JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, but cops are trained and paid to be right every time, especially with deadly force. I don't think anyone really beats up cops on this forum all the time as gun happy thugs. However, there are more and more of these questionable or possibly questionable shootings, not just in the NW but all over the country. I don't give a hoot about the criminals that lose a gunfight with cops. But it is concerning when little old ladies and little ol men get swiss cheesed by Glocks and the cops pulling the triggers never go to jail. (All appropriate departmental standards were followed to quote the company line) Heck look at the Seattle cop that should have been fired but got off the hook with losing some pay and having to be retrained. Who needs to be retrained about excessive force after 20 years???? What this sort of thing says to Joe average citizen like me is many police departments do not respect the rights of citizens anymore. At least county sheriffs are elected and we have some say in the process.
There is a pattern that has developed and its pretty obvious, its called militarization of the constabulary.
Brutus Out.

That was due to the Seattle Police Union fought tooth and nail for him!!!! Just like the politicians get off with murder, hence, Ted Kennedy!!!!

I have to wonder, if you are legally open carrying (for whatever reason or like the summer heat), do cops automatically assume you are a criminal when they first confront you? Not that I want to find out personally (in my little town they ask what caliber or nice piece), but curious.

I have to wonder, if you are legally open carrying (for whatever reason or like the summer heat), do cops automatically assume you are a criminal when they first confront you? Not that I want to find out personally (in my little town they ask what caliber or nice piece), but curious.

Caveman, those pigs can't act that way in your town... Haven't you been paying attention? All cops assume you are a criminal and will kill you- any chance they get. Ask around, these guys here will tell you the truth.

Caveman, those pigs can't act that way in your town... Haven't you been paying attention? All cops assume you are a criminal and will kill you- any chance they get. Ask around, these guys here will tell you the truth.

That's why I never lived in a big city, I have worked in a bunch over 35 years though and despised them all. I do occasionally venture into them (for medical purposes and pack accordingly) and am always on guard and aware of my surroundings. I do have to think about "IF" a situation with an LEO is warranted what would I do, if cordial I guess it would be fine (I would not volonteere any personal info though) but if someone reported seeing my CC piece & reported it. I do have my permit next to my DL but do they have the right to question (detain) me about it? It's a big question that every CC person should ask.

I only wear my tinfoil when I read about UFOs and underground government cities. :cigar:

Why? Both are real. Apologize for the hijack/OT, but that comment needs a rebuttal.

Underground cities - many truckers, witnesses, and Dick Cheney (carelessly, post 911) have said so. "If we lose Wash DC don't worry because there is an underground, secondary government and support structure ready to kick in within hours." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzqtXC-b5Q Just because the ants in the ant farm are not aware of anything outside the glass does not mean such things do not exist.

UFOs - over 10,000 professionals in the last fifty years, engineers, doctors, pilots, astronauts, astronomers, Presidents (Reagan), servicemen have faced being mocked to report what they have witnessed to have no monetary or other gain, just ridicule (truth is almost always rejected and ridiculed). Plus, to believe we are alone in the vast universe is lunacy of the worst kind.

Funny how people will believe only what they are comfortable with vs something that is backed by facts, evidence, and most importantly one's own experiences. Fairy tales and comforting thoughts always get a pass of course.

Then explain why 90%+ of SWAT deployments are related to the drug war.

I'm sure there are a few reasons for this, a major one being the elements that control and distribute these items won't give them up without a fight. We're not just talking about weed here, there are other substances that are cash crops for these individuals/organizations and they will fight tooth and nail to maintain that profit stream. The war on drugs is an abysmal failure but until other options and solutions are put forth and implemented, we're stuck with the status quo.

Sarcasm aside, you'll be fine. In some cities, you can be stopped to determine you legal ability to carry concealed or even open. Portland and some other cities come to mind. This is hypothetical since, if you are carrying concealed, no one should see your firearm.

Don't take my word for it, ask some of the legal scholars in this website.

As for the cops shooting the open carry guy the answer is simple. You are living in a Police State. Stop acting like you are free to do as you please (even within the 'law') and you won't get shot.

Don't play 'free man' and flaunt something you simply do not have - that being real freedom. Not that hard a concept.

You have permissions/liberties ONLY. Such as the 2A. Anything that can be taken away is not a freedom. You have none, get over it.

Loudly pronouncing that you have a RIGHT does not make it so. Slaves and owned property, and yes that is what you are, have no real rights.

Know your place.

Look, we all agree that are 2A rights must be protected, what we disagree on is how. I've got a suggestion, instead of letting our fingers do the talking why not use our legs? I don't mean protests, those are fun and even cool to be a part of. They definitely garner attention, both good and bad. But what if we went out to our respective local communities (pioneer square for me) and just talked to people about 2A, hand out pamphlets, just hang out and answer questions. We could make it a NWFA event, you won't convince everyone, but it's a start.

PDX,

Good post. Not to be a downer, but face facts sir. What the 'people want' makes no difference. Look at the Syria situation as evidence of that fact.

I'm out, got to go to work, still a wage slave ....

Why? Both are real. Apologize for the hijack/OT, but that comment needs a rebuttal.

Underground cities - many truckers, witnesses, and Dick Cheney (carelessly, post 911) have said so. "If we lose Wash DC don't worry because there is an underground, secondary government and support structure ready to kick in within hours." Truck Driver Confirms Underground City Beneath US. 2013 - YouTube - YouTube

UFOs - over 10,000 professionals in the last fifty years, engineers, doctors, pilots, astronauts, astronomers, Presidents (Reagan), servicemen have faced being mocked to report what they have witnessed to have no monetary or other gain, just ridicule (truth is almost always rejected and ridiculed). Plus, to believe we are alone in the vast universe is lunacy of the worst kind.

Funny how people will believe only what they are comfortable with vs something that is backed by facts, evidence, and most importantly one's own experiences. Fairy tales and comforting thoughts always get a pass of course.

Sorry had to respond to your off topic post Burt!

I agree with the UFO's and not being alone in the Universe not so sure about cities.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews