JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6a010534b1db25970b01901d1cfea9970b-800wi.png

I vote all police and federal police in Portland wear masks, and no insignia.

Then they can dish out cold justice as needed and the supervisors and the bastige of a mayor can suck it trying to find out who was the offender. Just like those weasel protesters

My Dad's side of the family originated from England and came over and set up in Virginia. They ended up in Oklahoma after the War of Northern Aggression.
Our family ( Both Sides) come from ether Ukraine or Austria/Poland and immigrated to the Houston area of Texas long before it was a state! Were not quite a part of the "300" founders, but just after, and we actually founded Greenville Texas, so we are officially Texians as well as Sons and Daughters of the Pioneers! My Great Great Grand Father was also one of the founding members of the ( Masons) Texas Rangers! :cool:

I agree with you guys. These lasers are silly. If only centerist democrats would exercise their 2A rights then we'd see these protesters out there with guns instead of laser pointers. I bet they'd stop getting kidnapped by unidentified mercenaries and blasted in the head with whatever's coming out of the 40mm launchers. It's almost like they're watching tyranny take hold from the sidelines...
Maybe it's because what few centrist Democrats remain are shaking their heads, watching this absurd debacle with no more support for the radical loonies in the streets than centrist Republicans.

I apologize if your post was meant as humor; sometimes it's hard to tell. I have friends who are centrist liberal democrats, and they are sickened by the radicalism and violence of what's going on in Portland, on the part of the protesters. They hate Trump, and they want criminal justice reform, but they support the arrest and prosecution of the dangerous radicals among the protesters.

In regards to pilots and federal police on federal grounds, yes. You'll go in front of the magistrate. But if someone shined one in my eyes, I would have to articulate other elements to refer for anything but the unlawful use of the laser. Getting a PA to charge assault on LE these days is difficult, and impossible in some places.
I must have missed something here. What does the local prosecuting attorney have to do with Federal charges? Isn't that charged through the US Attorneys Office and tried in the same Federal Courthouse they are trying to set on fire? I'm not convinced there is a catch and release policy for Federal crimes. If the DOJ decides to make an example of the folks arrested for attacking federal property and assaulting federal authorities, it could be pretty painful for a few Portlanders.

The aiming lasers I have are rated ~0.005 watts output. Some of them, the green ones particularly, seem pretty bright but they're not dazzling even at night. In daylight they're pretty washed out. I also have a hand held pointer that's a green laser powered by a 18650 lithium cell. It's rated at ~1 watt and that darn thing is really bright; I'd not want it in my eye even for a moment. It's uncomfortable to look at the spot it casts indoors, and it's visible in daylight outdoors.

The 1 watt laser isn't even close to the most powerful device a person can get, mine is decently made, aluminum tubing, and cost something like $12.

Being blinded is a grievous bodily injury.

I must have missed something here. What does the local prosecuting attorney have to do with Federal charges? Isn't that charged through the US Attorneys Office and tried in the same Federal Courthouse they are trying to set on fire? I'm not convinced there is a catch and release policy for Federal crimes. If the DOJ decides to make an example of the folks arrested for attacking federal property and assaulting federal authorities, it could be pretty painful for a few Portlanders.

Read the post you quoted. Pilots and federal officers on federal ground = magistrate, aka federal courts/judge.

I'm neither a pilot/fed officer and don't work on fed property, therefore I would have to refer to the local PA. They would likely round-file the referral.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews