JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thanks to those of you who were polite. I appreciated hearing about how some of the 10/22 type stuff were bad deals. I think alot of companies and people arnt reputable. Just want people to be aware cz type pistols can be good but maybe magnum research has problems and to eagerly writes thier name on other peoples guns amd has zip care for their customers.

"I think that is a clue. @OP, did you ever consider that you limp wrist?"

I have had some experiences that have caused me to blame malfs on the supernatural, as in angels were whizzing all over the gun I was shooting at the time.
e.g.:
A) Sig 226 or 229 (long time ago) belonging to a lady I was friends with from work. It functioned perfectly for her, but I could not get thru (1) magazine without having 1 or more stoppages. Sig pistols have a reputation for being dependable, nicht wahr? Maybe the gun spirits smiled upon her because she's pretty and smart.
B) Glock G19 - forced to use it because the rangemaster insisted on my using the safety on my Steyr S9. (Finger doesn't work on that force vector) There is no need to document the reliability of the Glock line, but I got a LOT of practice in dealing with stoppages. (BTW I'm not a Glock hater, but I do love my Gen1 Steyr S9). The owner from whom I had borrowed it had enjoyed flawless reliability, and he wasn't any smarter or prettier than me. :D
The S9 always works for me. It is a gun I could to for SD/HD and have no qualms about whether it's going to work. Everybody who handles it likes how it feels in the hand.
C) I have always had a hard time shooting a Beretta 92 and hitting what I shoot at. Not that I can't hit with it, but it sure takes serious concentration. OTOH no such issues with a Cz75, which has similar architecture. Go figure.

Like any number of things the results we get with guns can be subjective, which is why it's a good idea to
1) Look around and try different models before buying. It's as important for your gun to fit you as it for shoes.
2) Shoot the gun you choose enough to know it works before you bet your life that it will. This applies to reevolvulators too.

Just in the interest of full disclosure:
I have never owned a Glock.
The 1911 is the pinnacle of handgun design, still the gold standard after 109 years. Anything subsequent is just different, not better. :eek:
Steyr is the ne plus ultra of plastic pistols. :p
I too like butts and crackers. (Ref. "I Like Big Butts" by Sir Mix-a-Lot, also "Titties and Beer" by the inimitable F. Zappa & Co.).
You can find 3 people to bad mouth just about anything. Do your own research and make up your own mind.
While others are merely opinionated, I am well informed. :D

People who are dissatisfied with a product are much more liable to write negative reviews. Much more so than people who like a product. I have owned a BDE in .40 for several years and find it to be very reliable and easy to shoot with. But I too find the OP's post to be an angry approach. Everyone else seems to be at fault. Stop shopping at SW, buy some 1500 grit sandpaper and do your own polishing. Maybe a calm talk (with pictures!) with customer service instead of a rant will take you much farther.
Next time the anti-gunners have a buy back you'll have a new option.

Last Edited:
Oh im anti gun now. And i ll send the barrel out to those who want to rub sand paper or polish it. There are 2 huge dents in that feed ramp. Lets not attack each other but i thought they were tactical feeding dents to get cartridges to feed better. Pictures dont do the old problem justice. No one can really agree on these mysterious feed ramp missing chunks. Buts lets all be aware of this type of defect.

Oh im anti gun now. And i ll send the barrel out to those who want to rub sand paper or polish it. There are 2 huge dents in that feed ramp. Lets not attack each other but i thought they were tactical feeding dents to get cartridges to feed better. Pictures dont do the old problem justice. No one can really agree on these mysterious feed ramp missing chunks. Buts lets all be aware of this type of defect.
I did not call you anti gun. Read the post. You can always turn in a crappy gun for the $$ ($?)

I am posting that in the genuine hopes that it helps some people understand how their words and actions are perceived by others.

"And i ll send the barrel out to those who want to rub sand paper or polish it. There are 2 huge dents in that feed ramp."

Just for the general edification of my fellow firearms enthusiasts I will share this piece of wisdom I picked up as a gunsmith:
There is a LOT more to cleaning up and improving a feed ramp than just going at it with some unspecified abrasive.
When I left gunsmithing school my 1911 would feed and chamber empty cases.
If you don't know what you're doing it's real easy to come up with a barrel and feed ramp that looks like an all day sucker @ 1400 hrs.
If you also applied your "knowledge" to the frame the gun will never work again, and can not be repaired.
After trigger jobs, this is another thing with the caveat "Professional driver on a test track, do not attempt at home." :eek:

Thanks for warning people about the dangers of altering firearms or parts all on there own. I like when people on here talk about firearms or firearm companys. And to the p7 guy i don't know if thats a weak death threat but like all those who dislike bad gun companies im immortal. Its the trying to warn people that drives them nuts.

In defense of the OP, I have never seen a feed ramp for the BDE look like that, when I look online I also don't see any that look like that. The reasonable thing to do if CS won't help you is to get a new barrel for it and try to recoup your money. Selling it in its current condition probably won't make you a lot of friends and chances are it won't sell on these classifieds as everyone knows the issue now. That being said they should make this right and if they don't that's on them. I have had a couple revolvers they made and I can't say I had any issues other than the cost of ownership and they aren't built as stout as Rugers for about half the cost. Fix, sell, lick wounds and move on with life.

Just made it home and can verify that of the 3 IWI Baby Eagles I do own not one has the notches in the feed ramp like the op. Of the guns I own one gun is steel in 9mm, one is steel in .45 and one is poly in 9mm all IWI imported by Magnum Research.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top