JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A man is facing reckless endangerment charges after his gun fired in a Redmond restaurant and injured two people.

Around 7:55 p.m., Redmond police were sent to Sages Restaurant in the 15900 block of NE 83rd Street after receiving reports of a shooting.

Police say a man entered the restaurant with a gun he was legally carrying. The gun discharged, ricocheted off the floor, and hit one person in the elbow. Another person was struck by the shrapnel of the bullet. Both people who were injured were taken to local hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.

The shooting suspect left the scene before authorities arrived, but later surrendered himself and gun at the Redmond police station.

Detectives believe that the gun firing was "negligent" and say the man did not know the two people who were injured.

The shooting suspect was booked into Score Jail without incident and has been charged with reckless endangerment.

The gun discharged, ricocheted off the floor

Meaning the moron pulled the trigger when he did not mean to. The gun did not "just fire". These stories like this remind me of when the media started to go after SUV's. Every story made it sound like the vehicle drove all by itself if it was an SUV. The SUV did this and that before crashing. As if there was no driver in the damn thing.

The gun discharged, ricocheted off the floor

Meaning the moron pulled the trigger when he did not mean to. The gun did not "just fire". These stories like this remind me of when the media started to go after SUV's. Every story made it sound like the vehicle drove all by itself if it was an SUV. The SUV did this and that before crashing. As if there was no driver in the damn thing.
SUVs are known to just roll over. Nothing to do with idiot drivers doing 60+ through sharp turns or banked turns. :D

SUVs are known to just roll over. Nothing to do with idiot drivers doing 60+ through sharp turns or banked turns. :D
Actually, there was a major tire brand in the early 90s which were on many SUVs that did roll over. That was the theory.

Anyway, there's always more to the story. Was the gun holstered? Did it fall out somehow? The end result doesn't change (unless you work for the FBI or Capitol police) but there's negligence and there's Negligence. I don't want to be sitting down enjoying a marginal burrito one day, just to have my elbow blown off. Tell me something I can understand.

It does not say what kind of gun it was in the story. One person wanted to know as well in new story as well but it did not say what gun or model it was.
humor

hyoo͞′mər

noun

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness.
  2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement.
  3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.

It sounds like a Glock to me. Studies have shown that cheap Tupperware guns without external safeties will just go off with unsatisfactory user training.

Actually, there was a major tire brand in the early 90s which were on many SUVs that did roll over. That was the theory.

Anyway, there's always more to the story. Was the gun holstered? Did it fall out somehow? The end result doesn't change (unless you work for the FBI or Capitol police) but there's negligence and there's Negligence. I don't want to be sitting down enjoying a marginal burrito one day, just to have my elbow blown off. Tell me something I can understand.
I think it was Firestone tires.

Police say a man entered the restaurant with a gun he was legally carrying. The gun discharged, ricocheted off the floor, and hit one person in the elbow. Another person was struck by the shrapnel of the bullet.
if this is the case then it sounds like a bad holster or something got caught in the trigger guard when he holstered it at home.

1687062220618.png

if this is the case then it sounds like a bad holster or something got caught in the trigger guard when he holstered it at home.

View attachment 1439519
The fact that he ran tells me he fired the gun. I am sure he did not intend to but, he screwed up and when he set off a round he took off. Then stopped to think no way was he going to not be found. So he turned himself in. I have ZERO doubt he was working on a good story before he called the law to say hey its was me. Be interesting to find out if the place had camera's.

I think it was Firestone tires.
IIRC that mess was when they had a strike at the plant. They hired a bunch of people to run the place many of who of course did not know what they were doing. Then a bunch of bad stuff got out the door. I remember a large recall where they replaced the tires with new and the dealer would drill a large hole in the sidewall of the take offs.

IIRC that mess was when they had a strike at the plant. They hired a bunch of people to run the place many of who of course did not know what they were doing. Then a bunch of bad stuff got out the door. I remember a large recall where they replaced the tires with new and the dealer would drill a large hole in the sidewall of the take offs.
Yep, one of the plants was near where I grew up out on northern Illinois, Freeport if I'm not mistaken.

The fact that he ran tells me he fired the gun. I am sure he did not intend to but, he screwed up and when he set off a round he took off. Then stopped to think no way was he going to not be found. So he turned himself in. I have ZERO doubt he was working on a good story before he called the law to say hey its was me. Be interesting to find out if the place had camera's.
agree. Thats most likely the case.

That said I can see someone new to carrying freakin out and running too. I just cant imagine even a noob drawing a gun to play with it thats supposed to be concealed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top