JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IIRC that mess was when they had a strike at the plant. They hired a bunch of people to run the place many of who of course did not know what they were doing. Then a bunch of bad stuff got out the door. I remember a large recall where they replaced the tires with new and the dealer would drill a large hole in the sidewall of the take offs.
1992-1994 I was commuting from Corona to Long Beach usually by motorcycle. The number of Sig-Alerts, where they shut down the frwy, was crazy. A lot of Jeep Cherokees sitting on their roofs. Especially at frwy interchanges. More than once I saw the Firestone tires. I think it was more a case of LA drivers not being used to high profile vehicles and balloon tires. I think Firestone was just the odds of being a large replacement tire chain in SoCal.

Yes, this has nothing to do with the thread of the negligent discharge. But I always think, Uncle Mike's holsters strike again.

Doesn't say he dropped the pistol and it went off, :s0092:
so he must have had his bugger hook on the trigger. :rolleyes:

A restaurant in Redmond....Gates Ville Liberals..:cool:
What an a$$-hat thing to say.

I used to live a few blocks from there, and I know the restaurant. There's no reason to tar people because you disapprove of their zip code out of sheer ignorance.

What an a$$-hat thing to say.

I used to live a few blocks from there, and I know the restaurant. There's no reason to tar people because you disapprove of their zip code out of sheer ignorance.
You're right. Let me rephrase that, "Redmond Gates Ville Liberals." :eek:
Been there, worked there, lived there....Nuf said. :cool:

It sounds like a Glock to me. Studies have shown that cheap Tupperware guns without external safeties will just go off with unsatisfactory user training.
So said the NYPD when they switched from revolvers to Glocks - "UNSATISFACTORY USER TRAINING" - or so the story goes. Gave birth to the "New York Trigger Spring".

Found this on Reddit so caveat emptor, or something.

065409ED-B7A8-47A2-B265-BDA27A78FA73.jpeg

A man is facing reckless endangerment charges after his gun fired in a Redmond restaurant and injured two people.

Around 7:55 p.m., Redmond police were sent to Sages Restaurant in the 15900 block of NE 83rd Street after receiving reports of a shooting.

Police say a man entered the restaurant with a gun he was legally carrying. The gun discharged, ricocheted off the floor, and hit one person in the elbow. Another person was struck by the shrapnel of the bullet. Both people who were injured were taken to local hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.

The shooting suspect left the scene before authorities arrived, but later surrendered himself and gun at the Redmond police station.

Detectives believe that the gun firing was "negligent" and say the man did not know the two people who were injured.

The shooting suspect was booked into Score Jail without incident and has been charged with reckless endangerment.

The boogerhook is strong in this one.

This is one of the risks of carrying a gun around everywhere you go. No matter how careful people may be, bad things can happen. My dad had this theory about "exposure rate." That is, the more you do something (drive, fly, whatever), the chance of mishap is increased. He was referring specifically to driving. He invoked this concept when I was a new driver, emphasizing that if you're gonna go out cruising around in circles just for the fun of it, expect more trouble. It just is. Exposure is a basic element of rate calculation in the insurance industry.

So, bad things take different forms. You've got to figure out which is more likely, needing a firearm for self defense or an ND / AD discharge happening. I don't know the stats for those two likelihoods. We can think we are the most careful person around and bad things still happen. I don't know how many times I've filled a drinking glass in my life, yet I still spill one once in a while.

None of which accounts for acts of idiocy.

I've lived within a mile of where that restaurant is for 50 years (the restaurant is a pretty nice, tiny place). We went from a rural, hick town to an urban city. Much of the population is now made up of predominately liberal (and fairly wealthy) tech workers at Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Meta, Nintendo, et. al. The typical reaction here from the "Softies" has been that "It's the guns!!!! They scare me!!!! Don't need them here, don't want them here. Why would anyone need to carry a gun?? Gotta make it illegal to own guns..."

I read the panicking oscillations in the local chat groups. Comments were made that if that was their feeling they could contact their federal representatives to follow the established procedures to change the Constitution. This was not received well. "Never mind that, we have to change the law NOW!!!!!!"

A friend brought up that there have been 2 attempted abductions of children, a violent armed robbery with 4 perps, an arrest of an armed school principal, high on cocaine, threatening strangers in a parking lot, and numerous other robberies, assaults, break-ins, in the past month, within 6 blocks of this restaurant in downtown Redmond. Response was that this was a police matter and didn't make any difference to the public. The police need to just fix it. Oh, but don't hold accountable, arrest, prosecute or imprison anyone - except this super criminal with the ND.

Obviously, the ND has no excuse and has to be pursued by the police and courts but the local gov't entities (led by Seattle/King Co.) apparently feel dealing/using drugs, organized shoplifting, theft, assault, robbery, trespassing and just about anything else are OK.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads