JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This one was caught on Video officers holstered sig discharged

The police department is spending 20K to replace its Sigs with Glock after the discharge

No video, so to me, it's just more, "It went off by itself! I didn't touch it!" noise again. Would like to look at that video to see if there was a struggle on the part of the perp trying to unholster that firearm that caused it to discharge.

And the article references The Trace and WaPo, as if those two asshat organizations are some sort of experts on gun handling... :s0140:

Last Edited:
This one was caught on Video officers holstered sig discharged

The police department is spending 20K to replace its Sigs with Glock after the discharge

"Spontaneous Discharge" is a wee bit incriminating, LOL

Please start at Post #183

Last Edited:
I watched the video. That's sketchy! Glad I moved all my P320s and went back to Glock a few months back.

Glad no one was hurt.

No video, so to me, it's just more, "It went off by itself! I didn't touch it!" noise again.

And the article references The Trace and WaPo, as if those two asshat organizations are some sort of experts on gun handling... :s0140:
Ah, "The Trace"

The Trace is an American non-profit journalism outlet devoted to gun-related news in the United States. It was established in 2015 with seed money from the largest gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, which was founded by former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, and went live on 19 June of that year. The site's editor in chief is Tali Woodward.

OK, the OP article in the Day doesn't contain a video, but I watched the video referenced in this post and played it back on 0.25 normal speed and watched it several times. What I saw was the officer whose gun discharged reach down and grab the leg of the perp and lift it up. Although the gun/holster was partially obscured, it appeared to me that the perp's leg contacted the holstered firearm, which then went off. This fact causes me to have more concerns than just parroting the typical, "It went off by itself! I didn't touch it!" nonsense. Sure, maybe the officer didn't touch the gun, but it sure as hell appears that the perp's leg did...

I think it could be a holster issue.
Take a look at my GT link above if you want to see some still shots taken from the video.
I will for sure. And you may be right. But I have zero faith in the 320 at the moment.

I realize Glock went through growing pains as well. But they have been squared away.

Sure, maybe the officer didn't touch the gun, but it sure as hell appears that the perp's leg did...
So, you're saying as long as a guy packing a Sig in a holster doesn't brush up against anything, there is a fair chance that gun won't go off by itself? What, maybe 50/50? :s0140:

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. :s0092:

I'll save you the trouble. I know. I know. :s0012::s0012::s0012:

No video, so to me, it's just more, "It went off by itself! I didn't touch it!" noise again. Would like to look at that video to see if there was a struggle on the part of the perp trying to unholster that firearm that caused it to discharge.

It must be your computer no struggle it was a holstered gun

So, you're saying as long as a guy packing a Sig in a holster doesn't brush up against anything, there is a fair chance that gun won't go off by itself? What, maybe 50/50? :s0140:

Was probably thinking impure thoughts too.... the whole lot of them probably deserved it o_O

I knew it. More Sig P320 haters... :s0012:

You found me out!

I hate sig so much that I own two 365 and a 320 just so I can self-loathe :rolleyes:

I really like the 365 just wish it didn't have a mind of its own

Strange..... I didn't even "click" the video, and it started playing.

:rolleyes:__:D

For the real Didn't Clickers -
ui_wha'wasthat.png
ui_pewpew.png
click for the big picture...arrow parallel to the path of the discharged round.

Last Edited:

I contend that it may have been due to an improperly holstered pistol and/or an improper holster.
Something looks off if you look at it frame by frame.

I contend that it may have been due to an improperly holstered pistol and/or an improper holster.
Something looks off if you look at it frame by frame.
Maybe. I honestly just watched at regular speed.

But one thing is for sure. That's not the first time I've heckled @sobo about a Sig. :p

Full disclosure: Love my P238.

It must be your computer no struggle it was a holstered gun

But was it a properly holstered gun ?
Look at how it is "splayed outward" in that first frame of the video.
Does not look right to me.
Then after the discharge, the officer stands up and the holster looks to far away from his hip.
Good breakdown in my GT link above.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads