JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But was it a properly holstered gun ?
Look at how it is "splayed outward" in that first frame of the video.
Does not look right to me.
Then after the discharge, the officer stands up and the holster looks to far away from his hip.
Good breakdown in my GT link above.
Nothing appears off to me other than the gun going off. :)

As for the holster, it looks weird cuz its one of that modular retention holsters maybe a Rapid Force or similar they only make these for glocks and Sig 320's there's a plastic plate that holds the holster to the belt to the belt with a plate that sticks out further. If you look closely, you just can make out the strap over the top of the gun and you can't put a gun in that holster and have the retention active and have it wrong.

I saw a bullet fragment and some debris but it looks like the gun didn't cycle or seen to change orientation when it discharged, again indicating it likely properly seated in a retention holster.

Nothing appears off to me other than the gun going off. :)

As for the holster, it looks weird cuz its one of that modular retention holsters maybe a Rapid Force or similar they only make these for glocks and Sig 320's there's a plastic plate that holds the holster to the belt to the belt with a plate that sticks out further. If you look closely, you just can make out the strap over the top of the gun and you can't put a gun in that holster and have the retention active and have it wrong.

I saw a bullet fragment and some debris but it looks like the gun didn't cycle or seen to change orientation when it discharged, again indicating it likely properly seated in a retention holster.

The pistol does not look oriented correctly to me in the first frame.
The other officers have their pistols tight to their hips.
In the frame after the discharge, the officer stands up and the entire holster looks loose and too far away from his hip.
So what, right ?
Maybe this is indicative of an officer that doesn't take "equipment management" seriously enough ?
All speculative with what little information we have at this point.

In any event, the "spontaneous discharge" congregation is going to be disappointed with this one.

What kind of holster is this?
1690577045119.png

...and what is that thing sticking out of the front of the holster?

1690577120997.png

Lol.
Same way they have policies against drunk driving and communicating with known local prostitutes?
Hahahahaha
Never said they followed the rules. Lol. Just cause they're LE doesn't mean they are law abiding, competent, or have quality gear.

It's a TQ holster that attaches to the front of the holster. Very common to run on Safariland duty holsters.

I believe Centrifuge Training is the one who created them.

View attachment 1461095 View attachment 1461097
I'm looking at how far away from the guy's hip that holster is riding.
It almost looks like a competition holster.
I don't see that profile with the other guys in the video.

I'm looking at how far away from the guy's hip that holster is riding.
It almost looks like a competition holster.
I don't see that profile with the other guys in the video.
Yea I wish I could get a clear/close up of it. In the video the pistol almost looked like it had some play while in the holster.

It be interesting to see some photos of the holster after the gun went off. Brand, model, etc. also would like to see the pistol.

Yea I wish I could get a clear/close up of it. In the video the pistol almost looked like it had some play while in the holster.

It be interesting to see some photos of the holster after the gun went off. Brand, model, etc. also would like to see the pis
The pistol does not look oriented correctly to me in the first frame.
The other officers have their pistols tight to their hips.
In the frame after the discharge, the officer stands up and the entire holster looks loose and too far away from his hip.
So what, right ?
Maybe this is indicative of an officer that doesn't take "equipment management" seriously enough ?
All speculative with what little information we have at this point.

In any event, the "spontaneous discharge" congregation is going to be disappointed with this one.
It's the type of holster

alien+gear+drop+leg+holster.jpeg alien+gear+quick+disconnect.jpeg

It be interesting to see some photos of the holster after the gun went off. Brand, model, etc. also would like to see the pistol.
Hopefully they will do a thorough, honest investigation.
However, their knee-jerk jump to Glock within hours of the event was weird.
I would think that the powers that be would want to see what their forensics came up with instead of willy-nilly spending $200, 000 on new pistols.
And than again, who knows if that report was accurate.

I just realized we're arguing the merits of holster styles doesn't change the fact that the gun was holstered, the trigger was not accessible when it discharged.

I just realized we're arguing the merits of holster styles doesn't change the fact that the gun was holstered, the trigger was not accessible when it discharged.
True. But if it was an improper holster/had a defect/was not made specifically for that gun… add that to the light trigger pull and no trigger safety of the P320 and you could get these kind of results. Slop in a holster can also be dangerous.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top