JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not a lot of details but it sounds like police may have been trigger happy, they said they don't believe he was pointing the rifle at anyone or anything but shot him after giving verbal warnings. Could it just have been someone legally open carrying and knowing their rights and refusing to be harassed by police?

<broken link removed>

Methinks the Edmonds PD is about to have the most effective component of good gardening compost sued out of them.

Maybe he didn't hear them. Could have been deaf, or plugged into his music etc.
Deer season is just around the corner too, so he could have been taking the rifle out to sight it in etc.

This needs to be explored in detail.

Thanks for the heads up Kable.

Methinks the Edmonds PD is about to have the most effective component of good gardening compost sued out of them.

Maybe he didn't hear them. Could have been deaf, or plugged into his music etc.
Deer season is just around the corner too, so he could have been taking the rifle out to sight it in etc.

This needs to be explored in detail.

Thanks for the heads up Kable.

This would be my defense but the way my hearing is when someone shouts or there is really loud noises it hurts my ears.
If I'm well within the laws I don't need some friggin LEO to question, detain or want my personal information. They can suck swamp water!!!

From the information given in the article it looks to be a justified shooting. Man with a rifle by a school doesn't comply to verbal cammands and gets shot. Candidate for a Darwin award.

From the information given in the article it looks to be a justified shooting. Man with a rifle by a school doesn't comply to verbal cammands and gets shot. Candidate for a Darwin award.

Which law is it that prohibits having a rifle near a school? If a police officer verbally commands you to stand on your head and spit rubber nickels are you going to comply? Refusing to obey a police officer is not a capital offense....yet.

So it is OK to suspend due justice and the US Constitution because he was "near" a school and did not follow verbal instructions? If you notice there has been a lot of shootings by police officers in cases that in the past would have led to arrests. Is this due to the militarization of our police force and/or the complete removal of the "to serve and protect" aspect of policing. You decide, before you pass judgement on anyone on either side of the trigger think about BOTH sides of the argument and how you would like to be treated in that situation.

Which law is it that prohibits having a rifle near a school? If a police officer verbally commands you to stand on your head and spit rubber nickels are you going to comply? Refusing to obey a police officer is not a capital offense....yet.

Really that's the best the best "if" scenario u can come up with? If I was open carrying a rifle by a school and the cops roll up, I would do my best to comply with their instructions and work towards defusing the situation so I can be on my way.

So it is OK to suspend due justice and the US Constitution because he was "near" a school and did not follow verbal instructions? If you notice there has been a lot of shootings by police officers in cases that in the past would have led to arrests. Is this due to the militarization of our police force and/or the complete removal of the "to serve and protect" aspect of policing. You decide, before you pass judgement on anyone on either side of the trigger think about BOTH sides of the argument and how you would like to be treated in that situation.

Here's the first comment after the story! Sounds like a plant.
"""Little doubt that it was an assault style rifle. The Times could not report it due to deadlines.

Time to pass a ban on assault style rifles in this great state! I am sure that Gov Jay Inslee is on board.""
by
safety wellness diversity
far left coast
1758 comments

They have no shame! I'll bet safety wellness diversity is a Bloominberger idiot.

Brutus Out

Anyone read tot one comment that was left on this "news" page? boy, there's another nutcase, jumping to conclusions...

Sounds like the officers jumped a little, too. Sure would be nice to know the whole story here.

Not it's not ok to suspend due justice and the constitution but both are fought at in the courts. From what I can see on the article, he decided to go a different route.

They should stop building schools where folks have Constitutional rights then. Why does a school negate my rights?

What comes next, no religious practices near schools?

What if someone wanted to speak freely and exercise their 1st amendment rights near a school? Does the school trump the Law of the land?

What about private schools, public schools?

How about schools of cooking, or other trades?

What about schools for teachers, you know, places where educators get and edumication?

Are these places where the Constitution is null and void?
If so, then what good is the Constitution at all?

Here's the first comment after the story! Sounds like a plant.
"""Little doubt that it was an assault style rifle. The Times could not report it due to deadlines.

Time to pass a ban on assault style rifles in this great state! I am sure that Gov Jay Inslee is on board.""
by
safety wellness diversity
far left coast
1758 comments

They have no shame! I'll bet safety wellness diversity is a Bloominberger idiot.

Brutus Out

SWD is a well-known troll on the Times site..

Really that's the best the best "if" scenario u can come up with? If I was open carrying a rifle by a school and the cops roll up, I would do my best to comply with their instructions and work towards defusing the situation so I can be on my way.

Yep let's just bow down to the whims of the state security goons for their illegal harassment of a peaceful citizen going about his own business. God forbid these cops have the common decency to leave people alone instead of deliberately creating confrontations by obeying the unconstitutional diktats of their political masters.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top