JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just saw a video on Facebook from Spartan Arms in Las Vegas. They're essentially sold out of everything. I think they have 3 revolvers and a few .22 rifles. Not much else. The person on the video said something to the effect of "This isn't normal."

Glad to see a business doing well, but I'm concerned about what could happen to society if this thing drags on for awhile.

I can't figure out how to share that video from Facebook. Maybe someone here knows how to do that.

Yes. Noticed that TargetSports is out of cci standard velocity. My membership is coming to an end too...oh well.
Yes, and their prices have gone up too by $100 more for 5,000 rounds than previously priced. I see price gouging on a lot of the sites.

Because my family in California is telling me that they're having a hard time finding rice, beans, flour, and other dry goods - I started searching on google for sellers (especially bulk sellers) of those items. A lot of the sites I visited said "not available", "backordered", and such.

I found a few items that are priced ridiculously high. Rice from one seller is $15 a pound.

One of the sellers I looked into says "out of stock" on everything I was looking for - but they also claim to have warehouses scattered around the country. I plan to call them in the morning, to see what they can/will tell me about the flow of goods across the USA. I'll post their answer here if I can.

I'm wondering if the spree of panic-buying all of the toilet paper is being repeated now with rice, beans, and such.

Because my family in California is telling me that they're having a hard time finding rice, beans, flour, and other dry goods - I started searching on google for sellers (especially bulk sellers) of those items. A lot of the sites I visited said "not available", "backordered", and such.

I found a few items that are priced ridiculously high. Rice from one seller is $15 a pound.

One of the sellers I looked into says "out of stock" on everything I was looking for - but they also claim to have warehouses scattered around the country. I plan to call them in the morning, to see what they can/will tell me about the flow of goods across the USA. I'll post their answer here if I can.

I'm wondering if the spree of panic-buying all of the toilet paper is being repeated now with rice, beans, and such.
Rice and beans were snatched up a week ago at many places. One Safeway in PDX area supposedly has been doing $150,000 to $200,000 in daily store sales. Normal sales in that store is $50,000 to $80,000.

When shelter in place shutdowns are occurring more often and food supply chain workers are getting sick and quarantined, food supplies in general are going to get squeezed. Stock up while the getting is good. People are going to have little else to do but shop for food during shelter in place order.

This is going to start happening everywhere:

Rice and beans were snatched up a week ago at many places. One Safeway in PDX area supposedly has been doing $150,000 to $200,000 in daily store sales. Normal sales in that store is $50,000 to $80,000.

When shelter in place shutdowns are occurring more often and food supply chain workers are getting sick and quarantined, food supplies in general are going to get squeezed. Stock up while the getting is good. People are going to have little else to do but shop for food during shelter in place order.

Bringing that up tonight when the gf got home from work she made mention that the morale of the cashier at winco is basically akin to being front line infantry in the trenches. The neighbor near me says he may end up staying home now since he heard a freddies employee got it, he himself works at freddies.

Be kind to your store workers.

Bringing that up tonight when the gf got home from work she made mention that the morale of the cashier at winco is basically akin to being front line infantry in the trenches. The neighbor near me says he may end up staying home now since he heard a freddies employee got it, he himself works at freddies.

Be kind to your store workers.
I agree about being nice, it must be a thankless job.

Imagine if a covid-19 cluster developes at winco or freddys warehouse and they shut it down for even a short period of time. Not good!

I agree about being nice, it must be a thankless job.

Imagine if a covid-19 cluster developes at winco or freddys warehouse and they shut it down for even a short period of time. Not good!

Word on the street is they plan to impose limitations on these stores, not sure how yet but I would imagine how many in store at a time for starters like Costco has done. I give it a week or two.

As for the ammo I am sure that stuff is flying off the shelf the moment it lands. More so if someones friend is tipping people off when deliveries come in.

I think it is a two fold thing. The Coronavirus has the crazy prepper folks scared they may have to defend their toilet paper supply or something so they are grabbing ammo. Additionally with each democratic candidate being 100% anti gun I think others are stocking up in case one is elected and tries to grab guns and ammo.
Preppers should already be prepped and the gun owners that vote for anti gun politicians all of a sudden want to be stocked up.

Last Edited:
I was able to talk with a rep from webstaurants.com, a National supplier for restaurants. Their company has warehouses in 6 states.

98C599D2-6475-477E-AC04-102F2285025B.png

19DEFE2D-85C6-460A-8CE0-67F031A34957.png

23C29ED5-F193-40F8-A6D9-342710C640AF.png

I'm glad we have a bit of food stored up. The panic- buyers are scrambling now. When they've cleaned out the supply nationally, everyone else will be left wondering how rice got to be so incredibly expensive.

Last Edited:
Toilet paper sales skyrocketed as well. Now I can walk into a store and there is plenty in stock, because people finally realized the virus causes pneumonia, not diarrhea.

You can't shoot a virus.

Toilet paper sales skyrocketed as well. Now I can walk into a store and there is plenty in stock, because people finally realized the virus causes pneumonia, not diarrhea.

You can't shoot a virus.
Plenty in stock? That must be why our the tp shelves at our Safeway are empty and our walmart is rationing 1 package per customer and literally have employees handing it out. Hopefully the abundance at your stores moves this way.

Sidebar on this: I've got a buddy who is a rep in the Portland area for a distributor. Their warehouse is stocked and trucks are delivering. Problem is, bars and restaurants are closed or have gone take-out only with drastically limited menu items. He has the product and means he of delivery but no buyers.
If you are having trouble getting staples and know someone in the bar or restaurant world, this could be another resource.

Sidebar on this: I've got a buddy who is a rep in the Portland area for a distributor. Their warehouse is stocked and trucks are delivering. Problem is, bars and restaurants are closed or have gone take-out only with drastically limited menu items. He has the product and means he of delivery but no buyers.
If you are having trouble getting staples and know someone in the bar or restaurant world, this could be another resource.
We have sysco here in town, I'll bet they are experiencing this problem big time. Too bad they don't sell to walk ins.

Plenty in stock? That must be why our the tp shelves at our Safeway are empty and our walmart is rationing 1 package per customer and literally have employees handing it out. Hopefully the abundance at your stores moves this way.
Here's a Portland area QFC yesterday:

C03D019A-01D5-4C53-9237-989C45FBFAE5.jpeg
The people who hoarded TP are the same people who were hoarding cases of water. News flash: the virus isn't affecting the supply of water ANYWHERE on earth.

An N95 mask will protect you better for the next 6 months than an entire safe full of guns and ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top