JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can anybody tell what kind of holster that is? I'm having trouble getting a clear look. Basically I'm wondering whether is some type of nylon or if it's kidded or leather. If it's a soft type then leg could have hit trigger but I cant imagine a cop using that type of holster? One view shows that the holster has the gun set about 1" or more away from his hip. I'll try to find that screenshot.

Here is one that shows how gun is way far away from his body and at an angle. What holster is this I wonder? If this is a soft nylon type holster (for the part that is holding the gun, not the frame of the holster I mean) then one can't rule out that the trigger was hit by the leg. Extremely hard to tell but sort of looks like the portion surrounding the gun and trigger has a fold in it a bit, like it's soft nylon/elastic.

View attachment 1461306
Not without a clearer photo. But it doesn't appear that the pistol is completely seated. It almost looks like you can see a decent amount of the bottom of the trigger guard. I may be wrong. It's hard to see with the grainy dark colors.

Last Edited:
As much as I don't like YM, this video presents some valuable information about this incident.
does YM stand for yankee marshall? if so I will never open that. Nobody can say his dealings on this site without getting potentially sued but there are memebers on here that say they would SSS over it so that should tell you the gravity of it.

Looks like it wasn't even holstered properly.

bubblegum that! I will never watch that (can't say his unbelievably haeiness offense here) but let's say if he were in prison he would be the most hated and disrespected in there. Please don't post any more of his videos. There are poeple here willing to SSS over what he did (not talking about me, quoting other posters in the past).

Someone else thought that gear from his fellow officer may have gotten into the holster.
It's inconclusive for me although contact to or into the holster looks very possible.
The Yankee Marshal video posted by @Certaindeaf shows some very interesting kinetics... The gun is riding pretty high in the officer's holster (as noted by @1775usmc ) before he bends down to pick up the perp's legs. Then, as he rises up, his gun is hooked by/jams into the adjacent officer's duty belt and the gun discharges. Immediately after the gun's discharge, one can see that the officer's gun is now lodged much further down into the holster. This implies that the gun was not properly holstered at the beginning of the leg sweep, and by jamming into the adjacent officer's duty belt, if there was something in the trigger guard area of the holster, it could have gotten jacked up with the gun's trigger. Looks like poor gun handling to me, as I have said previously...

But I'm willing to wait for the investigation to come out, which obviously could not have been completed yet. But there sure as shiit are a lot of people on this thread who have already finished their investigation and hung the guilty party... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
does YM stand for yankee marshall? if so I will never open that. Nobody can say his dealings on this site without getting potentially sued but there are memebers on here that say they would SSS over it so that should tell you the gravity of it.
As I said, I don't like YM much, but I did suffer through the video.

Just a question... if Yankee Marshal cured cancer, would you still hate him? Asking for a friend... ;)

Last Edited:
Wow good video. You can clearly see that the trigger is v covered in the holster and when the gun goes off. Looks to me like the detainee's leg hit the pistol when he picked him up which caused it to go off (Basically the same as a drop discharge).

Do you know was this gun after drop safety recall or before. If before it's the same issue as not drop safe issue. If after the. It would be similar to the Richland wa guy's 2 videos who said it went off in the holster. In that case sig said the spring was faulty. If this gun was post recall then it could be the same flaw.
[/QUOTE]
Reportedly this dept just recently acquired P320s, so there is no way that they would be equipped with version early pre-recall pistols.
Even though the drop-safe fix was in the 2017/18 time-frame it still gets brought up in these threads.
Gun going off
View attachment 1461278
View attachment 1461279
Looks to me like gun had a proteuding red dot maybe and the perps leg hit that when he raised his legs up
[/QUOTE]
Looks to me like a Centrifuge holster accessory mount (or similar)
I'm not sure if the contact came from his fellow officer or the prisoner.
[/QUOTE]
I might be seeing a 21rd mag in that SIG.
It is not a flush-fitting mag which would be 17rd for full size.
Why is that noteworthy ?
He should have a flush-fitting mag in the gun and then if allowed, 21rd mags for back-up.
If true (and it's pretty clear), did this guy do any mods to the pistol ?

Last Edited:
A P320 doesn't do it for them, either. So far, every attempt at people implicating a P320 magically firing on its own accord upon its owner has been debunked by evidence later found that points to poor/inappropriate gun handling.

I'll continue to EDC my P320 as I have for the past 7+ years. I'm pretty confident that in the 13,000+ rds I've put through it without a single uncommanded discharge that its not going "to go off by itself"... It hasn't yet, and I can say with clarity that it won't. Over 7 years and 13,000+ rds of flawless execution informs my opinion. But this is 'Murca, so y'all can do y'all...

On that same subject...

Texas State Champion, Number 14 in the World at F-Class...

…. Cuz that would be something that I would like to wait for the investigation to determine. Period; full stop.
The department reviewed the issue, then went out to buy Glocks. I think we have a determination there… ;). If they had found a 1/2 eaten pork rind in the officer's holster, they probably would not have been dumping all the Sigs.

This issue is just like Det. Hilton in Chicago - fully holstered gun is jostled and discharges. "But, but, they had something else in the holster." That doesn't fly any more. Too many times, and nothing found in the holster.

I have no dog in the hunt, no bias against or for Sig. It's just fairly obvious at this point as the evidence is fairly weighed.

Im curious if anyone has ever done any research on how the P320 can go off on its own? Has this been replicated?
Sort of The hammer test, but that's kind of flawed for obvious reason. There have been over 100 reports the problem with most is that people are drawing the gun, so the presumption is they pulled the trigger.

The department reviewed the issue, then went out to buy Glocks. I think we have a determination there… ;). If they had found a 1/2 eaten pork rind in the officer's holster, they probably would not have been dumping all the Sigs.
Incident happened on Monday, and the investigation is already over and done with??? Wow, I only wish Congress could get to the bottom of shiit that fast... :rolleyes:

This issue is just like Det. Hilton in Chicago - fully holstered gun is jostled and discharges. "But, but, they had something else in the holster." That doesn't fly any more. Too many times, and nothing found in the holster.
To say that having something else in the holster "doesn't fly anymore" is a pretty pompous position to take...

I have no dog in the hunt, no bias against or for Sig. It's just fairly obvious at this point as the evidence is fairly weighed.
Fairly weighed??? Again, please cite an adjudicated court case where it was definitively determined that it was the gun's fault for discharging "on its own".
Still waiting...

Last Edited:
What are you suggesting? That I am immune to NDs? Cuz that's not what I said.
Ummm. OK.

" I can say with clarity that it won't. Over 7 years and 13,000+ rds of flawless execution informs my opinion. But this is 'Murca, so y'all can do y'all..."

The Yankee Marshal video posted by @Certaindeaf shows some very interesting kinetics... The gun is riding pretty high in the officer's holster (as noted by @1775usmc ) before he bends down to pick up the perp's legs. Then, as he rises up, his gun is hooked by/jams into the adjacent officer's duty belt and the gun discharges. Immediately after the gun's discharge, one can see that the officer's gun is now lodged much further down into the holster. This implies that the gun was not properly holstered at the beginning of the leg sweep, and by jamming into the adjacent officer's duty belt, if there was something in the trigger guard area of the holster, it could have gotten jacked up with the gun's trigger. Looks like poor gun handling to me, as I have said previously...

But I'm willing to wait for the investigation to come out, which obviously could not have been completed yet. But there sure as shiit are a lot of people on this thread who have already finished their investigation and hung the guilty party... :rolleyes:
The Church of P320 Spontaneous Combustion ?

Ummm. OK.

" I can say with clarity that it won't. Over 7 years and 13,000+ rds of flawless execution informs my opinion. But this is 'Murca, so y'all can do y'all..."
Precisely. As I said, the gun won't fire on it's own. However, I never claimed that I am above the possibility of committing an ND (note I do not call it an AD). You seek to conflate two very different scenarios. I would have thought you could have understood the difference... :s0092:

[/QUOTE]
I thought that was kind of an emotional knee-jerk reaction (if that report is true) to do that within hours of the incident.
Wonder why they sent the gun to forensics and then didn't wait for results ?
I'm thinking that report was inaccurate.

Yawn
That's stuff has been posted a kajillion times
Yup, the first two videos are 5+ years old, back when the trigger VUP was just getting started, so those vids mighta been topical then, but certainly aren't now.

The dude who says it went off in his pocket... what ever happened to his case? Still no word from the court that he won taht one... :s0092:

And the last one? Investigation found she had it wrapped up in a sweater in her purse, not in its holster! Gee, who'da thunk that mighta been a wee unsafe? o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top