JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would suggest buying a complete rifle first for better resale vs a parts gun if you don't bond with it.

What is the actual number you are willing to spend io it, without optics?

I was looking at the psa ar rifles at less than 500 to get my ar experience started.
Yup. There ya go.

The other thing you could do is see what shops have in stock in town. Today.

If you see something which strikes your fancy & your budget, then you can buy it & start the BGC today.

Your kind of in an odd predicament because the measure 114 stay might get overturned. Might not. (forgot about such in my prior recommendation).

AND you don't know what you want, just an entry level AR. So see if anyone has one in stock in store.

Palmetto is great, however there shipping can be a bit drawn out. Figure 10 days+ for an FFL item. Order placed to at FFL.

Buds is about 7 days. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Yup. There ya go.

The other thing you could do is see what shops have in stock in town. Today.

If you see something which strikes your fancy & your budget, then you can buy it & start the BGC today.

Your kind of in an odd predicament because the measure 114 stay might get overturned. Might not. (forgot about such in my prior recommendation).

AND you don't know what you want, just an entry level AR. So see if anyone has one in stock in store.

Palmetto is great, however there shipping can be a bit drawn out. Figure 10 days+ for an FFL item. Order placed to at FFL.

Buds is about 7 days. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
My JAKL took approximately 3 weeks to get into my hands after pressing "confirm order."

PSA puts their guns on a rented donkey, points in the general direction of the customer and slaps it's butt real hard. I'd probably pass on them at this time just for that reason. Otherwise very good guns for the money

Lots of good information posted by the nwfa faithful. Leaning towards the psa rifles. USA made and many satisfied customers. Would like it shipped to coat of arms in Keizer for the legal stuff. What is the procedure to get this done? Thanks for your help and support. Hell yeah

PSA has Coat of Arms FFL info, so you would select him at checkout.

-As a courtesy you might give him a call before you order.

Edit: he might have something in or on consignment (if he still does such) which may interest you...

PSA for bargains, but if you want better accuracy and factory support, I strongly suggest taking a look at the new S&W M&P 15 Sport 3. Now offered with free float hand guard,, 1 in 8" twist 5R barrel and mid length gas system. All for SRP of $799. My original Sport is significantly more accurate than my PSA products, even though it lacks those additional features. If I was ALLOWED to purchase one today, that is what I would buy. And if Bob Ferguson is elected governor, I will buy one when my move to Idaho is complete. (Still praying the U S Supreme Court overturns Washington State's unconstitutional laws regarding "assault rifles" and factory magazine capacities. Would prefer to stay here, but yearn to be free :()
https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-15-sport-iii

Save enough $$$ for a good optic, if your sighting isn't good, you won't hit no matter how budget or Gucci your rifle is. Ditto for a light and sling. And mags.

I'll through my 2 cents in.
The ruger ar 556 was my first and it was perfect.
Budget friendly, basic, easy to mod, and flawless reliability.
Great entry option in my opinion.

I have no complaints with the several PSAs I've owned. However I've found that I dislike the AR style charging handle, and ended up migrating all of mine to side- or forward-charging uppers. If you're planning on running a magnified optic, might be worth considering.

Not sure it matters much for entry level unless you are buying complete garbage. All the recommendations above imo are good. dB15 is another great one for less than $500 on sale (search gun deals website).

Here is my PSA complete lower plus bear creak arsenal complete upper. Total cost as I recall was $318 but you can get that under $300 total if you watch the sales. That $318 doesn't include foregrip and scope but does include dual charging stainless heavy fluted barrel upper.

892FE428-68BC-4586-A504-5AD924011036.jpeg

Go with the Ruger AR 556 with free floating handguard! They are not too expensive and are super reliable - it is a semi-auto manufactured by Ruger. They have probably produced more semi auto rifles than any other manufacturer out there so you can definitely count on their reliability. I have one and it has been awesome, just check out the reviews they are all pretty much positive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top