JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was born and raised in Los Angeles and didn't move up here until after high school. Let me tell you exactly what happens in Los Angeles when the cops stop showing up... well for you young guys, way back in 1992 there was this guy that had a run in with some cops and some of the locals disagreed with how he was treated, and how the cops then got let off.

Six days of rioting and chaos.
First started with mass looting. Then setting buildings on fire.
63 dead
2300 injured
12,000 arrests

National guard finally came in and shut it down. Soldiers with M16's and tanks and bubblegum rolling around in my neighborhood.

That was just SIX DAYS and in one city and isolated to a relatively small area. If it ever does pop off on a larger scale in even half of the big cities in the country, bubblegum would get real wild real fast.

Lesson to learn?

While.....
Some were shopping.....w/o money.
Some were wondering.....What should I be doing?
Some, were safe guarding what was important to them.

LA-Riots-Koreatown.jpg

Rrrrrright…. Everyone should just remain calm. Because, later (rather than sooner)..... That reassuring knock at your door will come and.....

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

I said, "you don't have ANY Glocks in stock other than the 22LR?"

"Nope," he said. "Everyone's going crazy, buying up guns and ammo to protect their hordes of toilet paper."

OMG..... I was drinkin' hot tea at the moment of reading this. LOL....lemme tell ya, my shirt ain' t so CLEAN anymore.

Aloha, Mark

I was born and raised in Los Angeles and didn't move up here until after high school. Let me tell you exactly what happens in Los Angeles when the cops stop showing up... well for you young guys, way back in 1992 there was this guy that had a run in with some cops and some of the locals disagreed with how he was treated, and how the cops then got let off.

Six days of rioting and chaos.
First started with mass looting. Then setting buildings on fire.
63 dead
2300 injured
12,000 arrests

National guard finally came in and shut it down. Soldiers with M16's and tanks and bubblegum rolling around in my neighborhood.

That was just SIX DAYS and in one city and isolated to a relatively small area. If it ever does pop off on a larger scale in even half of the big cities in the country, bubblegum would get real wild real fast.

Poiice officers were tried in Simi Valley, California first. Once the officers were acquitted rioting happened shortly after that. I was living Sacramento at the time.

Korea-Town wasn't looted since Koreans had AR15's with them on their rooftops.

California, New York and Washington saw gun sales surge due to coronavirus

How many of these would-be buyers are tied up in red tape due to their own votes for anti-gun initiatives? If I was a dealer I would create three lanes at the cash register 1) "If you voted for anti-gun initiatives pay here"; 2) "If you didn't vote, pay here"; 3) "If you voted against anti-gun initiatives pay here".
I know that most of California's gun owners vote for anti gun politicians then wonder why.

I believe Obama said it was easier to buy an assault weapon than to get a book from the library. But he was always more of a slogan over substance kind of guy. Or as his pony pal Biden might say, truth over facts. Whatever that means.
If so all know Obama was the shukin ana jivin president.

How do I just delete a post? I don't see a toggle for that...

What EPS said...

Having a CPL used to waive the waiting period...no longer, so there is no real need to have one unless you want to carry it concealed 10 or more days later when you can go pick it up.

Open carry still 100% legal here.

This is from I-1639 final text:
"Sec. 3. ENHANCED BACKGROUND CHECKS. RCW 9.41.090 and 2018 c 201 s 6003 are each amended to read as follows: (1) In addition to the other requirements of this chapter, no dealer may deliver a pistol to the purchaser thereof until: (a) The purchaser produces a valid concealed pistol license and the dealer has recorded the purchaser's name, license number, and issuing agency, such record to be made in triplicate and processed as provided in subsection (((5))) (6) of this section."

But it didn't make it into law?

In Washington State, the last day you could buy a pistol "cash-and-carry" was 30 June 2019. As of July 1, 2019, the provisions of I-1639 that were codified into law preclude you from walking away from a transfer with your new piece on the same day. This is because the CPL that used to allow you to do that was replaced by a BGC that must be responded to by LEO in writing. So no more "NICS" as it were...

quneur, you stopped reading too soon. See paragraph (b) of the citation you referenced in your OP...

As a result of this unbridled tomfoolery, I made certain to show my disdain for Gub'nor Inslee and his criminal AG, Sideshow Bob Ferguson, by walking out of my local FFL with my buddy's SIG 1911 C3 on Sunday, June 30th...

SIG Sauer 1911 C3.JPG

Last Edited:
The CPL doesn't waive the new WA background check for handguns, which has to be responded to in writing by local LEO. RCW 9.41.090. You can't take delivery until that is received. Yeah...fun times.

Full disclosure: I haven't bought a handgun since then, but have heard the wait for CLEO response was 10 days or longer, at least in the early months. Haven't heard any updated wait times, and it would vary by jurisdiction.

I haven't bought a new hogleg since 30 JUN 2019 either, so I have no data to share regarding the response times of my local CLEO.

I am currently planning one gun buy, but that's about it, and I am at a place where panic buying doesn't effect me, and the ammo I am short on is 7.62 nagant revolver, which I don't see being a huge run on any time soon. I feel content. Though I will confess the PS90 is intriguing me and then form 1 it...

But I feel like most of us are likely well enough stocked.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top