JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, this just popped up in my feed. Rather timely, given the discussion.

Short version, they put a PSA upper on a registered full auto lower and put a suppressor on it to see how long it would last, knowing FA and suppressed would increase wear. They ran 3 mags at a time, then let the gun cool to ambient temp. By 6k the barrel was toast. Their summary is:
- the barrel should not burn out that quickly, so that was a concern
- it's not exactly to mil spec, but it provided surprisingly good accuracy and reliability up to about the 5k mark. After that it went downhill fast
- if you're not doing a lot of running and gunning it's an adequate platform, and in the worst case you can always send it back to PSA under warranty for repair/ replacement
- if you're going to be training heavily, probably worth getting something of higher quality
- if you had to pick between something nice and no ammo to go with it vs a PSA and a thousand rounds of ammo, they would absolutely pick the PSA and the ammo, because the more ammo you have the more you can train, and the more you train the more effective you will be with whatever weapon you have.

View: https://youtu.be/cHGtjx_2qbQ?feature=shared
Excellent discussion at the 21:20 mark. When comparing the knights armament upper to this one we have to realize that for the KA upper, the charging handle alone costs $300. For the psa upper, the charging handle, bolt carrier group, handguard, barrel, upper, muzzle device, gas block, etc ALL costs $300. So that's a bit like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Kia Rio.

Also I have to wonder if the knights armamanet was run full auto with minimal cleaning/lube all at once in a torture test like this one (ie very hot which increases wear dramatically) or was it more normal use over time?

I bet on the PSA barrel in normal use it would be fine. I don't think shooting 6000 rounds full auto in one day is within the expected use for their $300 complete upper.

Last Edited:
Excellent discussion at the 21:20 mark. When comparing the knights armament upper to this one we have to realize that for the KA upper, the charging handle alone costs $300. For the psa upper, the charging handle, bolt carrier group, handguard, barrel, upper, muzzle device, gas block, etc ALL costs $300. So that's a bit like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Kia Rio.

Also I have to wonder if the knights armamanet was run full auto with minimal cleaning/lube all at once in a torture test like this one (ie very hot which increases wear dramatically) or was it more normal use over time?

I bet on the PSA barrel in normal use it would be fine. I don't think shooting 6000 rounds full auto in one day is within the expected use for their $300 complete upper.
Yeah, this definitely seemed like a "worst case scenario" test. If you clean and lube after each outing you'll greatly increase the longevity of the gun. Also, to put 6k rounds in perspective, if you went to the range every month like clockwork and shot 200rds, you would hit the 6k mark in 2.5 years.

Yeah, this definitely seemed like a "worst case scenario" test. If you clean and lube after each outing you'll greatly increase the longevity of the gun. Also, to put 6k rounds in perspective, if you went to the range every month like clockwork and shot 200rds, you would hit the 6k mark in 2.5 years.
Yep that's like $3000 worth of ammo through the $300 upper and then you would have to change the bolt and barrel. I think performed very well for $300. I look at it similar to bear creek arsenal. Excellent upper to play around with new calibers to see how you like it, range use, etc. but not a go to war weapon. Just like a $600 aimpoint is a go to war optic. Don't need that on every gun unless every gun you have is a go to war gun ($$$$$$$$$).

He said they ran it full auto 3 mags at a time..followed by a cooldown to ambient

Well, this just popped up in my feed. Rather timely, given the discussion.

Short version, they put a PSA upper on a registered full auto lower and put a suppressor on it to see how long it would last, knowing FA and suppressed would increase wear. They ran 3 mags at a time, then let the gun cool to ambient temp. By 6k the barrel was toast. Their summary is:
- the barrel should not burn out that quickly, so that was a concern
- it's not exactly to mil spec, but it provided surprisingly good accuracy and reliability up to about the 5k mark. After that it went downhill fast
- if you're not doing a lot of running and gunning it's an adequate platform, and in the worst case you can always send it back to PSA under warranty for repair/ replacement
- if you're going to be training heavily, probably worth getting something of higher quality
- if you had to pick between something nice and no ammo to go with it vs a PSA and a thousand rounds of ammo, they would absolutely pick the PSA and the ammo, because the more ammo you have the more you can train, and the more you train the more effective you will be with whatever weapon you have.

View: https://youtu.be/cHGtjx_2qbQ?feature=shared
I want to see more videos with this guy. He really knows his stuff. I learned a ton from his short segments.

E57F2991-CF5A-4A01-9D88-64B938EC4DE0.png

The M&P Sport II...or I think the III either just came out or is about to come out, has always been a solid value rifle.

If you want to spend a bit more money for something you could, most certainly, pass down to your kids, then either BCM or Daniel Defense. And there are TONS of others of course.

I get it .I will send out notifications to all when I will be protecting my family and property. Or I will use the glock or sig 40 cal slo and weak process. Yippee Kai Yippee. Where's my cat. Orange is the new black. Hoo knew.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top