JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
50 Beowulf AR, been a project since day 1. Over two grand later it sadly sits in the back of the safe because it's safe from me, LOL. Last time I thought it was going to be fixed, only to be disappointed, it went flying across the range (unloaded of course). My buddy asked if I was going to take it home when we were leaving, I said, probably not.
Need more details on this. Sounds like a frustrating project car

Need more details on this. Sounds like a frustrating project car
It's in another thread. Basically have enough parts for two complete rifles now. Everything has been replaced at least once. Barrels, bolts, bolt carriers, upper receivers, several lowers, over a dozen mags, I'm thinking the round just isn't for that platform. Some people have had success, not me. I've tried every type of factory ammo and bullets for reload as well. I had enough components bought already to justify buying a 500 mag, now have two of them. At least the components won't go to waste, LOL.

Bersa Thunder .380. Piss poor design where it's not a matter of IF it will fail, but when, how often and how bad. I've spent more time on that thing just to keep it running than all my other firearms combined.

I got tired of everyone wanting to shoot my purdy walther so I got a BT as a pacifier for them to pass around instead. It worked... and when it's running it's not a bad little plinker, but damned if the design is just an absolute turd and a PITA keeping it running.

I would feel guilty pawning it off on some other unsuspecting soul, but now that the kids are all older and have their own personal rigs... not really sure what to do with it. I tuned it up... again... now living out it's days as a tosser toolbox pistol, but I certainly have no reasonable expectation of anything better than 50/50 odds it would fire more than the first round if I ever needed it. For self defense, I would probably feel more secure stuffing my fingers in my coat pocket and bluffing my way out of danger. ;)

Last Edited:
Bersa Thunder .380. Piss poor design where it's not a matter of IF it will fail, but when, how often and how bad. I've spent more time on that thing just to keep it running than all my other firearms combined.

I got tired of everyone wanting to shoot my purdy walther so I got a BT as a pacifier for them to pass around instead. It worked... and when it's running they all like shooting it, but damned if the design is just an absolute turd and a PITA keeping it running.

I would feel guilty pawning it off on some other unsuspecting soul, but now that the kids are all older and have their own personal rigs... not really sure what to do with it. I tuned it up... again... now living out it's days as a tosser toolbox pistol, but I certainly have no reasonable expectation of anything better than 50/50 odds it would fire more than the first round if I ever needed it. For self defense, I would probably feel more secure stuffing my fingers in my coat pocket and bluffing my way out of danger. ;)
I had a couple of them years ago. One was a great gun and the other was a piece of garbage.

Mini 14 Ranch. I really wanted to like that thing but it was frustratingly inaccurate. The rear sights were plastic junk and it was difficult to mount optics.. It was an expensive gun too. When I sold it I lost 50%

M1 carbine. I read all the stories, but it wasn't until I actually owned one until I realized what a piece of crap it was. So sorry to all the vets, especially in Korea, that had to carry that junk.
I've had 3 of them and I'm down to one (which I'm keeping). Those little carbines spend half of their lives broken. Extractors, bolts, springs.. The mags are absolute garbage. Can't believe the ARVN tried to use them against the SKS & AK of the VC. That is suicide.

My worst purchase so far was a s&w Governor. Dont get me wrong it was really well built but it was huge and only accurate with 45acp. I still am not sure why i bought it as its to big for carry and lacks real power for hunting. I guess it would be a decent home defense gun but i have better options in my arsenal. I traded it to another member for a 70 series colt 1911. Again not a bad gun just more of a novelty in my book
Got all my bad purchases out of the way when I was very young, fortunately. Jennings 22 (garbage), beretta bobcat 22 (horrible, horrible, gun), Erma 22 luger (jam-o-matic), and a bryco 380 (utter garbage). After those early experiences I adopted the motto in my signature line and have good luck ever since. :)

Mini 14 Ranch. I really wanted to like that thing but it was frustratingly inaccurate. The rear sights were plastic junk and it was difficult to mount optics.. It was an expensive gun too. When I sold it I lost 50%

I've had 3 of them and I'm down to one (which I'm keeping). Those little carbines spend half of their lives broken. Extractors, bolts, springs.. The mags are absolute garbage. Can't believe the ARVN tried to use them against the SKS & AK of the VC. That is suicide.
I agree and they cost just as much as a mid grade AR

I agree and they cost just as much as a mid grade AR
back in the day, they didn't cost all that much, I think mine was about $350, it is not a tack driver but I can assure you that you don't want somebody shootin at ya with one. mine is really hard on 6-inch punkins at 100 yards, give that some thought. the only problem I ever had with it, was we were 4 wheelin in 15-degree weather, foggy the thing iced up, and didn't want to cycle. neither did I! LOL

A $15 PIC "Precise Imports Corporation" .25 ACP that Triple-K's catalog described as a gun made with "poor materials and even poorer workmanship." But wait, why is the frame all scratched up where the serial number should be?
Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 10.33.01 PM.png

Actually got my money back on that one. Makes the Raven look like a SiG P-210.

back in the day, they didn't cost all that much, I think mine was about $350, it is not a tack driver but I can assure you that you don't want somebody shootin at ya with one. mine is really hard on 6-inch punkins at 100 yards, give that some thought. the only problem I ever had with it, was we were 4 wheelin in 15-degree weather, foggy the thing iced up, and didn't want to cycle. neither did I! LOL
To be fair i owned the mini 30 not 14 . I was more accurate with my glock at 100 yards lol

I've had a few bad ones over the years so it's difficult to pick the absolute worst. To limit it to things that were bought brand new, though:

TNW Aero Survival Rifle in 9mm probably takes the bottom spot. Poorly made, unreliable with any mags or ammo that I've tried, plus the company and owners have a lousy reputation.

Another that distinguished itself for its lousiness was a Jimenez Arms JA22. Actually worked reasonably well for the first hundred rounds or so and then broke.

I've had a few bad ones over the years so it's difficult to pick the absolute worst. To limit it to things that were bought brand new, though:

TNW Aero Survival Rifle in 9mm probably takes the bottom spot. Poorly made, unreliable with any mags or ammo that I've tried, plus the company and owners have a lousy reputation.

Another that distinguished itself for its lousiness was a Jimenez Arms JA22. Actually worked reasonably well for the first hundred rounds or so and then broke.
Ah Jimenez arms, what a glorious past and reputation (kidding). Company is currently JA industries, after Jimenez arms went bankrupt. Before that they were Bryco arms, which went bankrupt. Before that they were Jennings firearms, which went bankrupt.

50 Beowulf AR, been a project since day 1. Over two grand later it sadly sits in the back of the safe because it's safe from me, LOL. Last time I thought it was going to be fixed, only to be disappointed, it went flying across the range (unloaded of course). My buddy asked if I was going to take it home when we were leaving, I said, probably not.
Just out of curiosity, what issues are you having with it? I bought a bear creek arsenal completed 16" upper and put it on an Aero lower but haven't taken it out yet.

Just out of curiosity, what issues are you having with it? I bought a bear creek arsenal completed 16" upper and put it on an Aero lower but haven't taken it out yet.
Will not go fully into battery. I started with a Bear Creek and there's nothing BC left on the upper at all now as everything has been replaced. This was discussed in great lengths over the past couple years and I've come to the conclusion that I have the absolute worst luck (the kind where you get the one in a million bad parts ten times in a row) or that the cartridge is not a good fit for the AR platform.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews