JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh man, that was a great video! I loved the end when the 3 girls literally jumped back when the guy racked the 870 in demonstration. That sound has literally been burned into the minds of Hollywoodlandias like "DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON!"

Yeah, goes to show how people can talk a good talk and believe they actually know what they are talking about until they actually experience it in real life. Then, as the video shows, people are conflicted because the new information doesn't fit with their old ideas. These newbies felt f-ed up that they enjoyed the rush of power firing guns, and then struggled to squeeze their teeny-tiny Anti- ideas back on their heads like a baseball cap that's now too small to fit.

Not once did they stop to consider what they were mentally doing to guns they could easily apply to motorcycles and see the absurdities of their position. "Wow, what a rush it is to ride motorcycles but I know statistics showing how freeking dangerous bikes are, so we should all just grow up and ban motorcycles for the good of everyone involved."

None of us are exempt from that thinking process BTW. We all believe we know what we are talking about before living the experience. Some of us are courageous enough to actually experience whatever we demonized and often find it ain't half-bad. We then feel all weird and slightly guilty that we actually liked what we previously demonized. then some actually change our positions and grow from the experience while others hunker down and deny their experience in favor of their their mental positions. It's how we grow (or not).

:s0065:

I think once a thread has not been posted on for over a year, you may want to just start a new thread... No reason to wake the dead;)

What about the woman who said it was kind of enjoyable, but then was getting sickened by realizing that she was enjoying it?

Exactly. They have been told what to think and how to feel for so long that their own thoughts and feelings confuse them.

I have to say that when I met my wife she would fit into that video perfectly. Never touched a gun, not interested, guns are scary and not needed.

First trip out she shot one round from a pistol and was done. Long story short is that she did a 180 and shoots pistol better than I do now. Sometimes getting a hands on experience is much more valuable than all the "knowledge" others throw at you.

Hehe, I would have found a beat up 340 weatherby, cut it way down and hollowed out the stock to get it as light as possible, and then mount the scope with the adjustment turret against the rear ring or the objective bell against the front ring, whatever comes first. Unscrew the rubber eyepiece guard and tell em to hold it nice and loose....

When Liberals shoot guns PPL die
th?id=OIP.Ma20a27354864b1d236111132811a8163o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=221&h=166.jpg

th?id=OIP.Md58a8e8dd2d0d59457f50547c4e5de05H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=235&h=184.jpg

th?id=OIP.Mb091dbd01d250a911fe4334740c65d05o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=247&h=177.jpg

th?id=OIP.Ma20a27354864b1d236111132811a8163o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=221&h=166.jpg

th?id=OIP.Md58a8e8dd2d0d59457f50547c4e5de05H0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=235&h=184.jpg

th?id=OIP.Mb091dbd01d250a911fe4334740c65d05o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=247&h=177.jpg

There was not one word out of their mouths that was not an emotion SPOCK would go insane talking to those emoters no wonder one cannot have a logical debate with them. Whatever happened to their believe in Darwinism

There was not one word out of their mouths that was not an emotion SPOCK would go insane talking to those emoters no wonder one cannot have a logical debate with them. Whatever happened to their believe in Darwinism
They only cite Darwin to justify the murder of children, much as Hitler cited Margret Sanger, who cited Darwin to do the same
th?id=OIP.M085db8862bb7ef86722f4a71bf6d32fao2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=244&h=174.jpg
When Liberals have guns, innocent PPL die

th?id=OIP.M085db8862bb7ef86722f4a71bf6d32fao2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=244&h=174.jpg

A decaying social system we live in! That is what this really is! When I see people of all ages texting instead of enter acting with each other in person, That is where it starts! When there is a social "curtain" between people who cannot communicate with each other, how can you spread information and common sense? Many, many of these young people have no idea how to converse with each other in person, its like they get stage fright in a one on one engagement! They would rather use social media on line then do it "LIVE" I firmly blame the Social media and its over use as a major cause of this. I call this the "WIKIPEDIA SYNDROME" Every thing on there must be fact because it is supposed to be fact, like the old encyclopedia. Just because some one posts something there as fact doesn't mean it actually is!!! When it is so easy to be miss informed or miss lead buy un factual media, and these poor souls take what they see as absolute truth, we have a major problem! I doubt many if any have ever had a real fist on fist fight, I bet many have never physically had to ever defend them selves. This is also a major problem! We have enacted laws forbidding this, and that takes the "learning how to protect and defend your self" Out of our society!

It would have helpful if, in the beginning, the instructor had said, "It's just a machine, people, calm the he11 down!"

Somehow I missed this vid the first time around! Silly hippies!

I've never met anybody in my life that has the mind-set of your so-called 'liberals'. Here in yUK, when anybody asks what you do for sport, and you mention shooting, you usually get one of three responses.

1. That's interesting, I've always wanted to get into that, dunno why I haven't......

2. Not for me, I had enough shooting in the Forces......

3. Oh, that's nice.......................................not my cup of tea, though.

tac

A slice of young liberal life today...Gaby - " boy that one shot took a lot out of me, I'm ready to go home and take a nap". That's enough work for the day...was that an hour I worked...where's my $15 ?

Ethan Miller/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Grace Downs
a day ago Lifestyle

I've never understood guns — why people love them so much, why they think it's fun to shoot them, why they collect them. I was always simply terrified of guns — which was extra difficult, given that I grew up in the South, nearly surrounded by them. My mother claimed to have one tucked away somewhere in the house when I was growing up, but I never believed her, because I never saw it. My cousins used to shoot BB guns in the backyard on holidays while I would stand on the porch and watch. I went to parties in middle school and high school where we hung out in some basement next to someone's ridiculous gun collection. As soon as anyone started to get the guns out to show them off, I hightailed it out of there. I hated being in the same room as a gun, and I didn't want to know or understand how they worked. I didn't think you needed to know how a gun worked, or what it felt like to use one, in order to know that they were dangerous.

mass shootings in the U.S. began to rise from the time I was in middle school, which seemed to confirm my wariness of firearms. In 2009, while I was working less than a mile away at a restaurant in downtown Athens, Georgia, a professor shot and killed three people in broad daylight at a local theater I had attended and worked at many times throughout my childhood. My classmates and family friends were witnesses to and victims of senseless violence.

After that, it seemed to snowball. Fort Hood, Tucson, Aurora, Newtown, Santa Barbara. I was at a loss. My fear of guns wasn't irrational now, based only on movies and The O.C. It was real; people were buying guns legally and using them to kill strangers. I wondered how anyone could possibly defend guns throughout all of this. Sure, I had never touched a gun, but I knew I didn't need to. I could tell that they held no attraction or power for me, and was baffled by those for whom they did.

[

Which doesn't mean I didn't have any friends who loved guns. One gun-loving friend — who, lest you jump to stereotypes, is a liberal, worldly lesbian woman studying intellectual property law — accompanied me on a weekend trip to Tennessee. We spent the day mudding (an activity in which, yes, you drive your car through mud) and drinking cheap beer. Eventually, she and her sister wanted to go shooting. I had been quietly having a panic attack about the presence of guns all weekend, but this was it. Something changed in me. I wanted to know. I had spent so long trying to block out the very existence of guns, but now I wanted to see what the fuss was about. Is there some thrilling full-body sensation when you pull the trigger? Is hitting your target as satisfying as it is in darts? Do you secretly need some great inner strength to hold your own against the recoil? I wondered, on some level, if this would explain the passion so many people around me had for guns.

They assured me that everything was safe, we made sure the area was clear, and I shot a gun at a target for the first time in my life. I didn't feel a rush or a sudden sense of power. I felt nothing. I shot again. Nothing. I shot another gun, and I still felt nothing. There was no thrill here. This is what people were defending? I felt a disconnect. Sure, I've wielded weapons before. I taught archery for many years, I've chopped wood, and I've fenced. My entire family is military. I love so many aspects of Southern culture, and I am proud that our rights to personal property are protected in the United States.

But that moment confirmed that for me, the risks and the repercussions of owning guns greatly outweigh the fun, culture, and tradition associated with them. In 2015 alone, there were 372 mass shootings in the U.S., resulting in the deaths of 475 people. More often than not, these guns were bought legally, and the shootings were committed by people with no record. We can't control when people snap. We can't control for things like toxic masculinity, white supremacy, extremist religious beliefs, or terrorist activity. What we can control are the guns — when, where, how, and to whom they are sold. As I put down that gun that day, I knew that more than ever, I believed that to be true.

Last week, Barack Obama issued executive orders to improve gun control, through actions like taking control of gun show sales and increasing background checks. I believe that none of this is a threat to anyone's culture or rights. I believe that you can hold on to your culture, your history, your Second Amendment, and that there can still be less gun violence.

[]

b59dbc70-8a4b-0133-b2de-0e438b3b98d1.jpg 504165794.jpg

b59dbc70-8a4b-0133-b2de-0e438b3b98d1.jpg

504165794.jpg

More often than not, these guns were bought legally, and the shootings were committed by people with no record. We can't control when people snap. We can't control for things like toxic masculinity, white supremacy, extremist religious beliefs, or terrorist activity. What we can control are the guns — when, where, how, and to whom they are sold. As I put down that gun that day, I knew that more than ever, I believed that to be true.

Hardly a surprising result, considering her main factor regarding whether she is okay with guns is whether or not they are "fun" to her. What a bat crap messed up brain this girly has. While guns do have a 'fun' aspect for many people, that is not the main purpose. Guns are first and foremost a tool, a very effective tool to protect and save lives, a point she completely ignores in her article. But it gets worse.

In the statement above, she actually contradicts herself earlier in the same damn paragraph. She starts by saying the guns used in most shootings were bought legally and by people with no record. Then she jumps a few sentences, to say that, after all things we can't control, we can control who buys a gun. What??? What is she proposing we do, that isn't already being done? Background checks have failed on numerous big name shootings. What more can be done? If people pass the BGC and have no record, then how do you propose keeping guns out of their hands in the first place? I think she knows where she's headed with that thought pattern, she just didn't come out and say it - all out confiscation and a ban on ALL firearms.

It's sad to see folks with such limited intellectual capacity for reasoning (or the lack thereof) getting exposure to share their misinformed and misguided views on a public that is equally misinformed and misguided - and we end up paying the price in loss of liberty. Sick, sick people out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top