JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, after all, the cops want to go home at night, so if they were a little too fast with the trigger, what's to worry? They are trained professionals, after all, and we know that no policeman ever lies about what happened, and they never shoot without just cause and all...

It hurt to write that...

Thanks for your sacrifice

Notice what is conspicuously absent from any report so far: whether or not the rifle being carried was actually loaded. My bet is that if it was, all the reports would have trumpeted the "high capacity magazine tube with 15 bullets" and an immediate call for shorter tubular magazines on .22 autoloaders, if not an outright ban on ALL semi-automatic firearms. If we can protect just one child, ..... Since I haven't seen any thing along those lines, I am betting it was empty and just very unfortunate that the individual somehow gained access to it and decided to go for a stroll. Can't really blame the officers, if indeed it was pointed at them. I certainly would not want to absorb a couple of 40 gr lead projectiles, even in a vest. (And certainly don't want to catch one in soft tissue.)

he had a gun and no sence if he had no bad intensions he should have spoken up and complied to prove he ment nobody any harm .the fact is we weren't there and do not know what took place but being out anywhere with a firearm you take on certain responsibilities .for Christ sakes they issue concealed weapons permits for responsible gun owners to carry without causing a scene all the idiots that carry open state there rights with a smug attitude to people that are just responding to a complaint are just not being responsible or intelligent.

Has nothing to do with open carrying at all. If the gentleman DIDN'T comply, and really was "asked" to put the gun on the ground, and really did aim at the officers, it was a justified shoot. I just have issues with believing police officers all the time (at least the ones I don't personally know and trust).

Aside from armchair quarterbacks on this board, has anyone seen any aligations of wrongdoing on the part of the cops? Are there any witnesses critical of the cops conduct? Is there any evidence at all to suggest that they did anything wrong? Do you not think that in the absence of ANY contest, they should at LEAST be given the benefit of the doubt? Maybe AT LEAST until we know more?

You guys remind me of a bunch if peach faced 15 year olds passing the joint around enlightening each other with your wise insight to the criminal justice system.

Froze the frame where the "rifle" was pictured, Looks like a Marlin Model 60 a 22lr !! Look at the tubular magazine below the barrel.

Wouldn't surprise me most of those old timers or women haven't "heard" a firearm report in a long time!!

You can bet it will get blown out of proportion!!

Aside from armchair quarterbacks fellow members who I should show some freaking respect to on this board, has anyone seen any aligations allegations of wrongdoing on the part of the cops citizen? Are there any witnesses critical of the cops citizens conduct? Is there any evidence at all to suggest that they he did anything wrong? Do you not think that in the absence of ANY contest, they he should at LEAST be given the benefit of the doubt? Maybe AT LEAST until we know more?

You guys remind me of a bunch if peach faced 15 year olds passing the joint around enlightening each other with your the fact that I am acting like an *** in that face of wise insight into the criminal justice system.

There... fixed that for you :D

I personally wanted to wait to see what happened here. Now that this time has passed, if the Good, Fine Upstanding PD had ANYTHING more to pin on this dude they would have. Have they announced him firing first? If not, ten he didn't. Have they announced his threatening to shoot anyone? If not, then he didn't. If he were truly guilty of a crime(an armed American is not a crime. The ones calling the cops or the cops themselves are the only ones infringing upon the right of people.), your friendly neighborhood PD would have been screaming about all of his crimes. Their silence speaks volumes.

If you are walking down the street, minding your own business and armed(not a crime), maybe it's a good idea to shoot first when guns get drawn on you. Badge or not, anyone pulling a gun and shooting at me for nothing more than minding my own business is going to get everything I can throw at them.

Since we have so much video footage of the police committing so many crimes, at what point do we start surrounding them with guns for being on the street and armed? I see no provision for our government to surround us with armed thugs while trying to strip every right that would allow us freedom. In fact, the only ones guaranteed arms are the people, not a fake police state propped up by the thugs doing the fleecing.

But hey, who's buying tickets to the Policemen's Ball? They need to go bubblegum themselves or head on back to Europe. The American principle is one of individual freedom, not a collective, only worried about "the good of the whole".

I personally wanted to wait to see what happened here. Now that this time has passed, if the Good, Fine Upstanding PD had ANYTHING more to pin on this dude they would have. Have they announced him firing first? If not, ten he didn't. Have they announced his threatening to shoot anyone? If not, then he didn't. If he were truly guilty of a crime(an armed American is not a crime. The ones calling the cops or the cops themselves are the only ones infringing upon the right of people.), your friendly neighborhood PD would have been screaming about all of his crimes. Their silence speaks volumes.

If you are walking down the street, minding your own business and armed(not a crime), maybe it's a good idea to shoot first when guns get drawn on you. Badge or not, anyone pulling a gun and shooting at me for nothing more than minding my own business is going to get everything I can throw at them.

Since we have so much video footage of the police committing so many crimes, at what point do we start surrounding them with guns for being on the street and armed? I see no provision for our government to surround us with armed thugs while trying to strip every right that would allow us freedom. In fact, the only ones guaranteed arms are the people, not a fake police state propped up by the thugs doing the fleecing.

But hey, who's buying tickets to the Policemen's Ball? They need to go bubblegum themselves or head on back to Europe. The American principle is one of individual freedom, not a collective, only worried about "the good of the whole".

Or it could be that they have a good police chief that is being circumspect about this and showing the man some respect.

I'm not saying it's the police's fault or the citizens fault. I'm saying let's give this a week or two and THEN see what the facts that come out are.

Yes the police have become a problem more and more... but I do know that some old school police chiefs are still out there and are not bad guys.

Let's just keep things calm and examine the facts... assumptions aren't always right.

To me, I hold a police officer to the same standard as a normal citizen:

The use of lethal force that can end in homicide is only justified in the situation of immediate, otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent.

-Massad Ayoob

Merely carrying a 22lr rifle down the street does not qualify.

And I hate to break it to you but you can be justifiably shot even when you're not breaking any laws. It's about perspective with cops, just like it is with non-cops defending themselves. Articulation is everything. Why'd you shoot? Have a good reason, one other people will say, "Oh yea, I probably would have shot too?"

Because you don't know what the cops know/think nor how they're perceiving you and the situation... it seems to me that the best thing, for self-preservation sake, when carrying a firearm openly and being yelled at by police, is to comply. I know people around here HATE feeling like they should EVER have to do ANYTHING a cop EVER tells them to do, so long as they're not obviously committing crimes, and I agree on a philosophical level, but we're talking about surviving the encounter right now.

Again... we don't have enough info to know what the case was, in this story.

shot yes
justifiably shot.. not so much

And he may NOT have been doing anything illegal - but HE is the one who is SHOT and SUFFERING - is there anything difficult to understand here? For Crying out loud HE DID NOT COMPLY and got shot! Go pitch yer bee-yotch to the Edmonds PD and tell us how that works out.

and the way things go A BIG PAYDAY soon that we get to pay.

Update: according to the Everett Herald when he gets out of the hospital he will be booked for assault since he allegedly leveled the rifle at the police before they shot him according to police spokesperson. The 27 yo has a history of mental illness as well according to the article.
Should be an informative trial. Sorry I am mobile so can't send link to article.

Brutus out

I'm sure there are a few reasons for this, a major one being the elements that control and distribute these items won't give them up without a fight. We're not just talking about weed here, there are other substances that are cash crops for these individuals/organizations and they will fight tooth and nail to maintain that profit stream. The war on drugs is an abysmal failure but until other options and solutions are put forth and implemented, we're stuck with the status quo.

like giving them guns (F&F) and who knows what that hasn't been brought to light

he had a gun and no sence if he had no bad intensions he should have spoken up and complied to prove he ment nobody any harm .the fact is we weren't there and do not know what took place but being out anywhere with a firearm you take on certain responsibilities .for Christ sakes they issue concealed weapons permits for responsible gun owners to carry without causing a scene all the idiots that carry open state there rights with a smug attitude to people that are just responding to a complaint are just not being responsible or intelligent.

Next thing you'll be advocating is that just because we have the 1A and with it the right to speak in public, we should not do so because it might upset someone who does not like the topic.

Update: according to the Everett Herald when he gets out of the hospital he will be booked for assault since he allegedly leveled the rifle at the police before they shot him according to police spokesperson. The 27 yo has a history of mental illness as well according to the article.
Should be an informative trial. Sorry I am mobile so can't send link to article.

Brutus out

Without a dash cam video or some other video I will not believe them.
The point of me giving the cops the benefit of the doubt are long gone.
Read too many stories, and even more important, I have seen too many video where cops behave like a common street gangs.

so did the cop

Pls explain, ATM the picture that is starting to come out shows otherwise. Oh wait, it must be that the Edmonds PD are conspiring to frame this guy so they can portray a justified shoot and show us 2A supporters that they are not to be trifled with. Sorry, wasn't thinking straight. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top