JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My EDC is a Ruger SR9c... I like it because it's about the size of a G19 (one of the most popular carry guns nationwide) but slimmer.

However, it had no room for the WML that I like to use for HD. Nor would I enjoy EDC with a WML, I think. So, the nightstand gun used to be a Glock 34 with WML. Longer sight radius. And spare mags in the same nightstand drawer.

But since I moved into the spare bd (don't ask), I put the Judge revolver there, loaded with 3" Win PDX1 with copper discs and bb's. Thinking that the wife's bedroom is directly in my line of sight if I encounter someone in the living room, and not wanting to penetrate the wall there. I've gone back to a handheld taclight. But, the Judge is really more of a "somebody in the bedroom doorway" gun for me, due to having an AR for house clearing if I need it.

So, I have a braced AR pistol with a 20rd mag and soft point ammo, in case I need more rounds than the Judge is loaded with. The AR has a WML and a laser.

I have a .357 mag for blasting thru the front door. :D

My EDC next to my easy chair.

And a 8 shot 12ga riot gun with reflex optic, laser, and 1200lumen WML, loaded with old buckshot and new slugs, with a 6rd sidesaddle, and a 50rd bandolier, for chasing people in the yard or on my block. :D

Ammo... I've never used handloads in my EDC nor my HD weapons... not reliable enough for me. I've heard stories about factory ammo not being reliable today, but I've never experienced an ammo caused failure with factory loads.

I don't change out my defense ammo, but I've read that I should. Reason I don't is cuz it's expensive. And I've never had old ammo fail to fire.

Last Edited:
G19 EDC & G20 Nightstand gun get shot regularly. The G20 with light is more than I need during the day but perfect for the night, plus it sings me a bedtime song every night, which is a nice.

I own dozens of handguns but really only shoot 1 almost every darn time I go to the range. Something clicked when I realized that and it became my everything but basketball shorts gun.

What hammer?

33E0ED54-6247-48E6-9161-13A02D1EBA6D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews