JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I think a feed ramp in a pistol sold new is very rare and even interesting. I posted this months ago and only a few people wrote. I replaced the barrel put then got weak ejection and replaced the spring and put up for sale but then couldnt get pictures to load. Then this "magnum research worst company ever" post came alive like crazed hell fire. That feed ramp went past magnum research 3 times. I showed to my gunsmith. He said machine marks from manufacturing. I sent the same pictures to iwi and they said those marks were never theyre. Very spooky. Very bad service. Theyre warranty is only one year unless theyre is a serious defect from time of manufacture which is what this is. It was sent back but they just ignored the actual problem because it is an odd and rare one. Anyone else got feed ramp pics from a new pistol like that? Just me huh?

Ah I forgot to post this up the other day. I pulled the barrel out of my Baby Eagle 2 in .40 S&W the other day.
As I remembered. Same marks in the feed ramp. This Baby Eagle runs like a Swiss watch. Feeds everything I put thru it.
do have to hang on to it tight. Or else you will get malfunctions on occasion. But that's not the pistols fault.

4D99B839-2ADE-4688-82AD-E868E2E9B0D8.jpeg

Entertainment value, A+.

Every manufacturer has a bad day or bad gun now and then

And if you like to take a chance on a nasty surprise, buy a Smith & Wesson revolver made within the past 10 years. There has been much ballyhoo about machines run by computers. But I'm thinking, who's watching the process and what comes out on the far end? I think maybe cost containment and capital preservation issues have caused their customer service to go down the dumper hole.

I had issues with two Auto Ordnance 1911's but I believe that was before the Kahr Arms acquisition. One in .45 ACP was bad, the other in .38 Super was horrible. The slide had been made wrong. I've got some stories re. Numrich Arms but this isn't the place for that. But these experiences have soured me on anything from that entire complex. My impression of IMI/IWI products is a good one, without having owned any. I know people who have them, I've looked at them, haven't heard bad stuff about them in particular.

Somebody here mentioned EAA, European American Armory. They specialize in selling foreign-made knock-offs. Even foreign made knock-offs of foreign-made guns. The single one I bought and its issues convinces me to never buy their stuff again.

Think about it. You buy a gun made in a US factory, if it needs to go back for warranty work, it will go back to where it was made. Where technicians, in theory anyway, have the capability and parts to do the job. Imported stuff, distributors probably lay awake at night thinking about how they can shift those problems away somehow. They don't send your finely made but non-functional made in the Philippines 1911 copy back to the Philippines for repair. They might have a few guys in the basement that can kinda sorta dink around with them. Their best remedy is to just send a replacement gun and however satisfactory, it's the most expensive way out for them. It's easier to ignore your emails or put you on indefinite telephone hold.

Looking at both feed ramp photos I can maybe see why OP's gun hangs up and Velsey's doesn't.
On OP's feed ramp the machine cut gouging the ramp left a sharp corner sticking up right where the bullet will engage it on entering the chamber.
On Velsey's piece the location of the facing cut does not leave material where it will interfere wih feeding. The transition from mag to ramp to chamber is smooth even with the "offending" gouges.
Just my guess as to why it affected one and not the other.

Ah I forgot to post this up the other day. I pulled the barrel out of my Baby Eagle 2 in .40 S&W the other day.
As I remembered. Same marks in the feed ramp. This Baby Eagle runs like a Swiss watch. Feeds everything I put thru it.
do have to hang on to it tight. Or else you will get malfunctions on occasion. But that's not the pistols fault.

View attachment 697810
The barrel from my Jericho 941 in 45 ACP. Only 200 rounds through it. Wear looks good so far. Pistol functions flawlessly.

IMG_20200517_102009.jpg

Actually lots of guns, the semi automatic pistol guns ive heard so much about, theyd have 2, thats two feed ramps, ya condescending filthy animal. The 1911, walther, ur Beretta, all two feed ramps. This poor baby eagle only had one bad feed ramp and i replaced the feed ramp which is attached to the barrel. Why not buy the gun cpmplete with new barrel and get the original damaged barrel too? To those who showed me pretty feed ramps, thats hot. They come from the factory like that? Thats hot.

I want to be nominated for thread of the year. Id like to thank all who commented, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I understand only now that ill raised scum are needed to make defective pistols and not honor their warranty and attempt to extort more funds from me. I spent more money to fix it myself but at least i got this thread.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top