JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm still not understanding a number of things like:

1. How blanks fired at a rifle salute have anything to do with this.
I'm curious about all of that too. I hate to be super sh***y about it but I feel like the funeral was only mentioned to kind of pull on the heart strings of the members here to try to get them to kind of rally behind him against magnum research. It literally has nothing to do with the pistol.

This is surprising for me to hear as they have a decent history of god customer service. I don't own any of their products but I have shot several and 3 guys I work with have their handguns. I don't know they full history of your interaction with them but I would call and ask to speak to different rep. and see if you by chance just got the wrong guy on the wrong day. I do not think there is anything to lose offering them a 2nd chance. If they refuse so be it you tried. I know I had a bad experience with a service rep over a $3 part replacement on a priming tool and felt like it was poor service, I griped a day about it and called back next day. Got a different rep and the outcome was completely different. The rep was better than I could have asked for. If you haven't already try again, you have nothing to lose but the time of a phone call. Best of luck!

In my dealings with them, I was amazed that a company that machines it's own 10/22 barrels and receivers couldn't make them fit without slop. Even when given a second try.

My Volquartsen barrel in a factory reciever was a much better fit. And made by two different companies.

In my dealings with them, I was amazed that a company that machines it's own 10/22 barrels and receivers couldn't make them fit without slop. Even when given a second try.

My Volquartsen barrel in a factory reciever was a much better fit. And made by two different companies.
Comparing Volquartsen and Magnum Research is a bit of stretch. Yes they may make parts that fit the same thing but Volquartsen is premium high end specialty manufacturer, Magnum Research ....ehh not so much. Quality between them should not be expected to be on the same level.

Magnum Research has nothing to do with mfg of that pistol. They are just the importer. IWI is the mfg.
I am pretty sure all their baby eagles have those marks in the feed ramp.

Comparing Volquartsen and Magnum Research is a bit of stretch. Yes they may make parts that fit the same thing but Volquartsen is premium high end specialty manufacturer, Magnum Research ....ehh not so much. Quality between them should not be expected to be on the same level.

Ok well how about if I told you every factory Ruger barrel ive dealt with was a much better fit. At 1/3 the cost.

Ok well how about if I told you every factory Ruger barrel ive dealt with was a much better fit. At 1/3 the cost.
I have no idea what your post is supposed to be questioning, it literally is a non-sentence. If I tell a barrel? What do you tell a barrel and why are you telling anything to a barrel? Better fit than what? Compared to what?

I have no idea what your post is supposed to be questioning, it literally is a non-sentence. If I tell a barrel? What do you tell a barrel and why are you telling anything to a barrel? Better fit than what? Compared to what?

A factory 10/22 from Ruger has a better barrel to reciever fit than my Magnum Research 10/22 did for less money.

Does this help ?

I had bad luck with Magnum Research as well. A $600 10/22 that had the worst barrel droop I've ever experienced. Loose barrel fit. Sent it back and they put some tinfoil between the barrel and reciever. They will never see another dime of my money.

I had one of their 10/22's in .22WMR. It was $700 if I remember right.

It made it to the range 3 times. Accuracy was WORSE than a standard Ruger carbine. Way worse. I sold it off and will never spend a dime on MR products again either!

A factory 10/22 from Ruger has a better barrel to reciever fit than my Magnum Research 10/22 did for less money.

Does this help ?
Again you're making a comment that is pointless. I'm not picking but so what?? It fits better, was this ever a debated issue that I missed? I don't recall even have mentioning Ruger barrels in my post. I made a comment on Volquartsen vs Magnum Research, where do you get Ruger out of that?

Again you're making a comment that is pointless. I'm not picking but so what?? It fits better, was this ever a debated issue that I missed? I don't recall even have mentioning Ruger barrels in my post. I made a comment on Volquartsen vs Magnum Research, where do you get Ruger out of that?

You stated Volquartsen wasn't a fair comparison. Is a cheaper Ruger not a fair comparison?

If you cant get it move on.

Ur names tits on rits? Do u cut up woman and but them on crackers?

It's rare that I read a post that truly surprises me and at the same time makes me pass judgement on the poster's character immediately.

Congrats, you did both with this.:rolleyes:

@titsonritz is someone you COULD have come to rely on for his knowledge and cool head. Too bad you'd rather insult the man.

Last Edited:
You stated Volquartsen wasn't a fair comparison. Is a cheaper Ruger not a fair comparison?

Your comparison is fair and just. Magnum Research screwed the pooch with that 10/22-type offering. Probably why we don't really hear much on it around the rimfire shooters campfire.

No comparing a specialty premium company that charges high dollar for limited production to a factory that mass produces is not a fair comparison. You cannot expect the same results and if you do you have no understanding of the differences. I assumed you understood that there is a difference on fitment of factory barrels and receivers vs high end. It appears you do not understand this. You may also find examples of this in AR-15 fitment factory vs high end. I get it very well, were as you obviously thought Magnum Research was making great products up until you purchased this and suddenly decided to trash them based on 1 example. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the same day. So you would remember both. You would remember your dead family member and you would remember buying the pistol. Now if the pistol would have been working order, not to bad. But this if an awful situation. This pistols defective from the manufacturer and im happy to get rid of it. Magnum research claims i put those marks there. K.B.I WAS BAD, but i think that put them out of business. E.A.A. just dont return e mails or answer the phone if u got a broke pistol. Ruger is nice.
Ruger IS nice!!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top