JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sig P320. Nothing wrong with the gun except I can't shoot it accurately. I have other Sigs, P220, P229, SP2022. I can shoot those reasonably well. I sold to P320 with a good conscious. It just didn't work for me.

Beretta 70S in 380. Bought and sold it almost 40 years ago.

Uncomfortable ergonomics, mag release in the grip-butt, single action, stiff safety, horrible sights, inaccurate and kicked like mule.

Pretty pistol. Still wish I had it, just to look at. LOL

Mini 14 Ranch. I really wanted to like that thing but it was frustratingly inaccurate. The rear sights were plastic junk and it was difficult to mount optics.. It was an expensive gun too. When I sold it I lost 50%
I love my mini! It's a great plinker. The factory sights are junk though, I replaced mine with M1 sights. Had to re-blue the barrel, bit was worth it. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it.

1654740479957.jpeg

Last Edited:
Used Rossi rifle that would not feed any rounds at all. . .
In retrospect, knowing what I know now about lever guns, I prob could have fixed it.

But it was the first lever gun I ever bought so I was sorta ignorant on the topic.

North American Arms revolver. Brand new. Removed the cylinder to dry fire it and the hand dropped into my lap. Took over a month for the repair, then when I dry fired it again, the hand broke AGAIN! Apparently NAA uses a Metal Injection Molding process to make their guns. I think we used to call that Pot Metal.

Heritage Range Rider revolving rifle. First-time shooter (the missus) put three cylinders through it before it went into Alec Baldwin mode. Pull back the hammer, and it immediately dropped without touching the trigger. Heritage says they fixed it but I haven't taken it back to the range.

North American Arms revolver. Brand new. Removed the cylinder to dry fire it and the hand dropped into my lap. Took over a month for the repair, then when I dry fired it again, the hand broke AGAIN!
It's a 22. . . Why would you dry fire a 22?
Why would you remove the cylinder to dry fire it? That allows the firing pin assembly to over travel. . .

Use snap caps to dry fire a 22.

As far as I know, SIG P322 is the only 22 that teh manufacturer states is safe to dry fire on a regular basis.

I bought a .22 semi-auto from Montgomery Wards (mom had to sign for it, 1972) when I was 15. Beautiful gun with nice wood, checkered grip and forearm, tube feed, really nice looking. One evening I was shooting at our farm and it fired out of battery. Hit me with brass and I traded it soon after. I just wish I knew who made it. Nicest looking .22 I have ever owned.
Stuck at my computer while a program does it's thing so I decided to look. Maybe this one? Western Field was the Montgomery Wards store brand

OMG, that's it, including the heavy leather sling! I think you'll agree, it's stellar looking. Thanks a ton for the trip down memory lane! This beautiful gun, like an old girlfriend or two, just didn't live up to the hype.

Thanks again.

My worst purchase ever. Over the years, I've had hundreds of guns pass through my hands. In all of those, you'd expect a few stinkers just by the law of averages. And I've had a few. But in this case, I will pinpoint one in particular.

S.A.M. (Shooters Arms Manufacturing) 1911 clone in .38 Super. Made in the Philippines. It was a price point purchase at $250, what can go wrong, right? Everything. With a target at seven (7) yards, it wouldn't print on paper. The slide stop would fall out uninvited, then the slide and barrel would fall off. This would happen while shooting.

Hands-down a "Smolt". Smith & Wesson and Colt mix. It was something like a model 17/18 with a diamondback barrel on it. Guy said that a gunsmith had done all the work- super accurate....... For anyone standing behind it (read, pulling the trigger) it would spit lead because of bad timing as bad as a kid having to taste that wonderful concoction that people call fruitcake. It didn't stick around long and went down the road.

M1 carbine. I read all the stories, but it wasn't until I actually owned one until I realized what a piece of crap it was. So sorry to all the vets, especially in Korea, that had to carry that junk.
Recently, I re-watched the HBO series, "Band of Brothers." Many of the 101st soldiers were shown with M1 Carbines. The scenes where they were in urban combat, fighting in built up areas, the Carbine seemed like a poor choice. I've read before that the Carbine was designed for use by rear echelon and support personnel, also officers. Which the 101st AB was not, with the exception of the presence of officers.

My father-in-law was a combat marine in WW2. I asked him about this. In his squads, the marines all had M1 Rifles, except the BAR man. The officers and NCO's were issued M1 Carbines but his words were, "Any leader who took his shooting seriously carried an M1 Rifle." His first tour in the Pacific was Aug. 42 to Aug. 43. Convalescent leave Sept. 43 to Apr. 44. Second tour, Apr. 44 to Sept. 45. During his first tour, his unit changed from the 03 Springfield to the M1 Rifle. Regretted at first, they quickly learned to like the M1 Rifle self loading feature.

fn 49. the pistol, not the rifle. chambered in 40.
lousy trigger.
multiple failure to fires across many brands of ammo.
returned for customer service support
still wasnt working

sold it to a friend with full knowledge of my issues

Bersa thunder .380 bought for my wife was absolute trash. Stovepipe, fail to feed, fail to eject, fail to fire, tried a variety of different ammunition. Didn't like to eat anything we put in it. Just garbage all the way around. Went with rm380 instead. It ate everything with no hesitation, and accurate enough for up close and personal. Better build in every way. Absolutely no regrets.

I like my M1 Carbine. practically no recoil, shoots well.

Polish P83 Wanad. I like old com block weapons, I have a few tokarevs and Makarovs. I like the p64, so I thought I would get a later development. If you like cuts from rough sheet metal you would love my Wanad. Do you like trigger pulls that make a nagant revolver in DA mode feel like a hair trigger? If so, my Wanad is the gun you are looking for. I can't quite bring myself to inflict it on anyone else. I have shot it a couple of times and it always goes bang. Also, the 9mm Makarov it fires magically seems to increase in recoil on that one. On the plus side, I did not pay much for it. On the minus side, I think a $20 background check might be overpriced for it.

I don't know about you guys hating on the little M1 Carbine; a lot of people love them, including me. You must have gotten a bad one, commercial copy, bad magazines?

I've had mine for about 35 years, shot many thousands of rounds through it. It's one I'd never let go of. One of my boys will end up with it some day. I've replaced one extractor and the main spring. Not bad for an 80 year old gun.

They made six million of them during WWII, numerous manufacturers working cooperatively, then several more companies made copies for decades after the war. Some are a lot better than others. Magazines are a weak point. When I used good condition GI magazines, I don't remember ever having malfunctions with either of my carbines. A worn or junky aftermarket mag will turn it into a jam-o-matic. I remember an article I read once, a Pacific theater veteran said that his unit switched out their magazines regularly, never took a used magazine into combat if they could help it. He said that once they learned that trick, their carbines were very reliable arms.

They say they were either loved or hated during the war- loved by those using them for their intended role or in an urban or otherwise short-distance environment, but often hated by those who should have been issued a rifle instead. The little carbine round just wasn't made for long distance shooting.

It's all moot though, really. Carbines have become so collectible now that it's hard to find a real one for under $1,000. Nobody buys them for practical shooters anymore. For their time and purpose, I think they were a great gun.

Last Edited:
One of the things I always get a chuckle out of is the myth that the M1 carbine round is so weak and underpowered that they wouldn't even penetrate the heavy winter coats that the Chinese troops wore in Korea.

Then you will hear talk about what a high-velocity, armor-piercing powerhouse the 7.62x25 round is. Funny thing, both shoot a little round-nose .30 caliber bullet, except the M1 carbine bullet is 30% heavier and going several hundred fps faster.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top