JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess now the families of the deceased can find a way to sue the PD?

Aloha, Mark
Chances are the police were tied up across town at the time. Audrey was not suicidal. She was homicidal coward, with no problems killing 9 yo children.

Once more we find the proven fact that the way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Notice that it wasn't a "Gun-free zone" sign, or a negotiator, or community organizer, or PC uber-wokeness that ended the rampage. Thanks to the officers' quick and decisive response, they saved many more innocent lives. Could the loss of life been prevented if an armed and trained security officer or teacher had been able to respond immediately? Very likely. Police cannot be everywhere instantly. But media won't acknowledge any of this while they are too busy hiding the unsavory facts about the shooter, the manifesto, the texts and media posts, and the mental health episodes that telegraphed the shooting. Because it's all about the guns....

Chances are the police were tied up across town at the time. Audrey was not suicidal. She was homicidal coward, with no problems killing 9 yo children.
There are apparently text messages and social media posts that indicate suicide and homicide as motives. According to them, the shooter intended to die in the commission of this crime and gain notoriety. Messages that were also apparently ignored by three letter agencies.

I've heard politicians and others praising the 14 minute police response time, and commenting "think of how much worse it could have been if they hadn't have gotten there so quickly!". In this case they were lucky. Think of what someone with a clue could have done with enough ammo (and determination) in 14 minutes. We're all lucky these wackos don't seem to have much training or experience with firearms. 14 minutes in a place full of kids with no resistance. That's a chilling thought.

On another note, I'm guessing the use of the Kel-Tec 9 was after setting off a round or two of 223 without hearing protection (at least it didn't look like they she had any hearing protection).

Last Edited:
There are apparently text messages and social media posts that indicate suicide and homicide as motives. According to them, the shooter intended to die in the commission of this crime and gain notoriety. Messages that were also apparently ignored by three letter agencies.
My point is by the time the police got the message, eventhough they likely didn't know, they were already engaged with the woman. All local police resources went into that (the school) and everything else was a low priority.

Is that OK for a metropolitan police force? No, but it is what it is.

I'm still looking for the Media of it but I believe it's in or around Yakama county
Toppenish

EDIT:
Posted the above before I read far enough down to see you found the article/video. My apologies, EPS.

Last Edited:
There will always be some questions as what's seen on the video...but a camera only shows so much. We don't know who had what training, how much etc.

A few more things...few weren't moving as fast as they should. When they went upstairs, the one guy on the landing staying out of the way, after shots were heard...ugh. MOVE

After clearing the stairs, and going through a short hall...you'll see a guy to the left with a rifle...he should have already been engaged, but then don't know how long he had been there prior.

Again, really not a lot of info to make a clear overall assessment of the incident. Lots of background checking and AAR's need to be done and reviewed.

There will always be some questions as what's seen on the video...but a camera only shows so much. We don't know who had what training, how much etc.

A few more things...few weren't moving as fast as they should. When they went upstairs, the one guy on the landing staying out of the way, after shots were heard...ugh. MOVE

After clearing the stairs, and going through a short hall...you'll see a guy to the left with a rifle...he should have already been engaged, but then don't know how long he had been there prior.

Again, really not a lot of info to make a clear overall assessment of the incident. Lots of background checking and AAR's need to be done and reviewed.
They still made the Uvalde cops look like the Scooby gang. The two who actively engaged the shooter seemed to have their stuff sorted bigtime. Maybe some of the others were not trained for this and just happened to be available at that moment. If they were from different departments and hadn't trained together, it seems to me they did remarkably well.

Just to be clear, I know you're providing insight, not criticizing, so please don't take this as a criticism of your post. Your observations are always valued here.

They still made the Uvalde cops look like the Scooby gang. The two who actively engaged the shooter seemed to have their stuff sorted bigtime. Maybe some of the others were not trained for this and just happened to be available at that moment. If they were from different departments and hadn't trained together, it seems to me they did remarkably well.

Just to be clear, I know you're providing insight, not criticizing, so please don't take this as a criticism of your post. Your observations are always valued here.
No harm no foul here.

As you pointed out, possible people from different dept's etc...very good point.

Overall, can't say too much negative as like I said, really not enough info to make a clear assessment.

This compared to Uvalde....hmmmm...a moped vs Ferrari?

I've heard politicians and others praising the 14 minute police response time, and commenting "think of how much worse it could have been if they hadn't have gotten there so quickly!". In this case they were lucky. Think of what someone with a clue could have done with enough ammo (and determination) in 14 minutes. We're all lucky these wackos don't seem to have much training or experience with firearms. 14 minutes in a place full of kids with no resistance. That's a chilling thought.

On another note, I'm guessing the use of the Kel-Tec 9 was after setting off a round or two of 223 without hearing protection (at least it didn't look like they she had any hearing protection).
Agreed, for someone who isn't used to it. Popping rifle rounds indoors is going to jar you. Which is why movies are so moronic when they show gunfire and people talking like they can hear fine right after that.

There is a lot to compare between Uvalde and Nashville so folks can see what's different....and make better decisions.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top