens.
I am sure the slaughter houses are going like a mad man to fill the line again. Wife went out to get Parents stuff. On way home she bought a double burger and split it with me. She said the place was a mad house. After I ate part of half of one I could see why I stopped buying the stuff. We keep some of those pre made frozen patties. Cook one now and then. That one from the burger joint was horrible. Of course the store is out of the frozen ones for a day or so. By a couple more days no one will have any more room to jam any more in their freezer and they too will be back. Wonder how many appliance stores had a run on freezers? :D What we need now is a good storm here to knock out the power. It would be fun watching people fighting over a few generators to keep all that frozen food they bought. :s0140:

Just went to AmmoSeek. It took three tries to get on the site due to the system being overloaded with people looking for ammo. I checked prices on Federal HST ammo, one of my favorites. It is up to $36 for 50. I am used to buying it for less than $25 and usually $19.99. You just need to know where to look for it. My usual vendor is out of HST's in 9 mm. Federal Hi-Shocks are $19.99. Every box is at least $5 - $10 more than usual.

I went to our local market yesterday because I ran out of A-1 Sauce. Saw this in the bread isle.

Apparently there has been alot of miraculous recoveries from gluten intolerance.

20200322_094300.jpg

Our local grocery store, which is the only one we have, enacted a policy of sales to local residents only last week.

People from Hillsboro and Portland were driving to Vernonia and threatening to wipe out the stock on hand. This store only gets limited delivery to begin with so it was a issue.

-E-

I just left Wal-Mart in post falls idaho.as far as ammo, some assorted rifle ammo, few 20, 12 gauge.
I bought the last 2 boxes of cci cb 22 short. The only 22 they had

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top