JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A P320 doesn't do it for them, either. So far, every attempt at people implicating a P320 magically firing on its own accord upon its owner has been debunked by evidence later found that points to poor/inappropriate gun handling.
Except this time...

Except this time...
Maybe not...

I would like to know more of what went on when the perp's leg hit the officer's gun. Clearly, there was some form of interference with the holster/gun there. Did that interference cause the gun to discharge? I don't know. And I'm not claiming that I do know. But I can honestly say that the perp's leg hit the gun in its holster. Might that fact have a bearing upon this situation? I think it does...

To blame only the gun at this point in time is a rather spurious conclusion, when there hasn't even been an investigation. I'm going to wait and see what that investigation reveals before I stop carrying my P320. Every investigation in the past has concluded these "uncommanded" discharges were ultimately the fault of the guns' owners, not the guns' fault.

Last Edited:
Maybe not...
… But I can honestly say that the perp's leg hit the gun in its holster. Might that fact have a bearing upon this situation? I think it does...

To blame only the gun at this point in time is a rather spurious conclusion, …
I am completely indifferent if the leg hit the gun in the holster. A gun should not fire in that situation. Period; full stop. That it "may have a bearing upon this situation" is true. This gun likely would not have discharged without the incidental contact in the arrest. But that should not cause a gun to discharge and does not absolve anything.

It is very clear from the video the massive number of 320 issues have a very solid footing in some kind of design defect. Too many trained professionals have had the gun discharge while holstered. This video is rapidly going to become "Plaintiff's Exhibit C" in a whole raft of lawsuits.

I am completely indifferent if the leg hit the gun in the holster. A gun should not fire in that situation. Period; full stop. That it "may have a bearing upon this situation" is true. This gun likely would not have discharged without the incidental contact in the arrest. But that should not cause a gun to discharge and does not absolve anything.
So, are you making the assumption that I think the gun fired just because the leg hit the holster? Cuz if you are, then your assumption is wrong. Are you not going to consider the possibility that there may have been foreign material within the holster that, when hit by the leg, caused the trigger to pull and the gun to fire? Cuz that would be something that I would like to wait for the investigation to determine. Period; full stop.

It is very clear from the video the massive number of 320 issues have a very solid footing in some kind of design defect. Too many trained professionals have had the gun discharge while holstered. This video is rapidly going to become "Plaintiff's Exhibit C" in a whole raft of lawsuits.
Every one of those claims of "the massive number of 320 issues", where investigations have been concluded, have shown the gun handler to be at fault. Please cite a single adjudicated court case where the SIG P320 was indisputably at fault.

Last Edited:
This one was caught on Video officers holstered sig discharged

The police department is spending 20K to replace its Sigs with Glock after the discharge

Wow good video. You can clearly see that the trigger is v covered in the holster and when the gun goes off. Looks to me like the detainee's leg hit the pistol when he picked him up which caused it to go off (Basically the same as a drop discharge).

Do you know was this gun after drop safety recall or before. If before it's the same issue as not drop safe issue. If after the. It would be similar to the Richland wa guy's 2 videos who said it went off in the holster. In that case sig said the spring was faulty. If this gun was post recall then it could be the same flaw.

Gun going off
518F3AD2-491D-486E-81AC-572543CBF681.jpeg
324684F8-5DCD-41DB-AC49-35ACE031332B.jpeg
Looks to me like gun had a proteuding red dot maybe and the perps leg hit that when he raised his legs up

Red dot?
FC24389F-5557-421C-8DC4-7641EEA84E87.jpeg

Strange..... I didn't even "click" the video, and it started playing.

:rolleyes:__:D

For the real Didn't Clickers -
View attachment 1461057
View attachment 1461081
click for the big picture...arrow parallel to the path of the discharged round.
Wow just saw your post and you posted exactly the same stills as me and even used the same arrow. Sorry I wouldn't have posted if I saw yours. Great minds and all... ha ha!

Can anybody tell what kind of holster that is? I'm having trouble getting a clear look. Basically I'm wondering whether is some type of nylon or if it's kidded or leather. If it's a soft type then leg could have hit trigger but I cant imagine a cop using that type of holster? One view shows that the holster has the gun set about 1" or more away from his hip. I'll try to find that screenshot.

Here is one that shows how gun is way far away from his body and at an angle. What holster is this I wonder? If this is a soft nylon type holster (for the part that is holding the gun, not the frame of the holster I mean) then one can't rule out that the trigger was hit by the leg. Extremely hard to tell but sort of looks like the portion surrounding the gun and trigger has a fold in it a bit, like it's soft nylon/elastic.

188AF6DE-C0FE-4917-9FDF-6164DA5A2970.jpeg

Last Edited:
Maybe not...

I would like to know more of what went on when the perp's leg hit the officer's gun. Clearly, there was some form of interference with the holster/gun there. Did that interference cause the gun to discharge? I don't know. And I'm not claiming that I do know. But I can honestly say that the perp's leg hit the gun in its holster. Might that fact have a bearing upon this situation? I think it does...

To blame only the gun at this point in time is a rather spurious conclusion, when there hasn't even been an investigation. I'm going to wait and see what that investigation reveals before I stop carrying my P320. Every investigation in the past has concluded these "uncommanded" discharges were ultimately the fault of the guns' owners, not the guns' fault.
I've got it, the officers gun had a non department hair trigger (illegally installed of course) and it appears that the perp has really hairy legs and one of them hairs was tickling that trigger when he got picked up.
So that's my interpretation of what happened, read em and weep fella's.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads