JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got me hankerin for some LaBatts Blue.

Cuz, you know, alcohol prohibition worked so well last time!!! :rolleyes:

That's why they want the guns gone.

MODS: Can you please update this title, this is not just a ban on gun sales, but even the possession of firearms. It is 100% gun grab.. This title is misleading

Not letting the current crisis go to waste, the city council of Bellingham, Washington, will vote Monday on various "emergency" proposals that include a curfew; banning the possession, transfer, and carrying of firearms as well as banning alcohol sales; closing city streets, businesses, and community buildings to the public; and prohibiting the sale of fuel in any container other than a fuel tank properly affixed to a motor vehicle.

Maybe send this off to the City Counsel, Sheriff and Mayor of Bellingham?

DAMAGE CONTROL

Mayor closes city council meeting off to the public, after severe backlash (and I wouldn't doubt personal threats) he now claims it is untrue and used some technical jargon saying the proposed changes to Emergency Ordinances are "procedural in nature". THey better make sure that anything to do with gun confiscation is excluded from these "Emergency Ordinances" or you may find police knocking down doors and pulling another Katrina gun grab.

I would not lower my guard at the mayor's word.. Definitely need to be proactive and need something in writing that revoking gun rights, whether carrying or possessing is excluded in any documentation of the ordinances they may pass at the whim of their screwy city councils. It's amazing how many cities in this country (esp liberal cities) think they are above both state and federal law. The city of Boulder I don't believe has yet to revoke its illegal Assault Weapon Ban. At times like this, any type of measure could result in serious civil unrest.

They are holding an emergency closed door city council meeting. Not very reassuring to the public that they have no ulterior motives in emergency ordinances they are planning.

I heard that they deleted the part on the original bill so now it's a bunch of blank pages in PDF style. That's the rumor I heard anyways, they got their tit in a ringer so they had to do quick damage control.

Even more damage control............

Bellingham City Council Michael Lilliquist said:
Thanks for your letter. This is an unfortunate misunderstanding. No one is interested in curtailing firearms or alcohol sales, certainly not me.

The section of the existing municipal code concerning firearms sales and alcohol sales was written over 50 years ago. It's been on the books since 1977. I guess they must have been thinking about mass riots or something. We have asked the city attorneys to look at that older part of the code. Based on my own research this weekend, this kind of emergency powers language is found in other city codes, and it is perhaps even more common that this kind of language does not appear in the municipal code. I'd like to review this issue fully, and right now my focus is on emergency relief efforts.

Not to be shifting blame, but the Bellingham city council did not see this ordinance before it was published. The ordinance was written at the direction of the mayor, and the writing of the ordinance is the work of city staff members, not political leaders. If you look at the draft ordinance, you see that the Bellingham mayor's concern was with 1) improving our current emergency command structure and 2) adding an ability to create essential public facilities (e.g., temporary hospital) in an emergency. In that, I fully support the mayor's efforts. That is what the proposed ordinance is about: emergency command structure and essential public facilities. My guess is that staff focused on that urgent project, and did not pay attention to older parts of the same law.

The proposed ordinance that we will vote on does not add or change any part of the law concerning gun sales or alcohol sales. Staff included the whole section of the code, i.e., the proposed new parts alongside the 50-year-old parts, to show full context for the changes. I don't think staff thought about it before publication. It was not the focus of people's attention. It's not was the city council is being asked to consider.

Our attention and efforts are focused on providing emergency relief that our community has asked for — e.g., deferred tax payments, no penalties for late payments of water bills, emergency housing, support for local small businesses, etc. We are keeping essential government services such as police and fire protection running, while adjusting in ways to keep our emergency responders safe. We are coordinating with service providers, like the hospital and local food bank, to keep things moving while keeping people at safe distances from each other. Our minds are on these and many other tasks.

The mayor has been clear that he does NOT support restrictions on guns sales or alcohol as an emergency action, and I agree with him.

Ray

Glad to hear that "its not true / just a rumor"...:rolleyes:

Kinda diggin' my idea of the old family recipe and a still though...
What's a felony when ...its the Apocalypse...:eek: :D
Andy
You can make your own alcohol .
That's not illegal.
It's when you start selling it. thats when you break the law.

You can make your own alcohol .
That's not illegal.
It's when you start selling it. thats when you break the law.
I couldn't help myself, one of my favorite songs :p Oh BTW, I live pretty close to the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee and we have a healthy moonshining industry here even to this day :D A few of those mountain people still haven't learned that Prohibition ended. They don't come out much o_O

I couldn't help myself, one of my favorite songs :p Oh BTW, I live pretty close to the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee and we have a healthy moonshining industry here even to this day :D A few of those mountain people still haven't learned that Prohibition ended. They don't come out much o_O

Haha those pictures I posted where from when I went to South Carolina.
I have a friend who knows a guy who knows this girl that knows this other guy who gave us a few jugs.

Haha those pictures I posted where from when I went to South Carolina.
I have a friend who knows a guy who knows this girl that knows this other guy who gave us a few jugs.
That's awesome EPS... South Carolina and North Carolina Appalachians area is some of most beautiful parts of the range. Glad you found a good source. Yeah, you really got to know someone who knows someone who knows someone..

When all this crap is over with, I am going to be trying to get my hands on some real moonshine.. But, as we know, you have to be a bit careful where and who you try to get your moonshine from. :D

That's awesome EPS... South Carolina and North Carolina Appalachians area is some of most beautiful parts of the range. Glad you found a good source. Yeah, you really got to know someone who knows someone who knows someone..

When all this crap is over with, I am going to be trying to get my hands on some real moonshine.. But, as we know, you have to be a bit careful where and who you try to get your moonshine from. :D
We got some a few years ago that was really good .
Then we got some that was not .
Last time we got good stuff.
Just depends on who you know.
I guess.
I was there visit a buddy and ask .
So he called a girl and she found some.
I just wanted to try it.
I had never tried it before

They should keep ranges open and have firearm instructors teaching classes at low cost. Too many new gun owners not enough training.

After all this is over, perhaps an organization like the NRA could give vouchers for discounted training (and new membership) to be given for every new purchase.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top