JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No reason to push the thread off a cliff. One can say "the shooter" or whatever or use names instead of pronouns. No need to get into the pronoun BS.

Wife had one guy at work all of a sudden wanted to be called "they". I told her just use his name every single time never pronouns. It's too confusing people think you are talking about more than one person when someone says "they". Just eliminate the pronouns.
People at my work put their preferred Pronouns into their email Signatures for email messages.

I am thinking I will make mine "Your Highness / His Majesty/ Knower of All Things"

:)

People at my work put their preferred Pronouns into their email Signatures for email messages.

I am thinking I will make mine "Your Highness / His Majesty/ Knower of All Things"

:)
My preferred pronoun is Mr. A-10 Warthog thank you very much, I'll go Burrrrrrrrrrrrt on your arse if you don't use my pronoun each and every time! :s0140:

Colien brought up a sobering point.

We as a nation can somehow pull $75billion out of thin air to support Ukraine, but we can't come up with the money to harden our schools??

Not to beat a dead horse, but truth is truth. Gun control has absolutely nothing to do with concern over the bodies of murdered innocents. Disgusting... and what a betrayal to their memory.

A person who went to school with her said "I knew her well when we were kids," Patton told Lemon on CNN This Morning Tuesday. Patton, now a Nashville radio host, said she hasn't had a relationship with the suspect since they were children and has only ever referred to Hale as Audrey or "she."

SO XX trying to be XY no dick to shoot off.

He's my take on having an armed teacher, custodian, office worker, or security in a school it takes away the SOFT TARGET and doing that is a forward positive move. I do not want 22 year old teachers coming out of college being handed a pistol and told here this is for you. But I would bet money that if you polled a Hundred schools you would find someone in at least 75 of them with firearms knowledge and at least 50 of those schools where 50 had some training either military a CHL or dad taught me to shoot when I was 6 and I been hunting my whole life. Not to mention ex military. Heck My son who was in the US Navy as an electronics tech had anti terrorist arms training. You don't have to be a Seal Ranger or Combat Marine to know how to use a firearm.

And if 1/2 of the schools were armed the idea of any of them being a soft target would go away. Just like no one know how many of the 75 people in a grocery store are armed (statistically its like 1 in 10 here in Oregon 8 in 10 in Grants Pass and Burns LOL) So the idea of being able to walk into a school and kill children just wouldn't fly.

My two cents.

I'm 110% with you on this, having spent several million tax payer dollars to design and build out security for one of Portland's largest and highest risk schools, and that system flat out worked! The staff were not armed, however, the security team employed there had access to long guns as well as less lethal options on person! It also helped that those security personal were all Vets, well vetted, and to a man, each had a well established raport with the students, they were seen more as mentors then security, exactly as planned! The security was actually pretty simple which hid the genius of it's design, there were only TWO ways in, both well screened, and could be locked down instantly! Only certain trained staff had access to other entrances and only for specific reasons. Once the security has been tripped, the entire school went into lock down, nobody in unless they had keys to the doors and were cleared, staff could evacuate parts of the buildings as needed with out breaking security, and the security staff could further shut off access through "Fire Doors" that were designed to lock off parts of that campus, basically pin a threat into a smaller and smaller space that could be controlled by any of the security personal or LEO! That school recently had an active threat, took PBOT almost an hour to respond, but guess what, the system worked exactly as designed and rehearsed, and not a single student of staff member was hurt! Now, gov'ness brownstain's rotten arse is gone for good, and good riddance too, so hopefully our new gov'ness will re hire the security that were let go and that school can go back to being one of the best examples of how you do it right!
BTW, all windows and doors are bullet proofed up to .50 BMG, not by choice actually, it was in fact cheaper to buy those specs then Taylor make them to a lessor standard! All door frames are hardened, so no ramming by car or truck, and the entrances are also blocked so nothing bigger then a motorcycle can get close to a buildings! Interior security is a hardened office suite with all around windows and CCTV cams through out the campus, each classroom is semi hardened, the doors are all auto locking once triggered, they can only be opened from the inside or with a special key set only certain staff have access to. This campus is a monster, and a serious challenge to do, but shows it can be done properly, and under budget, and with proper staffing, un breakable!
Wow, thats pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing. Lots of smart moves there! Those fire doors are a great idea.

Not to feed the political jibber-jabber, but the "trans" label always cracks me up. The majority of "trans" are not "trans". They simply identify/think they are another gender but have not actually physically "transitioned" away from their born gender. "Drag"-whatever is more accurate.

They wanna be the pronoun police, but most of them are miss naming their own delusion.

I peeve on the terms "assault weapon" and "high capacity mag" too.👍

Back in the Dark Ages, I went to Elementary School (1-6) and Junior High (7-9) in older schools that had glass panels in many doors. These panels had chicken wire sandwiched between layers of glass. If the glass was broken, the wire held the pieces together. I think the wire was intended to prevent injury from sharp edges of broken glass.

It wasn't pretty like clear glass, but it gave more security.

Any door with clear glass panels in a school should have bars attached on the inside to prevent breaking the glass and entering. Such a modification would be quite affordable.

Overall, very good movement and communication.

Hate to throw negatives out there, as it was well done....but...too many pistols, is apparent some had more training than others, and can argue either way for a shotgun in this type of situation.

Overall, very good movement and communication.

Hate to throw negatives out there, as it was well done....but...too many pistols, is apparent some had more training than others, and can argue either way for a shotgun in this type of situation.
Had to say it, hu? 🤣

I have to agree and noticed the same thing. Shotgun in a school setting with possibly children appearing unexpectedly and/or moving unpredictably(?) In a larger assault group with a dedicated breecher... maybe. There may have been additional rifles in other officer groups, but there really is no excuse for all officers not having immediate access to a rifle to respond effectively.

I understand departmental budget constraints, but jeez.... the cost a of a rifle amoratized over the life of the rifle... we're not talking bodycam kind of money there. Ensuring LEO's have the tools they need only saves lives, right? ;)

I'm not finding any fault though. They rolled with what they had without hesitation and got the job done. Evidently they had exactly what they needed to have. Rest in pieces! 🤣

Last Edited:
Back in the Dark Ages, I went to Elementary School (1-6) and Junior High (7-9) in older schools that had glass panels in many doors. These panels had chicken wire sandwiched between layers of glass. If the glass was broken, the wire held the pieces together. I think the wire was intended to prevent injury from sharp edges of broken glass.

It wasn't pretty like clear glass, but it gave more security.

Any door with clear glass panels in a school should have bars attached on the inside to prevent breaking the glass and entering. Such a modification would be quite affordable.
I remember that! Good Point!

I also remember standing on stage as a six year-old, looking out upon a bunch of people in the audience at Christmas.

I was really young, so I can't tell you if I was a Shepherd, or a Camel, or maybe even a Palm Tree.

But it was a Christmas Nativity story. At a Public School.

It never happened again after that.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair Shut it down.

Always pathetic to see people make the argument "it might not work so we should just do the same failed nothing we've been doing."

I've said it too many times to count, put teachers against the same rigor/stress testing and shooting qualifiers that police have to do. If a teacher can pass those, there's zero difference in their ability to respond to a murderer on campus.

I had no idea any schools here had seen the light. Good for them!
Toppenish (aka 2-Penis as some jokingly call it) is located on the Indian reservation. Perhaps they have different rules than what the other schools in the state can do legally? It's too bad the Union prevents teachers from carrying there but at least admin can.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top