JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then I stand corrected, good sir. I musta missed that other post. Upon your mention of "non-governmental security", my mind immediately went to the "Blackwater" and other related companies' version of "private security." My apologies for my assumption. In my own defense, although I spend an inordinate amount of time on this site, I can't read every post.

Now that I know you're an engineer, too, I like you even more. There, I said it... :eek:
No worries, it's hard to include all the relevant details in a bubblegumposting session. Of course I do spend an inordinate amount of time contemplating physical security issues too. I am one of the first on my teams to point out that if you do not have physical security then you do not have any security at all, no matter how good your software stack is. And physical security is ultimately based on the threat of copious amounts of violence. Hence my very sly initiatives to get companies to adopt the policy of "harden your people".

I honestly dont know why anyone still buys most things on Amazon (or Ebay...). If you find something you like and cant buy it direct from the mfg somethings wrong. And the prices are not anything different than full retail worth considering.
Man, I got tired of trying to find things I wanted locally. Got tired of going to three retail places to NOT find what I wanted. Got tired of lack of service, people with a brain and heart-beat, at local retailers. I hate the fact that's the way it turned out. I believe in supporting local business. I gave up. If I need those little watch type batteries for something? That's a perfect example. I can have it tomorrow, dropped on my door step. That one frying pan that's seen it's better days? Freddie's/Walmart/whoever, cheesy-pan for $29.00? Maybe? Better grade for $5.00 more, on my door step tomorrow.
View attachment 1751008

By his own admission, Spaceman Spiff is not an engineer. He mentioned non-government security in another thread...
HAH!
I am not a smart man! But I can read people fairly well. :D

Man, I got tired of trying to find things I wanted locally. Got tired of going to three retail places to NOT find what I wanted. Got tired of lack of service, people with a brain and heart-beat, at local retailers. I hate the fact that's the way it turned out. I believe in supporting local business. I gave up. If I need those little watch type batteries for something? That's a perfect example. I can have it tomorrow, dropped on my door step. That one frying pan that's seen it's better days? Freddie's/Walmart/whoever, cheesy-pan for $29.00? Maybe? Better grade for $5.00 more, on my door step tomorrow.

HAH!
I "tried" for a good while to not deal with Amazon. I finally gave up. I was only punishing myself. For those who want to not support Amazon? Fine with me. As far as I know I don't own a piece of Amazon so matters none but, I just love the ease of ordering stuff and next day here it is.

I "tried" for a good while to not deal with Amazon. I finally gave up. I was only punishing myself. For those who want to not support Amazon? Fine with me. As far as I know I don't own a piece of Amazon so matters none but, I just love the ease of ordering stuff and next day here it is.
That's it. They are the only entity that have my card number.
My latest was a twin pack of H-1 headlight bulbs for $8.00. I used to get them at Bimart. But Bimart saw fit to no longer carry the basic H-1 version. Oh they have the "purple" package of so-called "more better/brighter", at $12.00/each, which I tried, and they both burned out in 3 months+/-.

HAH!
I had a place for batteries for years. The staff were great people and they had every battery you never heard of from 16-volt race car batteries to every oddball watch battery ever made. Then one day while buying a couple of watch batteries for an optic, I met the owner. I didn't need to drive all the way to the store to make an $8 purchase. I wanted to support a local business.

"Name?"
"I'm paying cash."
"Name?"
"You don't need my name."
"I need your name for the system."
"Put down whatever you want. You don't need my name."
"It goes on the receipt."
"I don't want a receipt."
"I still need your name."
"I've been coming here for years and I never give my name."
"I can't sell you anything without your name."
"This is the hill you want to die on?"
"Yes."
"Goodbye."

I had a place for batteries for years. The staff were great people and they had every battery you never heard of from 16-volt race car batteries to every oddball watch battery ever made. Then one day while buying a couple of watch batteries for an optic, I met the owner. I didn't need to drive all the way to the store to make an $8 purchase. I wanted to support a local business.

"Name?"
"I'm paying cash."
"Name?"
"You don't need my name."
"I need your name for the system."
"Put down whatever you want. You don't need my name."
"It goes on the receipt."
"I don't want a receipt."
"I still need your name."
"I've been coming here for years and I never give my name."
"I can't sell you anything without your name."
"This is the hill you want to die on?"
"Yes."
"Goodbye."
My Dad has always told me to never put a bad taste in the customer's mouth

That's it. They are the only entity that have my card number.
My latest was a twin pack of H-1 headlight bulbs for $8.00. I used to get them at Bimart. But Bimart saw fit to no longer carry the basic H-1 version. Oh they have the "purple" package of so-called "more better/brighter", at $12.00/each, which I tried, and they both burned out in 3 months+/-.
That is a great example. Months back at work turn on lights, one is dead. So on the way home I stop at the local Wally. Now the damn things are in a locked case. 🤬
I was already getting my phone out to order a couple and clerk happens by who actually had the key. So he opens the case and they have one of the model I need.:mad:
By then on phone its showing Amazon will have two to me by next day. I ordered and left. Price at Amazon was the same as Wally. All I could think of is why did I bother to stop here?

That is a great example. Months back at work turn on lights, one is dead. So on the way home I stop at the local Wally. Now the damn things are in a locked case. 🤬
I was already getting my phone out to order a couple and clerk happens by who actually had the key. So he opens the case and they have one of the model I need.:mad:
By then on phone its showing Amazon will have two to me by next day. I ordered and left. Price at Amazon was the same as Wally. All I could think of is why did I bother to stop here?
I can't blame the stores. Blame the muggs at city, county and state government!

Wifey is third man at a major grocery chain store. I usually get my beer at Winco, but forget, so went to Rite Aid near us. Incidentally, the one that will be closing. 'Fing depressing seeing the empty shelves! Creepy third-world bubblegum man. :( It is soul crushing watching this happen. Imagine working in that environment? People should THANK every person that deals with that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top