JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh I am not disagreeing with that. Over-regulations is as big a problem as under-regulation. The problem is people often pendulum-swing from one extreme to the other, when what we need is a healthy balance. For example, I do not need the government telling me how much my toilet can flush, I need proper consumer laws that state a manufacturer must accurately tell me how much their toilet flushes and then let me decide how big I want my water bill to be (we are going to ignore many municipalities issue's with subsidized water costs and market distortion for the sake of simplicity).

The problem here is we have two entity's laws interacting in ways detrimental to the end consumer; The U.S. by and large has too much regulation, and China has much too little. And our fearless leader's refusal to recognize that issue and impose import sanctions against China leads to a false sense of confidence for most of our consumers when buying junk from over there. China uses this as an effective transfer of wealth from us to them, using that consumer expectation to drastically over-charge for cheap goods unfit for the claimed service, and denying any kind of liability when the consumer demands recompense for the fraud. As stated above China only takes action when our leaders threaten actual sanctions that will impact the profitability of their exports.

This is not how to run a healthy economy.
There's no pendulum swing. It's just been more and more laws over time.

There's no pendulum swing. It's just been more and more laws over time.
I am talking about people's reaction to the over-regulation. I know a few people who have basically said that there should be no civil laws at all, and everything should be reduced to criminal liability. If it does not rise to the level where someone should go to jail/the gallows then it can be handle purely with reputational consequences. As if there are not people out there willing to change their skin at a moment's notice to prey on new people utilizing a new persona, just like those Chinese bulk consumer goods factories that sell the same product under literally hundreds of different brands. That is taking the pendulum way to far in the opposite direction.

Fair point, I've worked with people like that. We had a customer whose writing style I used to call "Wall of Text". If you're a student of music or a Beatles fan, you may get that reference.
I try not to do the wall-o-text thing, but it always starts that way. I have to proofread and put in paragraph breaks where appropriate, and even then I do not catch everything. Then there is my tendency to ramble on and expound on every minor point and try to cover every angle. What started as a quick aside winds up being a mini-novella that did not just go down a single rabbit hole, but every damn rabbit hole in the field. Typing fast simply became a necessity if I was ever going to get anything else done with my life.

Now my handwriting on the other hand. . . .

I try not to do the wall-o-text thing, but it always starts that way. I have to proofread and put in paragraph breaks where appropriate, and even then I do not catch everything. Then there is my tendency to ramble on and expound on every minor point and try to cover every angle. What started as a quick aside winds up being a mini-novella that did not just go down a single rabbit hole, but every damn rabbit hole in the field. Typing fast simply became a necessity if I was ever going to get anything else done with my life.

Can't be as bad as this Russian doctor lol t89l4ivkh6z21.jpg

Context, Cyrillic cursive should look more like the below image :s0140:

b37ef3_81f40957ac8248b1a19a75f5bb8b3d3e.jpg

I've typed entire paragraphs that didn't make it to the final draft. Oh, draft! It's after 5:00. I'll be back later.

Can't be as bad as this Russian doctor lolView attachment 1747797

Context, Cyrillic cursive should look more like the below image :s0140:

View attachment 1747796
Hey now, I don't need you doxing me like that ;-)

I don't do cursive at all, because it actually does look pretty close to that. When I write I use chicken scratch print, since that is the only hope I have of it being legible to others. If I can be as legible as a kindergartner I count it as a success.

Buy one then glue a rat trap inside, if it will still slam shut that is, and place in various areas theives would first look.

But heck, here in America you'd probably get sued if a thief actually did hurt themselves on it while trying to rob you.
There was a show on FX, Mr In between. Had a scene like that. Someone is going to kill him. He bribes them by telling them he has a large stash of cash they can have. Leads them to a house, breaks a wall, there is a small box type safe. He claims he does not have the combo tells them to buy a torch and cut it. When they do he has it wired with a hand grenade so when they open the safe it pulls the pin. Over the top damn but it was funny to watch.

My mind was "Thinking".
Why not?
Just place a sticker with the wrong combination on the safe's door (in plain view).
Yeah....the perp will waste all of his/her time trying the combination that was provided.
Maybe, he'll/she'll eventually give up. Won't break the safe while trying to make entry and no one gets hurt.

+++++++++++

View attachment 1747316

++++++++++++

Awwwww........Come On Man
I always forget the combination. So, my wife puts the correct combination on the sticker.

Actually not a bad idea, especially on digital safe locks with a 'three wrong try' lockout function
Not a bad idea, especially for digital safe locks with the 'third time wrong try' lockout

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top